Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 01:26 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Exacxtly what I was talking about earlier. It just kills you so much that people have an opposing opinion that you just have to come back with a knock on Houston. It never ceases to entertain me.

This is what I meant when I was comparing the Dallas and Atlanta posters before. "Love and praise every single thing we do, or you're just a hater." Just an incredibly juvenile way of thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Despite the way we pick on each other here, I'm actually rooting for Dallas. I want all of the Texas cities to be seen in a more positive light.

Dallas has done some pretty cool things. This bridge is not one of them.

When it's all said and done, because of the path they chose to take, the TRP will end up being "nice" the same way Vegas is. Fake and fabricated. That's the honest truth.
Please, stop with the self-righteous denegation.

You are consistantly doing what you accuse others of, in using back-handed criticism.

By your logic, Central Park in NYC could also be considered "fake and fabricated".

Last edited by First24; 04-01-2012 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: added comments

Old 04-01-2012, 01:27 PM

122 posts, read 222,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Now if I was to crack jokes at that plain looking UH new stadium than ya'll would think I was wrong. Allen High School new football stadium is more impressive than that. Houston is so boring when it comes to architect.
That was just a rendering for press releases. The architect for the stadium has not been selected yet.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:29 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Now if I was to crack jokes at that plain looking UH new stadium than ya'll would think I was wrong. Allen High School new football stadium is more impressive than that. Houston is so boring when it comes to architect.

UH new Football stadium

Allen New Football Stadium
So you're comparing a suburban Dallas high school football stadium which probably holds less than half the amount of people to an urban college stadium a stones throw from DT Houston? Its also the 3rd largest college in the state after UT.

Did you have a bad weekend or something? Hangover got you delirious today?

Old 04-01-2012, 01:31 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshoota View Post
That was just a rendering for press releases. The architect for the stadium has not been selected yet.
Cool I hope they find something better. I don't disklike the stadium its just so plain looking.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:35 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
So you're comparing a suburban Dallas high school football stadium which probably holds less than half the people to an urban college stadium a stones throw from DT Houston? Its also the 2nd largest college in the state after UT.

Did you have a bad weekend or something? Hangover got you delirious today?
Yawn you check out Baylor and TCU new stadium both make UH stadium look like a piece of crap. Texas A&M is also in the works of getting a new stadium. Texas A&M is the second largest college in Texas barely behind UT.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 04-01-2012 at 01:45 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Yawn you check out Baylor and TCU new stadium both make that stadium look like a piece of crap. Texas A&M is also in the works of getting a new stadium. Also the second largest college in the state of Texas is Texas A&M Duh!
Negative Ghost Rider

A&M has surpassed UT in student enrollment as of Fall 2011.

UH is one of the fastest growing colleges in Texas. From 2005-2011 it grew by a whopping 5,242 students.

With the high cost of living & outrageous tuition, more & more people are ditching the big name Texas schools for the not so big names & staying closer to home.

Also growing like wild fire are UT Arlington, UT Dallas, North Texas, TSU in San Marcos, & Lamar University.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:06 PM

875 posts, read 1,661,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Negative Ghost Rider

A&M has surpassed UT in student enrollment as of Fall 2011.

UH is one of the fastest growing colleges in Texas. From 2005-2011 it grew by a whopping 5,242 students.

With the high cost of living & outrageous tuition, more & more people are ditching the big name Texas schools for the not so big names & staying closer to home.

Also growing like wild fire are UT Arlington, UT Dallas, North Texas, TSU in San Marcos, & Lamar University.
Hey you forgot about Sam Houston State too..

Check out the Master Plan. Its pretty neat.

http://www.shsu.edu/~masterplan/

Last edited by llmrkc07; 04-01-2012 at 02:16 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 03:07 PM

200 posts, read 294,979 times
Quote:

UH new Football stadium

Allen New Football Stadium
That is not the final rendering to the new football stadium for UH, it's just a mockup at this point. Since everything is pretty much squared away, they are currently hiring a firm to begin the design process.

UH to build new stadium on site of existing one

Quote:
So what's next? UH will hire a design firm and a construction manager, then immediately begin stadium design. Athletic director Mack Rhoades estimated those decisions could be made within the next three weeks.
It could be a plain jane, but its best to hold judgement until a final render is released.

While were at it, if you want to compare stadiums, look no further than the difference between Dynamo Stadium and FC Dallas Stadium. FC Dallas stadium is pretty much the epitome of boring, while Dynamo Stadium is trying something different from the rest (even if its a little tacky). But the important thing besides the design, was that at least the stadium is in downtown instead of say the Woodlands much like FC Dallas Stadium is in Frisco.

Last edited by Fairlady Z; 04-01-2012 at 03:17 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 03:18 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
Nice article Matt. I wonder if this means another skyscrapper project for DT. Hines is suppos to release a new project in a few weeks, not sure where its going to be,
supposed to be on that empty spot between Main, Fannin, Capitol and Texas right across the street from the Flying saucer.

Here:

77002 - Google Maps

This gap is gonna be plugged right up:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=77002&...69.74,,0,-22.5

Old 04-01-2012, 03:47 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Please, stop with the self-righteous denegation.

You are consistantly doing what you accuse others of, in using back-handed criticism.
Back-handed? No, I was perfectly clear about my disapproval of certain aspects of the TRP. Yours was a deliberate but sideways insult towards Houston. I'm guessing you were trying to hurt my feelings, assuming that I'm like the rest of you by attaching my own self assuredness to where I live. You sure showed me.

I could be from New York or Bumfreak, Alabama. The MHH will still look idiotic.

Quote:
By your logic, Central Park in NYC could also be considered "fake and fabricated".
I'm assuming you're referring to the manipulation of existing green space, when that's not at all what I'm criticizing. This is hardly comparable to how Central Park came to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas