Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 PM

216 posts, read 444,285 times

Advertisements

Dallas is a great city for Asian professionals.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:32 PM

216 posts, read 444,285 times
I hear Whites and Hispanics don't do bad, either.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:59 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
No denying, the article in D-Magazine exposes some valid issues that DFW civic leaders should focus attention on. Mainly, the lack of visibility of Black professionals in the area. Ultimately, it's positive word of mouth that will attract others.

There are plenty of amenities in place, the area just needs to grow them.

Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce

Dallas Black Dance Theatre :: Stepping Ahead Across the Nation

African American Museum Dallas

Paul Quinn College and the development of an Education Highway in South Dallas.
Dallas' Education Highway

In 2011, the National Urban League Policy Institute named Dallas-Fort Worth one of the nation's Top Ten cities for Blacks to do business.
Strong diversity policies nurture black-owned businesses
Exactly its called constructive criticism. The article was not trying to say DFW was a bad place for black proffesionals.It was mainly pointing out things the DFW metro area need to work on to improve its image and perception. I believe this article will give a huge boost to Paul Quinn College. This article definitely has struck nerve through the DFW black community.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunJuan View Post
Moreover, Texas is just a huge state with a low cost of living and plenty of land and opportunity. ATL has become over saturated, so more and more Black people from ATL and more and more who WOULD have moved to ATL five years ago are choosing Texas as the new hotspot for Blacks now, and since Houston and DFW are the two largest metros with the most to offer, that's where they are heading. I'm just telling you from experience as a person who has not relocated to Texas yet and who is on the outside NEAR Atlanta, and which types of Atlantans and Black people in general are going to which area, reports be damned. You may not want to listen now, but in the next few years you will notice when Houston's Black community starts looking like Hurricane Katrina hit all over again. Except this time, the lower class Black transplants won't leave in droves after a year or two. They'll only increase in numbers and set Houston's Black community back. And you know will happen then? All you snobbish, HBCU, "homegrown" Houston Black professionals who look down on Dallas's Black community and constantly try to bash Dallas to make Houston look so much better will be high tailing it up I-45 with all your belongings and your families packed trying to get in where you fit in in Dallas's Black professional community that you claim is so lacking and non-existent.
Amen....I wasn't impressed with the Houston black community... Most of the town is rachet anyway. Besides I went to Texas A&M University a tier 1 insitution because I wanted a CHALLENGE. I guess I should get off my high horse as well. Oh!!! and I am from Fort Worth, Texas. Damn I guess that debunks that myth of no black professional in the DFW area.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 04-22-2012 at 12:19 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnZ View Post
I hear Whites and Hispanics don't do bad, either.
This African American isn't scared of working and conversating with white folks. They act like its 1960's in America. I get so sick of the b*** and complaining. Make your money and shut the F** up.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:21 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Amen....I wasn't impressed with the Houston black community... Most of the town is rachet anyway. Besides I went to Texas A&M University a tier 1 insitution because I wanted a CHALLENGE. I guess I should get off my high horse as well. Oh!!! and I am from Fort Worth, Texas. Damn I guess that debunks that myth of no black professional in the DFW area.
Quote:
This African American isn't scared of working and conversating with white folks. They act like its 1960's in America. I get so sick of the b*** and complaining. Make your money and shut the F** up.
Much pride and anger in these posts.

I don't know what is wrong with some of you. Acting like you can only get a challenge if you go to Texas A&M. Look at what you just said..."make your money and shut the **** up". It's sad. I noticed the difference in the blacks from Houston and DFW after moving here a few years ago, but it's becoming even more apparent with posts like your own. So smug.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:22 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,330,050 times
Quote:
Having a college degree hardly makes you intelligent. For Dallas' sake, I'm praying that you are not what passes for a black professional. I'm sorry, but your consistent grammar and spelling errors seem to tell a different story; something more along the lines of...McDonald's cashier (???).

--Sincerely, Ratchet Houstonian.

I see that article has got the black Dallasites seething . Overcooked Oatmeal is a trip.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:27 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Having a college degree hardly makes you intelligent. For Dallas' sake, I'm praying that you are not what passes for a black professional. I'm sorry, but your consistent grammar and spelling errors seem to tell a different story; something more along the lines of...McDonald's cashier (???).

I see that article has got the black Dallasites seething . Overcooked Oatmeal is a trip.
Oh nairobi.....feelings always on your sleeve....he wasnt calling YOU ratchet.....but going by your post you were clearly offended....as always.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Much pride and anger in these posts.

I don't know what is wrong with some of you. Acting like you can only get a challenge if you go to Texas A&M. Look at what you just said..."make your money and shut the **** up". It's sad. I noticed the difference in the blacks from Houston and DFW after moving here a few years ago, but it's becoming even more apparent with posts like your own. So smug.
You are right I have a lot of pride in where I come from. Houston black posters continue to make a mockery out of DFW black population. So you think we are just suppose to sit back and let you degrade us and talk sh**? I don't know what's wrong with some of you thinking HBCU= More progressive black community. Have you seen TSU graduation rates lately?

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 04-22-2012 at 04:34 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

Thanks for the personal attack. FYI nobody called you ratchet that is just a fixation of your delusional mind. Let’s make a deal I (kdogg817) will fix my grammatical errors when (Nairboi) and the Houston posse can actually produce an intelligent conversation without being enamored and affronted by the name Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas