Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 01:35 PM

638 posts, read 568,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Last I checked the world relies on the energy industry to keep modern civilization from collapsing, and medicine to keep from getting sick and dying... Both pretty important things to the majority of the worlds population...
I won't pile on,too unfair.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:36 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,498,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
More straight up false claims from Metro Matt with no proof whatsoever to back them up. Another day on city-data.

Feel free to show proof of all of these doctors from Houston that save our poor health in uneducated and uncivilized DFW. Of the three brain and neurological categories I randomly chose to look up surgeons in, the majority come from out of state. The ones who did come from in state, nearly all went to UT Southwestern in Dallas. One each came from Houston and San Antonio respectively. That seems to be pretty consistent across most specialties.

Vitals - Find a Doctor, Doctor Reviews & Ratings
To treat some posters as if they are employed by or are somehow representatives of Houston creates a straw-man fallacy.

The poster in question only sees Houston as a shield he can use to keep his beloved Tyler from being totally dominated by DFW at best. In the long run, and I think you realize this as well, his true loyalties are in North Texas where he will eventually settle down and produce another generation of Moles that will continue the fine tradition of North Texas deception....

Old 06-03-2014, 01:40 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
I won't pile on,too unfair.
pile on what...?

Old 06-03-2014, 01:43 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,693 times
Quote:
Houston has the oil refineries, DFW has the minds.
Houston vs. Dallas education. Hmmmm... the numbers say that DFW has Houston narrowly beat in terms of the educational attainment of residents. Austin is far and away the most educated metro in Texas.

DFW, however, does not have a school quite on the level of Rice, so there's that.

Either way, education as a whole isn't really something either city should brag about in my opinion.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Oil companies gravitate to Houston, high technology to Austin, and everything else to DFW.
First of all Oil@Gas is still the most important industry in this state (Texas) and will be for longer than anybody posting on this forum will ever know. Secondly if you look at those great minds in Austin you will find that the crème de la crème of those minds, originally came from Houston. If you look at a list of the great minds actually from Texas (born and raised) people from Houston will be well represented, and will be for some time to come.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
Houston vs. Dallas education. Hmmmm... the numbers say that DFW has Houston narrowly beat in terms of the educational attainment of residents. Austin is far and away the most educated metro in Texas.

DFW, however, does not have a school quite on the level of Rice, so there's that.

Either way, education as a whole isn't really something either city should brag about in my opinion.
Oh I agree. I just feel compelled to the Houston braggarts as a Texan.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Oh I agree. I just feel compelled to the Houston braggarts as a Texan.
and you dont feel compelled to point out to all the biased Dallas homers how ridiculous they are being? or do you see through that, because you are a DFW homer yourself (though you dont even live in this COUNTRY anymore, much less in Texas).

last i checked it was a DFW homer (oh.. it was YOU) that brought up this DFW "minds" point, about Exxon. so how are Houstonians boasting about how smart and well educated we are? we are simply responding to the Dallas nonsense.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
First of all Oil@Gas is still the most important industry in this state (Texas) and will be for longer than anybody posting on this forum will ever know. Secondly if you look at those great minds in Austin you will find that the crème de la crème of those minds, originally came from Houston. If you look at a list of the great minds actually from Texas (born and raised) people from Houston will be well represented, and will be for some time to come.
Houston people sound so desperate to prove themselves. You never hear that despiration in DFW or Austin. So insecure.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Houston people sound so desperate to prove themselves. You never hear that despiration in DFW or Austin. So insecure.
what the hell are you talking about? you are going to come to conclusions over some bickering on a message board? first off, its spelled "despEration", second, we are not desperate to prove ourselves.. were just responding to certain Dallasites egotistical, arrogant, pretentious posts/opinions. this is a VS thread, and were certainly not going to let some Dallas fanboys over run it with a bunch of BS.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
DFW, Austin minds are the future for Texas.
LOL you throw out some platitude, then tell me I'm desperate to prove myself when I do indeed prove the platitude to be erroneous. That mind of yours is truly something?

Quote:
So I guess the only way to prove my security is to not reply to your, or any, Thought-terminating cliché's posted on this forum. Which, of course, would allow you too post them with impunity, nice try?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas