Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 04:53 PM

343 posts, read 805,135 times
Yeah its actually entertaining. Although economically (and seafood wise) an ocean would be nice but in actuality no one cares here. My friends from Houston say they rarely go to Galveston anyways and usually leave Texas for beaches (although I along with many of my friends go to White Rock every weekend). Houston is not a beach city like Miami or LA. Its a good asset unquestionably, but a source of envy for DFW residents, not at all.

Last edited by nakold23; 09-29-2011 at 05:20 PM..

Old 09-29-2011, 04:56 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakold23 View Post
Yeah its actually entertaining. Although economically (and seafood wise) I suppose an ocean would be nice but in actuality no one cares here. My friends from Houston say they rarely go to Galveston anyways and usually leave Texas for beaches (although I along with many of my friends go to White Rock every weekend). Houston is not a beach city like Miami or LA. Its a good asset unquestionably, but a source of envy for DFW residents, not at all.
your friend doesn't go but who cares. When did she get elected to represent us?

she doesn't but thousands of others do, and the option is there. for the DFW people who do visit Galveston I am sure they would like the option too.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:15 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
yu are the only one who is dumb here dude.

Fact: Houston has lakes AND Beaches.

No mountains or Beaches in DFW.

The beaches in Houston are Houston. The mountains in ARK and OK are not DFW's stop the dumbass comments
Someone is clearly bothered when they resort to ad hominem responses and their post is filled with misspellings and punctuation errors. Go collect yourself and come back.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 PM

343 posts, read 805,135 times
Quote:
you are the only one coming out sounding dumb, calling that an urban lake. Negro please. Nothing urban about the look or feel about it.

last I checked it wasn't Galveston's name on the metro. Last I checked it was Houston Metro, or greater Houston. Sad that Dallas has no greater anything.

^^ end of story.
um wow didnt even read this post yet. Clearly this demonstrates your lack of knowledge about Dallas. If you are SERIOUSLY implying White Rock lake isn't an urban lake, you have never been. Dont judge it by ariel photos. It is surrounded by fairly dense, older urban neighborhood and it is in biking distance from downtown. Embarrassing post.

And I am not saying this IN ANY regard to Houston, simply as a clarification. White Rock Lake is an urban lake

And using the term negro?! I find that offesive and it reeks of unintelligence

Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Someone is clearly bothered when they resort to ad hominem responses and their post is filled with misspellings and punctuation errors. Go collect yourself and come back.
what? you can't handle the heat?

you need to step back until you can make arguments that make sense. Houston has stuff in its own metro. We do not need to go to ARk and Ok to claim things

Old 09-29-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
um wow didnt even read this post yet. Clearly this demonstrates your lack of knowledge about Dallas. If you are SERIOUSLY implying White Rock lake isn't an urban lake, you have never been. Dont judge it by ariel photos. It is surrounded by fairly dense, older urban neighborhood and it is in biking distance from downtown. Embarrassing post.

And I am not saying this IN ANY regard to Houston, simply as a clarification. White Rock Lake is an urban lake

whats offensive about negros? Thats what we are.

and White Rock Lake is not an urban lake.
It maybe in the city limits but it is more like a protected natural area instead of an urban lake. When it gets ruined by a plethora of piers and docks and shops and housing units a couple yards away, but having a lake in the city doesn't mean it is urban.

don't talk about intelligence if you think that all lakes in cities are urban. Its the development that makes it urban. some neighborhoods near it does not make it urban.

Urban lakes look like this:

http://aftercorbu.com/wordpress/wp-c...8/echopark.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--TTA45-4rq...-michigan1.jpg

so you are the one sounding unintelligent dude. Calling that lake urban is silly

Old 09-29-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
what? you can't handle the heat?

you need to step back until you can make arguments that make sense. Houston has stuff in its own metro. We do not need to go to ARk and Ok to claim things
No. You lost the debate the minute you decided to resort to insults. Which is why I offered you the chance to calm down, and return to having a somewhat intelligent, adult conversation. Insults are middle school tactics, and aren't necessary for someone with a solid argument, which you do not have.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:

It isn't worth it. At some point you just have to let it go and let people believe what they want. They think they know everything, so let them. I certainly won't be losing any sleep tonight.

Now I don't know about y'all , but I'm about to go outside and enjoy this refreshingly breezy night air.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
No. You lost the debate the minute you decided to resort to insults. Which is why I offered you the chance to calm down, and return to having a somewhat intelligent, adult conversation. Insults are middle school tactics, and aren't necessary for someone with a solid argument, which you do not have.

you are the one started calling people dumb, not me, I just corrected you on it saying that with your faulty info you are the one coming off like that not the people you are calling dumb. So if you are going by insults you lost because you started it

right here:

Quote:
But keep playing dumb. It's amusing.

Last edited by HtownLove; 09-29-2011 at 07:17 PM..

Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:

Now I don't know about y'all , but I'm about to go outside and enjoy this refreshingly breezy night air.
its best you do that instead of posting nonsense here about DFW making up for their lack of beaches by having mountains. Puhlease,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas