Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 08:17 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,158 times

Advertisements

I have never been to Texas but I saw it in television, on book…
WOW! I know that I like this place yet!
I'm attract to cowboys style, their life, their clothes and spirit but I like a food also end….rodeo!
I would like to see a Rodeo!
You are a fantastic people, more vitality and true. I love USA!
Now, I'm curious and I hope to visit your State as soon as

with love
Laura

Old 02-04-2007, 10:05 PM

10 posts, read 48,230 times
I hate to be picky but Little GWB was born in Stafford or Stanford Conn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbuilder View Post
On our stars list I would like to add
Tex Ritter
Janice Joplin
Edgar and Johnnie Winter
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Lee Greenwood
Gene Autry
Z Z Top
Dr. Denton Cooley
Cyd Charisse
Dwight D Eisenhour
Larry Hagman (maybe already listed
Lyndon Johnson
George Jones
Bonnie Parker
George Bush 1 & 2
Sandra Day O'commer
Roy Orbison
Babe Didrikson Zaharias
Kathy Whitworth
Buck Owens
Clyde Barrow
Rip Torn
Audie Murphy
Spanky McFarland
Adm.Chester Nimitz
Ernest Tubb
Robert Rauschenberg
Tommy Tune
Mary Martin
Trini Lopez
Earl Campbell
AJ Foyt
Red Adair

Big State Lots of Famous folk!

Old 02-09-2007, 06:51 PM

351 posts, read 1,585,048 times
I am currently in Baghdad and I can hardly wait to get back to the Hill Country!! Fresh air, cicada's serenading me. Bonfires. My ranch overlooking the Guadalupe (thank you once again Uncle Douglass). Listening to my goats whine for more corn. Hearing the bark of the Big Axis Buck and knowing that I could take him if I wanted to, but I still have a freezer of meat so I can just look at him and enjoy his wildness. Catfish. Tubing on the Guadalpe. BONFIRES! Most amazing sunsets this side of forever. Cold beer on the porch with a slight breeze to keep the skeeters away. Driving on a road without another car in sight the entire way. Coming over a hill near Sisterdale and seeing the vista spread out unexpectedly into a wide valley filled with different crops. Hearing the rumble of the friendly neighborhood doctor/lawyer/stockbroker/professional out for a weekend ride on his $20,000 Harley Davidson. Weinee roast where the only utensil used is a stick that you have cut off the tree with your handy pocketknife followed by roasted marshmallows. Driving up and down and up and down and up and down on IH-10 towards Kerrville. Going to Nelson City Dance Hall and haveing the priviledge of hearing some great country music (even if I prefer Metallica). Walking outdoors and seeing a rattle snake and letting him go on his way because he has a purpose in this world too. Watching my goats CLIMB UP TREES. Clearing Cedar with my chainsaw and then, guess what, BONFIRE!
As soon as I leave this hellhole, I am not going to leave the best country on the planet: TEXAS!!!!

Old 02-09-2007, 07:14 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,806,022 times
That sounds excellent crazedchef!

Old 02-10-2007, 07:07 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,380,632 times
stay safe in the sandbox and Texas will be waiting for you........God Bless You for your service to our country and HOOAH!
are ya active duty, guard, or contractor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
I am currently in Baghdad and I can hardly wait to get back to the Hill Country!! Fresh air, cicada's serenading me. Bonfires. My ranch overlooking the Guadalupe (thank you once again Uncle Douglass). Listening to my goats whine for more corn. Hearing the bark of the Big Axis Buck and knowing that I could take him if I wanted to, but I still have a freezer of meat so I can just look at him and enjoy his wildness. Catfish. Tubing on the Guadalpe. BONFIRES! Most amazing sunsets this side of forever. Cold beer on the porch with a slight breeze to keep the skeeters away. Driving on a road without another car in sight the entire way. Coming over a hill near Sisterdale and seeing the vista spread out unexpectedly into a wide valley filled with different crops. Hearing the rumble of the friendly neighborhood doctor/lawyer/stockbroker/professional out for a weekend ride on his $20,000 Harley Davidson. Weinee roast where the only utensil used is a stick that you have cut off the tree with your handy pocketknife followed by roasted marshmallows. Driving up and down and up and down and up and down on IH-10 towards Kerrville. Going to Nelson City Dance Hall and haveing the priviledge of hearing some great country music (even if I prefer Metallica). Walking outdoors and seeing a rattle snake and letting him go on his way because he has a purpose in this world too. Watching my goats CLIMB UP TREES. Clearing Cedar with my chainsaw and then, guess what, BONFIRE!
As soon as I leave this hellhole, I am not going to leave the best country on the planet: TEXAS!!!!

Old 02-10-2007, 07:10 AM

985 posts, read 5,758,218 times
Austin - Lake Travis and Hill county.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,761 times
All I can say is thank God for Texas!!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 AM

613 posts, read 798,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
As the sayin' goes "EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS"!!!

Big Cars
Big Hair
Big Minds
Big Bellies (lots of wonderful BBQ, fried chicken, catfish, etc...)
Big Wallets
Big EVERYTHING!

But most of all BIG HEARTS!!!!

Not to mention Friday Night Football, the Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys and some of the best BBQ you'll ever eat....and some of the best bass fishin' you'll ever do!

We TEXAN's love our state and we love our food and we love our brothers and sisters. And for the one's of you who haven't got a chance to visit or live in Texas....Y'ALL don't know what yer missin'!!!

So giddie up and make yer way to the Lone Star State where there is plenty of love to go 'round. yeeeeeeeeee haawwwwww

Also....we have Matt McConaughey, Neal McCoy, and now Forrest Whitaker the new Oscar Winner, who all grew up right down the road from me in Longview, TX.

Born and bred a Texan and dang proud of it!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:21 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,358 times
Default Favorite sayings

This one was said by my wife when she first moved to Texas, and I believe that there's a bumber sticker that has the saying.
"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!"

Old 06-29-2007, 10:22 AM

18 posts, read 91,928 times
What I love most about Texas is there are 48 other states in this country left to choose from that I haven't lived in yet.
The best thing I can say about the part of Texas I live in as opposed to where I moved from is the air here is less polluted.
Looking to leave as fast as I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas