Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best city?
Dallas 21 36.21%
Houston 27 46.55%
San Antonio 15 25.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 08:07 AM

9 posts, read 34,838 times

Advertisements

I am going to dental school, and I have been researching cities. It seems that out of my choices, none of them stand out as having an obvious dating scene for somebody my age (like College Station or Austin would). Which of these three cities has the best dating scene for a 20s-30 guy. Which has the best looking smart women and is easiest to navigate?

Thanks!!!

(Please don't point out that I shouldn't be choosing my school by this criteria. I am factoring in the schools as well as the cities)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 05:46 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,559,699 times
Cut out San Antonio immediately. It is a rather boring city with not a lot to do. Dallas and Houston are probably about equal as far as good looking women go, however if you like a little more ethnic variety Houston would be for you. Houston is a "cooler" city than Dallas, in my honest opinion. But it's like I always say, Dallas is Texas and Houston is the world.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:00 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,683,952 times
That's an interesting way to put it, but I can 2nd that. I'd go with Dallas or Houston. Houston isn't hard to navigate, but it is a really big city.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:36 AM

362 posts, read 1,057,608 times
San Antonio is more festive than both cities. San Antonio is a party city! Lots of clubs, more college students than Austin. San Antonio gets a bad rap from people don't don't even know much about San Antonio.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:14 PM

9 posts, read 34,838 times
Hey mikey, do you live in San Antonio?

Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,764,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsun View Post
I am going to dental school, and I have been researching cities. It seems that out of my choices, none of them stand out as having an obvious dating scene for somebody my age (like College Station or Austin would). Which of these three cities has the best dating scene for a 20s-30 guy. Which has the best looking smart women and is easiest to navigate?

Thanks!!!

(Please don't point out that I shouldn't be choosing my school by this criteria. I am factoring in the schools as well as the cities)
College Station??? Come on, man...

Houston has several universities if you are interested in college girls. It also has multitudes of girls that just graduated from college. Further there are multitudes of girls who have moved to Houston, like you, without any contacts for work/school and are, uh, wookin' puh nub. A young, hotshot dental student isn't going to have a lot of trouble finding dates in this town. Whether you want to hit the clubs downtown, the bars in midtown, or the college haunts around Rice and U of H, you will find girls there. Of course, your best resource will probably be other dental students who are from Houston or went to school here.

Just keep in mind that this isn't like moving to College Station, it's more like moving to the 4th largest city in the United States. All three of the cities you listed are huge places and will have lots of options. Visit all three places, weigh the schools and decide that way. Be happy with your surroundings, study hard in school, be proactive in your free time and the dating situation will fall into place.

I don't know Dallas as well, but there's a lot of stuff happening there for young adults also. Contrary to some previous posters, I think that San Antonio has a thriving night life. If you visit, make sure you make an appearance at the Riverwalk after 10:00 PM.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:24 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,023,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Cut out San Antonio immediately. It is a rather boring city with not a lot to do. Dallas and Houston are probably about equal as far as good looking women go, however if you like a little more ethnic variety Houston would be for you. Houston is a "cooler" city than Dallas, in my honest opinion. But it's like I always say, Dallas is Texas and Houston is the world.
Yep it is boring. I wish they'd build a theme park or Riverwalk at least . I moved to SA in 2007 for college (there are lots of colleges in/near SA) and it is a blast. I am a single white 19 yr. old and the dating scene is great. It is very clean and lots of attractive women! You'll have no problem finding parties. It is probably the most Cali-like city in Texas (traffic is bad, but not as bad as other major Texas cities). Great nightlife, only an hour away from Austin (huge plus). I love Houston too though. Tons of things to do in both cities.

Dallas... well it takes a special kind of person to live in Dallas (but hey if crime and pollution are your cup of tea).

Old 08-14-2008, 11:40 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,689,699 times
If you're still a student look at the more care-free Austin or SA. Once you get out of school and into work life, the more business-minded Houston or DFW.

(If I were a student @ 26, knew then what I know now, and had $, I'd be in San Diego.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
College Station??? Come on, man...

Yeah, CS is great from age 18-22 as an undergrad at A&M on a free ride from the parents. Once you've passed the point of no return, CS sucks hardcore. The general immaturity of the place drains the psyche. CS redeems itself somewhat by having a respectable university in it, but in all honesty is just another ass-backward Texas town. I lived both the college life and real world after I graduated and must say if you're 26, look elsewhere!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:40 PM

29 posts, read 95,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Cut out San Antonio immediately. It is a rather boring city with not a lot to do.
Um, San Antonio has Six Flags and Sea World, Houston tore down their Six Flags.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:40 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,689,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguru View Post
Um, San Antonio has Six Flags and Sea World, Houston tore down their Six Flags.

He's 26, not 16.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas