Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:41 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,322,498 times

Advertisements

Went to Dead Fish Grill tonite, on Lake Belton. It has only been open two weeks. It is the ONLY waterfront restaurant/bar on this huge lake. The views are GORGEOUS. Al fresco dining at its best.The food and drinks were great. This is why I love the FT HOOD/KILLEEN/TEMPLE area.....you have the best of both worlds-I can be boating or dining on the waterfront one day, and ropin' on the wide open range out in the country the next day. For those who bash Killeen/FT Hood area, check this album out. These are the kinds of places we have right here in our backyard. (the owners are also opening up a beer garden in a few months, adjoining the restaurant!)

Picasa Web Albums - BELLESTAROFTEXAS - PICS OF DEAD ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 03:21 AM

285 posts, read 674,694 times
WOW! Looks like a place we'll have to check out. Thanks for sharing!

Lori

Old 08-10-2008, 10:23 AM

5,402 posts, read 13,220,490 times
Hey, I took my daughter's Brownie group to Lake Belton (Camp Kachina) in the early 80s. It was great fun camping and enjoy the beauty of the area. I haven't been back since though.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:19 AM

52,568 posts, read 47,690,485 times
Default A Learning Experience

Well, I learned something new today, everybody. That something new is Lake Belton. Didn't know that was there. I'll be looking that up, but in the meantime, great pics as always, Belle.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:49 PM

Here ya go, Case44.....lots of info about Belton Lake and Stillhouse Hollow Lake, two Army Corps of Engineers lakes here in Ft Hood area. come visit!

BLORA (Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area)
++ Fort Hood MWR ++ BLORA Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area

US ARMY CORP OF ENGINEERS LAKE BELTON WEBSITE
Belton Lake Official Webpage

TPWD LAKE BELTON WEBSITE
Fishing Belton Lake

A GOOD PIC OF BELTON LAKE
Image:Belton lake.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

STILLHOUSE HOLLOW LAKE (our other big lake here)
Stillhouse Hollow Lake Official Webpage

A GREAT SITE WITH LINKS TO ALL LAKE BELTON'S PARKS WITH PICS
Lake Belton, Texas

ABOUT LAKE BELTON FROM HANDBOOK OF TEXAS
Handbook of Texas Online - BELTON LAKE

BELTON LAKE WATERFRONT COTTAGE FOR DAILY RENTAL
Belton Lake Texas Waterfront Cottage Apartment B&B, Apartments in Belton, Texas

HILL COUNTRY MAGAZINE ARTICLE ON BELTON LAKE
Belton Lake - Texas Hill Country Magazine - Highlighting the best features and natural wonders of the Texas Hill Country - Bandera, Bertram, Blanco, Bluffton, Brady, Buchanan Dam, Burnet, Camp Verde, Concan, Georgetown, Goldthwaite, Hamilton, Horsesh

GOOD GENERAL INFO ON LAKE BELTON AREA
Lake Reviews
(note: web site has not been updated-Franks on the Lake is now Dead Fish Grill)

ONLY WATERFRONT RESTAURANT/BAR ON BELTON LAKE
Landing

Old 08-11-2008, 03:49 PM

Good links, Belle. What's odd is, I've known about Stillhouse Hollow for years because of signs on I-35 that tell me about it as I drive through Salado. So I knew about that, but not about Lake Belton. I have such a photographic memory, and I have a thing for freeway signs. Some things I remember, and others I don't. Lake Belton would be worth a visit. The problem is, I can't do any roadtrips right now, and gas prices really need to come down.

But thanks, once again, for these great sources!

Old 08-11-2008, 07:43 PM

if you EVER come through this area, PLEASE let me know. i need ANY excuse to dine at Dead Fish Grill. matter of fact, several of my coworkers have dined there THREE times in the two weeks it has been open.
i'm going there tomorrow night (my second dinner there-just went Sat nite....yeehaw!!...dont be hatin', be congratulatin' hee hee!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Good links, Belle. What's odd is, I've known about Stillhouse Hollow for years because of signs on I-35 that tell me about it as I drive through Salado. So I knew about that, but not about Lake Belton. I have such a photographic memory, and I have a thing for freeway signs. Some things I remember, and others I don't. Lake Belton would be worth a visit. The problem is, I can't do any roadtrips right now, and gas prices really need to come down.

But thanks, once again, for these great sources!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:53 PM

Default Location, Location, Location

I'll take you up on the Dead Fish Grill thing when I can, Belle. I've always loved seafood. Now, I'm looking up the locations of the two lakes on Mapquest. Lake Belton skirts the eastern boundary of Fort Hood and is north of Belton on State Highway 317. It's practically just outside of Belton. How convenient is that? I've seen the U.S. 190 corridor and that entire stretch is ideal for a lake to be located. And that area is fortunate to get not one, but two lakes in the area. But I can't get over Stillhouse Hollow Lake and its location. Why? We all know it's west of Salado, but how many people know that it's near the community of Ding Dong? It is. That's right; there's a Ding Dong, Texas. I kid you not; it's south of Killeen on State Highway 195. It's west of the lake.

By the way, I think we're ready for more pics!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:59 PM

yes Ding Dong.....in Bell County between Maxdale and Florence. i keep seeing a truck at work on post with the decal "Ding Dong Volunteer Fire Dept" and i want a t-shirt from there. yes, they have a volunteer fire dept and it is a real town, and a "ghost town" according to the travel texas website. someday i am going to drive over there and at least get a pic of me in front of the Ding Dong street sign and post office if they have one.
mroe pics? you betcha!
oh yeah, Stillhouse Holow Lake is a popular place for many around here-my girlfriend says she goes there, to a swimming hole with a waterfall! i have yet to check it out-i know, shame on me..being only 20-30 min drive from there. one of these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I'll take you up on the Dead Fish Grill thing when I can, Belle. I've always loved seafood. Now, I'm looking up the locations of the two lakes on Mapquest. Lake Belton skirts the eastern boundary of Fort Hood and is north of Belton on State Highway 317. It's practically just outside of Belton. How convenient is that? I've seen the U.S. 190 corridor and that entire stretch is ideal for a lake to be located. And that area is fortunate to get not one, but two lakes in the area. But I can't get over Stillhouse Hollow Lake and its location. Why? We all know it's west of Salado, but how many people know that it's near the community of Ding Dong? It is. That's right; there's a Ding Dong, Texas. I kid you not; it's south of Killeen on State Highway 195. It's west of the lake.

By the way, I think we're ready for more pics!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:02 PM

I should have known. Ding Dong. In Bell County. Yes, I should have known. Now, that's planning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas