Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 07:00 AM

18 posts, read 112,145 times

Advertisements

i plan to move to amarillo in next 3 months from philly wondering about jobs and if there is any puplic trans. any info about city crime/ houses/thank you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM

8 posts, read 45,354 times
public transportation doesnt exist in texas unless you are in a huge city like Dallas, houston places like that. It is hot as the dickens there. It will be a major change for you. Why would you move from philly to amarillo, have you ever been there>? Ther eisnt really anything there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkenzo View Post
i plan to move to amarillo in next 3 months from philly wondering about jobs and if there is any puplic trans. any info about city crime/ houses/thank you..

Old 05-23-2007, 06:19 PM

389 posts, read 1,657,141 times
I Liked Amarillo ,and as far as public trans..didn't notice any but the streets are wide and crime rate low.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:11 AM

The main reason to leave philly is the crime is out of control looking at almost over 400 murders last year the schools are some of the worst in the country.HOW ABOUT ABILENE ANY IFO .

Old 05-24-2007, 08:06 AM

448 posts, read 1,588,503 times
I been to Amarillo quite a few times due to my fiance being from there, I am from NYC so my opinion may be biased but its a small town. Approximately $200k
people, it has its share of crime but not as much as Philly. My theory in living in cities is I refuse to live in any city that I must take two planes to get there, with that said Amarillo has nothing to do, why not a bigger city in Texas??

Old 05-25-2007, 05:25 AM

DO you know of any decite size citys in west tx besides el paso

Old 05-27-2007, 12:08 PM

63 posts, read 328,010 times
Bellestaroftexas or anyone else with knowledge of Amarillo and the Amarillo area - I've gotta get out of AZ (housing too high etc) and have been checking out Amarillo (along with SW CO). If anyone can give me some links to job search sites out that way, it would help me out a bit. If anyone has a link to the local newspaper that would be good too. I have a few that I have been checking into, but more couldn't hurt. Plus, does anyone know about Canyon, TX (south of Amarillo)? And another question, I'm looking at renting a house, I am a single mom and we have pets. My child is in middle school, so I would like to be in a good school district. What would the average rent be? I wouldn't mind being out of town a bit. I'm looking at relocating anytime this summer before school starts again. Thanks for any info you could send this way.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:40 PM

7 posts, read 35,943 times
I love Amarillo. We've raised our boys here. We moved from Fort Worth, Texas in 1999. Had to go back to Tulsa, OK for 3 years when my dad died, and then came back here. WE LOVE IT! We're moving to Tucson, Arizona...husband got an amazing job offer and one of the boys has graduated high school. Great place to raise a family. People are very friendly and the town is growing. We have new place to shop since I've moved here. Our boys went to Austin Middle school. Great teachers. Great kids.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,384,846 times
amarillo.com should give you the link to the online newspaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Gal in AZ View Post
Bellestaroftexas or anyone else with knowledge of Amarillo and the Amarillo area - I've gotta get out of AZ (housing too high etc) and have been checking out Amarillo (along with SW CO). If anyone can give me some links to job search sites out that way, it would help me out a bit. If anyone has a link to the local newspaper that would be good too. I have a few that I have been checking into, but more couldn't hurt. Plus, does anyone know about Canyon, TX (south of Amarillo)? And another question, I'm looking at renting a house, I am a single mom and we have pets. My child is in middle school, so I would like to be in a good school district. What would the average rent be? I wouldn't mind being out of town a bit. I'm looking at relocating anytime this summer before school starts again. Thanks for any info you could send this way.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:17 AM

2 posts, read 12,092 times
Default Amarillo

Amarillo is a very laid back "city". The best part to live is the south side, preferably in the Canyon ISD section or the Amarillo High cluster. My son lives in Amarillo and pays 600 for a one bedroom off of 45th and Bell St.
There is public transport in the form of buses. Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas