Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2008, 03:52 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,366,590 times

Advertisements

Hello, my DH is looking into a job that is located in Richardson, Anything you can tell me, would be greatly appreciated(sp?) .
Thank you, Michelle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 03:57 PM

3,810 posts, read 8,706,838 times
Try over on the Dallas specific forum. It's an inner ring suburb. You'll get good response over there. Also try searching because I recall some other recent posts asking about Richardson.

Off the top of my head, it's a pretty good community.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:58 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,709,231 times
Try posting on the Dallas board. Richardson is just north of Dallas. It's a nice suburb!!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 PM

673 posts, read 3,082,313 times
Richardson is nice a place to live. It is one of the older suburbs of Dallas. There is older part near downtown (Beltline/Main & US 75). Most of housing close to there is about 30-50+ years old or so. There is one new housing development there though, its call Buckingham Villas (on Centennial Blvd).

The northern part of town (along Renner and US 75) I believe is about 20 years. There are actually are new homes in far Northeast part of Richardson, this one long area of Richardson that goes to far east all the way to Murphy. This where my apartment is at. The houses are pretty nice, though expensive in this part of town. NE Richardson has huge Breckenridge park where they shoot of fireworks during the 4th of July. I can actually it watch from back of my apartment

You can get an older house in Richardson for 200k. If you want new affordable houses around 200k you might need to go to Murphy, Wylie area. Newer houses in NE area are around 300k-500k.

They are also building up some new urban center type development near Galatyn Park, if you interested in living in type of housing.

Also, Richardson is service by AT&T (so no Verizon Fios fiber ) and Time Warner Cable.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:41 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,218,387 times
Richardson has a great parks, a wonderful library system, and several nice community events. The schools are good, it's very diverse, and it has great highway access. 190 and 75 both run through the city, and I believe 635 either clips or barely misses the city.

There are huge brand new homes in gated subdivisions, and there are small to medium sized homes that are 50 years old or more and everything in between.

If you are a foodie, Richardson is to die for. You can get just about any kind of food in Richardson, Vietnamese, Korean, Indian you name it. There are two really nice natural/organic food stores at the intersection of Coit and Campbell. There is also a Tom Thumb on that corner, they straddle the line between gourmet and typical grocery store. Up the road in Plano on Coit and 190 is Central Market, which is gourmet heaven. Central Market will impress even the biggest food snobs. Of course for day to day stuff they do have Albertsons, Kroger, and Walmart.

It's a pretty quiet place, very family friendly.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:58 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,366,590 times
Thank you everyone,great to know ,that they have all types of food, we lived in NY for about 3 yrs and were spoiled when it came to food. Oh and being a New Mexico native I am sure i can find spicy food in Texas. Good to know that it is family friendly, thank you you all again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas