Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:48 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
Well, y'all know that I am trying to sell my house up here in Pittsburgh so I can start my life in Austin, Texas. The problem is that it isn't selling...been on the market for close to 5 weeks. As for me, I am going through "Lone Star State withdrawal", so I've decided to take my friend, Bellestaroftexas, up on her offer to "c'mon down!"

I am taking a small trip to Belle's neck of the woods in late September. We are going to play chicken **** bingo at Ginny's Little Longhorn in Austin on Sept 28th if anyone is interested in joining 2 crazy RN's for some beers and bingo!

This trip will tide me over until I can move down!
Hang in there. The market has slowed down in many areas, and it's just going to take some time, but it will eventually sell!

We want every detail of your foray into the great Lone Star State!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 12:33 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destin04 View Post
After reading this .....my life is boring!
C'mon out to Ginny's and join us for some chicken sh*t bingo and beers!

Old 09-06-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Well, by durn, if I can manage it, I would be right pleased to join you ladies and the rest of the Texas bunch!
I really hope you can make it--would love to meet you! To quote yourself...I'm gonna be in "high cotton" from 9/25-9/29!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 09-06-2008 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-06-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Hang in there. The market has slowed down in many areas, and it's just going to take some time, but it will eventually sell!

We want every detail of your foray into the great Lone Star State!! LOL!!
I will do a trip report either from Texas on Belle's computer or I'll do it when I get home! Maybe Belle and I will just report on here day to day about our shenanigans!

I'm really looking forward to a few things...

1. Meeting Belle and any other C-D posters that decide to come out w/us.
2. Chicken sh*t bingo and hearing my favorite Texan musician, Dale Watson.
3. Cowboy church on Sunday morning.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:55 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,376,939 times
as long as she dont die laughing at staying in a "wobbly box" in the sticks, and settin on the front porch watching my toothless neighbor smokin a corn cob pipe and drinkin moon shine ha ha...oh wait, she has one tooth. (i aint kidding)

Quote:
I will do a trip report either from Texas on Belle's computer or I'll do it when I get home! Maybe Belle and I will just report on here day to day about our shenanigans!

I'm really looking forward to a few things...

1. Meeting Belle and any other C-D posters that decide to come out w/us.
2. Chicken sh*t bingo and hearing my favorite Texan musician, Dale Watson.
3. Cowboy church on Sunday morning.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
as long as she dont die laughing at staying in a "wobbly box" in the sticks, and settin on the front porch watching my toothless neighbor smokin a corn cob pipe and drinkin moon shine ha ha...oh wait, she has one tooth. (i aint kidding)
I'm fixin' to take some pictures of your neighbor! Do ya think she'd mind?
And don't y'all believe Belle when she talks about her "wobbly box". It's nice...she sent me pictures! It is out in the sticks though!

Hey Belle, I just thought of something....once they find out you're a nurse, they are all going to be knocking on your door asking how to heal their aches and pains!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 01:21 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,376,939 times
that happens everywhere nurses live, dont it?
i wish i were a dentist, so i could extract that one tooth from my neighbor-i cant see how one tooth is useful in any way, you cant even pop a top off a longneck with one tooth!

Quote:
I'm fixin' to take some pictures of your neighbor! Do ya think she'd mind?
And don't y'all believe Belle when she talks about her "wobbly box". It's nice...she sent me pictures! It is out in the sticks though!

Hey Belle, I just thought of something....once they find out you're a nurse, they are all going to be knocking on your door asking how to heal their aches and pains!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
that happens everywhere nurses live, dont it?
i wish i were a dentist, so i could extract that one tooth from my neighbor-i cant see how one tooth is useful in any way, you cant even pop a top off a longneck with one tooth!
You are CRAZY! We could offer to pull it for her. I'll tie the fishing line around the tooth and hook the other end to your truck bumper. You hop in your truck and hit the gas!

Old 09-06-2008, 09:46 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
I'll have to check my calendar, unless you can tell me now what day the 28th is. I was just telling my husband to "please, please, please lets go out and do something". If I plan far enough ahead, I may be able to get my sister or neighbor to watch my daughter for us. His best friend has been to CS bingo numerous times and always tells him how much fun it is, so I doubt it'd be a hard sell His friend does say you can't always depend on the chicken to S*** on your numbers but I bet if we all could dose up the chicken it would sure help

Old 09-06-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I'll have to check my calendar, unless you can tell me now what day the 28th is. I was just telling my husband to "please, please, please lets go out and do something". If I plan far enough ahead, I may be able to get my sister or neighbor to watch my daughter for us. His best friend has been to CS bingo numerous times and always tells him how much fun it is, so I doubt it'd be a hard sell His friend does say you can't always depend on the chicken to S*** on your numbers but I bet if we all could dose up the chicken it would sure help
The 28th is on a Sunday. Chicken sh*t bingo is always on Sundays at Ginny's from 4P-8P. I usually get there early though because it gets packed and it's a small place. I try to be there around 3-3:30 p at the latest. If Belle and I have a rough estimate for a head count, we'll try to save tables. Be forewarned--the place is small! But it's tons of fun! I bet one of us C-D.com posters would win!! They play "bingo" 3 times within that time frame...so you have 3 chances to win. The tickets are $2.00. They usually let you only buy 1 ticket though for each game so everyone gets a fair chance at winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: