Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:32 PM

100 posts, read 444,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
That's just intuition in general. I can handle getting down just about anywhere in Houston but I was off I-5 somewhere near 1st street or so in Los Angeles, and I got that same vibe. Time to get the F out.
No doubt, no doubt lol.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,051,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
How are they being too strict? If these people that go to clubs and shoot up the place and these kids in schools wouldn't act like hooligan's, than the city and school district wouldn't have to take such drastic measures.

I think the city AND the school district are fed up with these fools that can't act right, that is why they are being so "strict" as you say. I don't blame them, but at the same time, it spoils it for everyone that can act right.

What would you do?
No one has ever shot up Legacy......

I doubt building a fence around the campus is going to stop the kids from skipping. It'll make the problem even worse actually, the school's student body will drop and it won't even matter anymore.

Of course you'd agree because your not the one having to deal with. Losing off campus privileges, not being able to wear what you want,etc

Kids finally arrive to high school expecting so much more freedom and privileges, but what they get is a damn prison system.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:22 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,601,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
No one has ever shot up Legacy......

I doubt building a fence around the campus is going to stop the kids from skipping. It'll make the problem even worse actually, the school's student body will drop and it won't even matter anymore.

Of course you'd agree because your not the one having to deal with. Losing off campus privileges, not being able to wear what you want,etc

Kids finally arrive to high school expecting so much more freedom and privileges, but what they get is a damn prison system.
Did I specifically SAY Legacy got shot up? NO I didn't....I was using what I said as a figure of speech. You OBVIOUSLY didn't get it!

What makes you think a fence is going to cause them to skip? They are going to skip whether there is a 40ft wall, a moat or nothing at all. Their parents need to be encouraging them to go to school and stay there.

Your right I DON'T have to deal with it, I graduated in 1990, but MY tax dollars fund WISD so in a way, YES I do have to deal with it.

"Losing campus privileges, not being able to wear what you want, etc"???? Privileges are EARNED, not entitled! They can wear what THEY want on their time, AFTER School. They are at school to learn, not a fashion show!

They arrive at school EXPECTING freedom and privileges?? AGAIN, privileges are EARNED, and they can have as much freedom as they want AFTER they graduate and the tax payers aren't footing the bill for THEIR education. Prison system? LOL!! I guess WISD figures most of them will end up in prison anyway, so they might as well get them prepared for it.

Kids are in school to LEARN and prepare them for the "real world". Considering a good portion of the high school students at Waco High will end up in prison, on welfare, etc., does it really matter what measures WISD does to help? MOST of the problems with the students start at HOME, not when they walk in school.

It's funny, you don't hear about the problems they have at Waco schools at the other school districts in McLennan County, might tell ya something.

And you FAILED to answer my question..........."WHAT WOULD YOU DO?"

Last edited by TXTwizter; 06-12-2009 at 09:31 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 AM

185 posts, read 461,480 times
I've been around dangerous situations in Dallas(seen guys held at gunpoint behind my apartments in the alley), and in Houston there are tons of areas where you can get skanked real easy and no one would ever know till morning, and down here in the Valley the violence and danger is very very closely related to how involved you are with the Drug & Smuggling trade, in Laredo I'm sure is very similar to the Valley, and I dont think anyone has mentioned San Antonios East side, where all the hood activity is very easy to see, there is some crazy mofos over there for sure. I'd like to see some of you tough forum writers stroll around there at night, hahaha.

In Austin, I went all around there when I lived there, but didnt see nothing dangerous. Pretty clean town if you ask me, expensive though.

All in all, anytown can be very dangerous, you just have to come across the dangerous ones who happen to live there, and not offend them, or offer them an oppurtunity to do danger to you.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Did I specifically SAY Legacy got shot up? NO I didn't....I was using what I said as a figure of speech. You OBVIOUSLY didn't get it!

What makes you think a fence is going to cause them to skip? They are going to skip whether there is a 40ft wall, a moat or nothing at all. Their parents need to be encouraging them to go to school and stay there.

Your right I DON'T have to deal with it, I graduated in 1990, but MY tax dollars fund WISD so in a way, YES I do have to deal with it.

"Losing campus privileges, not being able to wear what you want, etc"???? Privileges are EARNED, not entitled! They can wear what THEY want on their time, AFTER School. They are at school to learn, not a fashion show!

They arrive at school EXPECTING freedom and privileges?? AGAIN, privileges are EARNED, and they can have as much freedom as they want AFTER they graduate and the tax payers aren't footing the bill for THEIR education. Prison system? LOL!! I guess WISD figures most of them will end up in prison anyway, so they might as well get them prepared for it.

Kids are in school to LEARN and prepare them for the "real world". Considering a good portion of the high school students at Waco High will end up in prison, on welfare, etc., does it really matter what measures WISD does to help? MOST of the problems with the students start at HOME, not when they walk in school.

It's funny, you don't hear about the problems they have at Waco schools at the other school districts in McLennan County, might tell ya something.

And you FAILED to answer my question..........."WHAT WOULD YOU DO?"
smh, too many of you live in Waco.

How about actually researching crap before you start popping off about stuff you don't even know about. The problem with Legacy was they lacked security. The school situation isn't only a problem at Waco schools; You've obviously never been out to China Spring or La Vega because they are not any better when it comes to skipping class.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,601,635 times
Quote:
How about actually researching crap before you start popping off about stuff you don't even know about.
Huh? You do it ALL the time.......Practice what you preach!

Again you keep avoiding my question....WHAT WOULD YOU DO? You don't have any good answers or else would have answered the question instead of trying to change the subject.

Last edited by TXTwizter; 06-12-2009 at 10:33 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 02:17 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,008,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Solis View Post
In Austin, I went all around there when I lived there, but didnt see nothing dangerous. Pretty clean town if you ask me, expensive though.
Austin has a high rate of assaults and rapes. Just not murders. I personally know several people who have been mugged and assaulted in downtown Austin to the point where they had to go to the hospital, but didn't die. You won't hear about these in the news like you will mostly the thug-on-thug murders in Dallas and Houston.

But there was a recent news story where a guy died from one of these assaults in Austin, after he suffered head injuries from being thrown to the ground.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Huh? You do it ALL the time.......Practice what you preach!

Again you keep avoiding my question....WHAT WOULD YOU DO? You don't have any good answers or else would have answered the question instead of trying to change the subject.
I did answer the question....enforce security!

Old 06-12-2009, 06:09 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,291,579 times
Quote:
smh, too many of you live in Waco.

How about actually researching crap before you start popping off about stuff you don't even know about. The problem with Legacy was they lacked security. The school situation isn't only a problem at Waco schools; You've obviously never been out to China Spring or La Vega because they are not any better when it comes to skipping class.
Your right the problem starts at home at Waco Schools, I graduated 2001 and the time of teachers fighting students and having sex with them sometimes its whos teaching your students as well, but when I was there I didnt worry about all that I would leave and come as I please no questions ask.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,291,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
My grandmother lives in Waco. Waco like any city has its problems. East Waco has a problem with gangs and viloence. I dont know thats its really any worse than most other places though.
Not really gangs more or less drug related violence ($$$) in East Waco, Im born and bread from those parts I know the people and seen it from when I was little until I moved away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas