Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 09:32 AM

76 posts, read 87,882 times

Advertisements

I swear to God this stuff was custom-made for a movie on the Lifetime channel.

I heard this gunfight erupted over two rival gangs competing for parking spaces for their stupid motorbikes at the Twin Peaks restaurant? Sorry I know people died from this, but that is funny! This is exactly the kind of scene I'd expect in that hilarious "Wild Hogs" movie a few years back with Travolta and Martin Lawrence.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:51 AM

336 posts, read 442,171 times
The whole thing is stupid, and now they are trying to pass open carry in the state, is this a good idea? I think not!

Old 05-19-2015, 09:54 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times
I don't think funny applies here. A much more appropriate adjective IMO is stupid and not just stupid, but over-the-top plain stupid.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
I don't think funny applies here. A much more appropriate adjective IMO is stupid and not just stupid, but over-the-top plain stupid.
I realize I don't have any family or friends who were killed in this shootout --- but I keep hearing this whole mess started because some scruffy biker got his foot run over by a rival biker? I'm also hearing the shooting started because some bikers got better parking spaces than the rival gang at the Twin Peaks bar?

Sorry but that IS funny to an outsider like me. This is the kind of thing you'd see in a Mel Brooks movie if he ever made a comedy film about bikers.

"Hey Tex, you ran over my foot with your bike --- now prepare to die, Holmes!"

Old 05-19-2015, 10:40 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,567,158 times
Umm. Yeah.. Not very funny. I'm glad an "outsider" can find humor in others misfortune..

Old 05-19-2015, 04:36 PM

336 posts, read 442,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
I realize I don't have any family or friends who were killed in this shootout --- but I keep hearing this whole mess started because some scruffy biker got his foot run over by a rival biker? I'm also hearing the shooting started because some bikers got better parking spaces than the rival gang at the Twin Peaks bar?

Sorry but that IS funny to an outsider like me. This is the kind of thing you'd see in a Mel Brooks movie if he ever made a comedy film about bikers.

Lol, actually that is funny haha

Old 05-19-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Umm. Yeah.. Not very funny. I'm glad an "outsider" can find humor in others misfortune..
You must be a lieutenant with the PC Police --- you live a sad life!

Old 05-19-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Lol, actually that is funny haha
Some biker's cell phone had to be recording this event as it happened --- trust me, it's gonna be funny when it gets released:

"Hey Holmes, I always park my Harley at this spot at the Waco boob bar Twin Peaks --- so get outta my space or I'm gonna bust a cap in that azz, Holmes!"

Old 05-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,123,272 times
Quote:
I keep hearing this whole mess started because some scruffy biker got his foot run over by a rival biker? I'm also hearing the shooting started because some bikers got better parking spaces than the rival gang at the Twin Peaks bar?
Not quite.

Bandidos vs. Cossacks: Was biker shootout over territory? - CNN.com

This is what the media is saying around here. The dispute centered on whether the upstart gang had the "right" to wear patches showing the state of Texas on their vests, since apparently the patches signify a claim on the territory.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:02 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times
Quote:

I understand what you're saying and the term funny could work as in a weird, bizarre way, but you have to remember, it's not a movie, it's real life (and death).

If you had been with your family eating in the Don Carlos restaurant next door and a stray bullet came through a window and hit your child in the head right before your eyes, I don't think you would think it too funny then (regardless of how stupid the circumstances were that started the brawl).

Police had their lives on the line in this situation. Innocent by-standers could have been shot. So while you might say the incident was funny in as in a strange happening way, I fail to see how it could be considered funny in a ha-ha, Mel Brooks way.

These bikers want to play bad-a**es, fine. Go congregate in a empty sand/gravel pit and get the big bad boy rumble on. No one cares and hell, some might even donate ammo for the occasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas