Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 06:50 PM

437 posts, read 2,238,992 times

Advertisements

True or False

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my search for places in East Texas I ran acrossed this post from another forum. Now, I don't know if its true or not, that is why I am posting it. These are the areas I found that I wanted to move. So you tell me. Should I and is this true?

CheroKKKee County
|Flag for Review Jun 16, 2006
It's good too see that Smith County is cracking down; why don't they move down south to that corrupt cesspool in CheroKKKee County and start cracking down on the narcotics sold in Precinct 3 while Elmer Beckworth says he's "investigating the misuse of county property..."
Since when is drug dealing out of the Troup city hall, New Summerfield constables office and out of the Rusk jail (all in Cherokee Co.) a "misuse."
Constable Thompson, Pct. 3 and Commissioner Moody Glass, Jr. are just two more examples in Cherokkkee Co. where law enforcement that are buddies with the DA can get away with anything.
Look at what the Alto PD did to a John Brown, a black man in Weeping Mary. They beat the brother down and broke his ankle. Those redknecks were 15 **** miles out their jurisdiction. Of course Beckworth tells the media that Mr. Brown, evaded arrest.
EVADED ARREST with a broken ankle on his front porch.
It's beat the black people down month in that sorry piece of crap county.

Oh my God, did I start this war with this topic I put up here? I am so sorry. We were talking about East Texas.

I am really sad to see this going on. Can we please get back to what it is like to live in East Texas and stop the war. Everyone here are such great people. Bob, Lifer have shared so much of what they know with us. You couldn't find any of this in a book.

I didn't know Lifer was a man. hehe

Old 09-06-2006, 09:41 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer8 View Post
I really feel a need to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong... I know. I'm asking for it. I have gotten so very much good information from BobTex and LiferTexan here on this site. Though ironically, at times their opinions differ quite radically.
As an observer, I have thought the very opposite of LiferTexan... Which is, he is incredibly fair minded and uniquely focused. I'm sure I'm in a no win situation because of my neglect to pick sides, only because these two men seem to have so very much to offer... not because I am EVER middle of the road. Way too opinionated actually.

Look, I was just teaching my kids that Ben Franklin was such an asset to the development and ultimate success of our nation... faults and all. Not only did he pretty much desert his wife and offspring...he was a bit of a womanizer... Yet, he was a great leader... We could give so very many examples of great people who- of course- were not (are not ) perfect- but they are still great, none-the-less.

O.K. - So "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Nobody here is perfect. I, personally have learned a lot and become a great deal more interested in this topic by reading your (Lifer and Bob) debate.

You know, I often watch debates (political and otherwise) and often, it is hard to feel like one person has ALL the answers or good points.

CA2TX, It seems as though you don't need any posts to reply to, as you are so enthralled with your own "flair for the written word". Your arguments seem to suffer from such lacunae. ... You say,"...small, scared, selfish minds...". Is that not an attack?

I'm trying not to be accusitory... as, once again, I am not perfect.

LiferTexan... If I were voting as a result of this debate, you have won my vote on this one...
Now mind you, I am not choosing sides for the better man as I know neither and have only had the fortunate opprotunity to correspond with both.
BobTex, you are such an incredible character and so very knowledgeable Texan... I guess you won't want to give me any more advice cuz of my big mouth.
Dang. Really- I will be losing a very good contact.

I have such a problem with staying out of it when I feel things have become unjust. - The assault on Lifer was just not fair in the end....I'm sure he could take care of himself, but if I were in his position... I would hope for some fearless support. So there.
I guess I'm getting ready to be chewed-up and spit out. YUK.

__________________________________________________ ______________

No way Pioneer....you read me wrong. I have no reason to not speak to you in a friendly or courteous manner. You have not impuned the reputation of me or my friends and neighbors. If you see Lifer in the manner as you do good for you. You are not alone I'm sure. I also have read some of his/her posts that are very well written with good info. But he/she has crossed multiple persons here with flippant and accusatory remarks. Also this has happened in multiple threads. On many internet boards this bickering is the rule and the only way to stop it is by banning folks.

I don't choose friends because they are friends of my friends nor enemies because they are enemies of my enemies. Each is judged on their own merit in my book. You have been nothing but neighborly here. I have nothing else to say about this.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas