Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:50 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,764,488 times

Advertisements

Hello!
have you had a great Halloween?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 11:04 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
Hi TexasGirl@Heart!

Nice to meet you

It's right. There is nothing like pizza

In USA..pizza hut is good but, yes, it's very different from our Italian pizza.

and you? what's you favorite Texan food?

In texas..I remeber to have had a good lunch, when I was to Amarillo at Big texan.

Do you know it?
And did you take them up on their challenge to eat the giant steak and all the trimmings? LOL!!!

My mom and sister said that there was no comparison between real European Italian food and what passes for Italian food in the states. I've never eaten at a good so-called Italian restaurant in the US. I thought pizza was an American invention...I guess not, LOL! Does the real Italian pizza bear any resemblance at all to American pizza?

Old 11-01-2008, 12:04 PM

I tasted a simple steak, not giant

About Italian food, yes, for me it's the best and it's different if you eat Italian food there and here in Italy.

I like American food also

Old 11-01-2008, 12:53 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Quote:
Is it great El Paso?
When I was in Texas, I had not seen El Paso because it's very far from my other destination.

Are you live in a desert city?
Yes El Paso is a Desert City.. today it is a nice 79 degrees, last night it was a warm 72 so the kids had a nice Halloween. El Paso is very disconnected with the rest of its state.. one of the reasons some like it and I don't.. I like being connected and the ability to explore other cities near by.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:04 PM

779 posts, read 2,246,271 times
Quote:
I tasted a simple steak, not giant

About Italian food, yes, for me it's the best and it's different if you eat Italian food there and here in Italy.

I like American food also
All I can say is that spaghetti is the greatest Italian food that I have ever eaten. Put extra meat sauce on top along with some Parmesan cheese and you've got yourself a nice dinner.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
All I can say is that spaghetti is the greatest Italian food that I have ever eaten. Put extra meat sauce on top along with some Parmesan cheese and you've got yourself a nice dinner.
Oh yeah!!!Spaghetti is very good! There are a lot of type of toppings fo spaghetti.
You must going there in Italy to taste a sound good!

Have a great day!

Old 11-02-2008, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Yes El Paso is a Desert City.. today it is a nice 79 degrees, last night it was a warm 72 so the kids had a nice Halloween. El Paso is very disconnected with the rest of its state.. one of the reasons some like it and I don't.. I like being connected and the ability to explore other cities near by.
Oh..it's very warm!!!

Yes, next year, when I was to Texas, I want going to El Paso but it's very, very far to do by car.
I have seen the possibility to go there by plane but it was very expensive.

What has been the costume of your kids?

here..me and my hubby

Have a great Sunday!

Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Minniemouse...I'm surprised you didn't dress up as your log in name!! Also, I thought Italians didn't celebrate Halloween. You both look adorable.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Is it a great city?
Pittsburgh is a GREAT city, but just too cold for me. We get a lot of snow in the Winter. It is 30 degrees F at night and 40's during the day right now. No snow yet, but it will soon be here. I love warm weather, one of the BIG reasons why I'm moving to Texas.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I thought pizza was an American invention...I guess not, LOL! Does the real Italian pizza bear any resemblance at all to American pizza?
The Italian pizza resembles the American pizza but tastes SO MUCH better. They use fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese on their pizzas and all fresh ingredients--nothing canned or processed. Fresh salami (pepperoni), artichokes, mushrooms, peppers.... Their sauce is out of this world--molto bueno! (very good). And they are all made in one of those big ovens with the fire underneath...no electrical conveyer belt like here! Oh my gosh...I am really missing Italy right now. Their crust is different too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas