Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 07:23 AM

38 posts, read 95,937 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]It was 72 degrees out, Sunny, low humidity, let’s go downtown!
Beautiful San Antonio Texas has to be one of the top friendly, safe cities in the nation.
We love going downtown here, yesterday we went shopping for some new T-Shirts. A tourist town has no shortage of T-shirt shops, but I wanted a really nice one, so we dropped in at the Hard Rock Café. You want T-shirts, they have T-shirts! We picked out one for me, my wife passed on the selection.
We then wandered down the street when I saw Coyote Ugly, the bar they made a movie about. Actually, we heard it before we saw it, pretty loud music. I hoped it would be quieter well inside the entry…it wasn’t. It was dangerously loud. We backed out, I told Sue I wanted to keep what little hearing I had left. No T-Shirt from there….
We walked around a corner onto Houston street, quieter, pleasant music greeted us, we had stumbled on a street fair!
As we got closer, we smelled all the various food cooking, the Mesquite smoked shrimp and Kabobs, cooking corn, the funnel cakes, yum yum….
The funnel cakes were cooked in Peanut oil, and they had a big scoop of Strawberries on it, just looked irresistible…..we resisted. I did succumb to the smoked sausage on a tortilla shell, super tasty. We visited the beer vendor as well.
There were so many vendors with jewelry, pottery, art, we bought a kitty coat from one vendor, our Rowdy cat is always cold, we introduced him to his new Texas Longhorn coat, he liked it.
A new band started playing, it was a family. Mom and Dad, a pretty 15 year old girl was playing the guitar and singing, her 21 year old brother also on the guitar. We sat and listened to them for the 45 minutes or so they played, we will see them become famous if there is any justice in the world.
Here are a few pictures, enjoy the fair!
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]http://tiny.cc/Fair210[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 10:02 AM

2 posts, read 5,105 times
Id like to add to this thread. I'm writing on behalf of MsChocolatier who happens to be my mom. She is a vendor at the street fair. She sells chocolates and other candy desserts.

If anyone is reading this its a free to attend the street fair so try to plan it around your visit if you stop by San Antonio. The music is great and so is the food. Its not hard to miss. If you can find the Alamo you can find the street fair. They have it every saturday of the end of the month. Better yet google houston street fair and the site gives you the dates when they have the festival.

Its a good way to find something you would not normally find at the riverwalk.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:03 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,891,396 times
I'm sorry to inform you that you do not eat funnel cake with a fork!!!! It is not good unless you rip it with your hands and get goo all over your face and drip powder sugar on your clothes. the kids like it better that way also. so now you have to come back to SA and enjoy the monthly Houston Street Fair again. I live here and make it a ritual to go. the entertainment is always first rate and ameteur. thanks for posting great pictures and letting everyone know what a jewel we have.
Come back and enjoy it again.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:18 PM

592 posts, read 2,025,262 times
I have been a few times. I love the original thing people make. We bought honey from this lady that has a bee farm. Great Stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: