Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:34 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,380,632 times

Advertisements

To give those who frequent this forum trying to get a "feel" for what Texas, and/or certain parts of Texas are like, I am starting this thread where we can share "glimpses" of our every day life around us, the geography/landscape, culture, wildlife, weather, people etc.

For instance, I start this thread with random pics of my commute home.
Most of my commute is on-post (Ft Hood), so I drive almost a half hour through tank trails, wide open cattle range with cattle guards. Here are some pics I took this afternoon:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 06:44 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,411,337 times
Nice idea and great thread. Awesome photo's. Maybe I will participate in this thread.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:53 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Those are great pics, Belle!!!!

I don't want to be a wet blanket but be careful of what y'all post. Everything here shows up front and center on the worldwide web and pics can be taken and co-opted for other purposes. This happened to me on another site so I am very skittish about posting personal photos on forums or websites now. Just a caution!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:56 PM

thanks teatime, but it's not like i would win awards for these pics. i am not a professional photographer, or make money off my photos....so i dont mind if anyone steals them...or uses them for any purpose they wish to, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Those are great pics, Belle!!!!

I don't want to be a wet blanket but be careful of what y'all post. Everything here shows up front and center on the worldwide web and pics can be taken and co-opted for other purposes. This happened to me on another site so I am very skittish about posting personal photos on forums or websites now. Just a caution!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
thanks teatime, but it's not like i would win awards for these pics. i am not a professional photographer, or make money off my photos....so i dont mind if anyone steals them...or uses them for any purpose they wish to, ya know?
Just don't post any pics of yourself or loved ones cuz that can be risky. I had some jackass steal one of my vacation pics, doctor it up, and send it to other people, one of whom told me about it. At least I found out -- oftentimes, people never know!!!! These websites aren't secure at all.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:03 PM

i will definitely heed your advice from now on...i might even make my MySpace private!

Quote:
Just don't post any pics of yourself or loved ones cuz that can be risky. I had some jackass steal one of my vacation pics, doctor it up, and send it to other people, one of whom told me about it. At least I found out -- oftentimes, people never know!!!! These websites aren't secure at all.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,104 times
Google is a very scary website because of this. Amazing what you can find.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:28 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
Quote:
I'm just curious. What was the point of doctoring up your pic and sending it to others?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:18 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,632,596 times
No family in this one. 2Taken last fall on Sam Rayburn Reservoir:

I'll try to make mine from around my home.

Outside my bedroom here in the Big Thicket area:

Last edited by BobTex; 11-03-2008 at 10:05 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I'm just curious. What was the point of doctoring up your pic and sending it to others?
To make fun of my disability. Granted, the person who did it has serious mental health issues and the site moderators hammered him over it but, still, it woke me up. And now I'm warning folks about what could happen. I think we get a bit complacent on the web.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas