Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:23 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
They wont, but I can. Forum Troll. ( look at the rep score )

Could be a troll.

Also could be someone voicing an opinion about the utter inaneness regarding some of the posts in this 'Texas' forum, including the OP.

It's cool by me though. Everyone should have the right to embarass themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 09:50 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,953,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Could be a troll.

Also could be someone voicing an opinion about the utter inane regarding some of the posts in this 'Texas' forum, including the OP.

It's cool by me though. Everyone should have the right to embarrass themselves.
I agree, just like you and the person above you just did.. CONGRATS!

Also a thing about rights.. This is the internet.. not the USA, not RUSSIA, not China, but rather the internet.. the only rights here are the ones the Admin, and his Moderators give us. If they decided that this was a OBAMA only discussion zone.. and you started a discussion on McCain, they could ban you with out question. So please spare us on what rights you think we have, should have or don't have.

On the topic about the original post, I find it quite interesting.. what counties voted what way. I don't always agree with Belle.. like on Corpus as an example.. but I am not gonna make an as of myself attacking her at every opportunity.. that would just be juvenile, don't you think? Everyone here has to quit taking everything so personally.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:13 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Quote:
I agree, just like you and the person above you just did.. CONGRATS!

Also a thing about rights.. This is the internet.. not the USA, not RUSSIA, not China, but rather the internet.. the only rights here are the ones the Admin, and his Moderators give us. If they decided that this was a OBAMA only discussion zone.. and you started a discussion on McCain, they could ban you with out question. So please spare us on what rights you think we have, should have or don't have.

No dictation here bro. I'm open to almost anything you want to do/believe, as long as you're not jeopardizing my family's well-being. And this forum definitely doesn't jeopardize anything. However I'll call to the carpet whatever I can in here and IRL. If you're looking for sugar-coating and fake optimism, look elsewhere.

The fact is that except for a few respectable & intelligent posters (e.g. TexasReb, who is excellent), this 'Texas' forum is for the birds, as represented by this inane and utterly embarassing OP. Though I will say it's a pretty accurate representation of small-town Texas, which you and yours can have. It reminds me of why I moved away from it and will never go back. There's nothing inherently wrong with it... it's just not for me.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:35 PM

I happen to live in a city with over 600 thousand people, next door, and I mean just across a bridge there are 3 million people.. so I am far from small town Texas. I am not looking for anything other than a little civility. You can tell who you like and do not like.. by the tone of your message. I can see there is no love loss between you and Belle, but that does not mean you should look at every post she makes and attack her at every whim. That is what I mean by Taking it too personally.. I have my little stalker too. Ocean, loves to follow me around the forums making commits on my post.

Yes TexasReb has his moments.. I really like when he gets kinda Raciest and starts his Rebel flag chatter.. gets every one riled. On the other hand he and I have come to be civil to one another, maybe even friends in some aspect. I do enjoy his Food topics. Just as I like Belle's Red County post.

I will also note I am not sticking up for Belle, she is a big girl, quite capable of taking care of herself. But rather since you dont live in Texas any longer, why come here and hang out? You just said we can have it and you'll never come back.. but until you leave this forum and dont look back, you have really never left. So I guess if you mean what you say.. this will be the last we hear from you in this forum.. right? Let us have it and be gone.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,380,632 times
I am quite happy living where I am presently, and love my job. If I ever get that worried, sure I will, and you can bet that this NRA member will bring all my guns and ammo.
I simply don't understand why a post asking what counties are most "red" could upset you so much that you would post with such a negative tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJB817 View Post
Why dont you just move to Oklahoma that way we dont have to read your ridiculous posts in the TX forum. My two cents !!!!!

I rep'ed that post.

Sorry Bell, but the sky ain't falling. If you're that worried it is, move up to one of those 92% red counties with a population of about 15 with all your guns and ammo for when the commies try coming after you. Sheesh....

Old 11-08-2008, 05:12 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Texas has notoriously voted "RED" throughout history! Why is that surprising to anyone? It's just not "small town Texas" that voted for McCain--lots of other counties voted for him as well. I think the smattering of "BLUE" votes came from Dems that have relocated to Texas for one reason or another. I would like to know the percentage of "native" Texans who voted for Obama.

As for my state, I'm surprised it went "BLUE." It notoriously votes "RED."

I think that the nation (I will probably get flamed for this! ) is so sick of the past 8 years of Bush politics. (I voted for him both times!, but I am sick of the past 8 years as well). This was an election with a VOICE! Remove the Republicans! It was also an election of RACE, no matter who wants to deny it! There were over 14 million NEW REGISTERED voters for this election!

If anyone is wondering who I voted for, I voted for my party--McCain. I think his running mate hurt him. She was an idiot. I went back and forth for days on whether to vote for him or not because of Palin!

Remember Belle, this nation still has a checks and balance system. Obama cannot get TOO left wing!

So there's my

Old 11-08-2008, 06:45 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Texas has notoriously voted "RED" throughout history! Why is that surprising to anyone? It's just not "small town Texas" that voted for McCain--lots of other counties voted for him as well. I think the smattering of "BLUE" votes came from Dems that have relocated to Texas for one reason or another. I would like to know the percentage of "native" Texans who voted for Obama.
Unfortunately, I know many native Texans who voted for Obama mainly because they're so worried about their money. I doubt the blue votes came from that many relocaters, but who knows? Nevertheless, there were a lot of Texans voting blue, but not enough to change the state from red.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:39 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times
Quote:
2008 Texas presidential election results (http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/interactive_sm/11/2008_texaselection.html - broken link)

There ya go Belle.. mouse over each county to see the percentage.
That's pretty . dfwVotes 2008 | Star-Telegram.com also had a similar map, which I screen shot and posted in C-D elsewhere.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:11 AM

Thats a good map as well Beowulf.

( note the mods have been warning about posting images that you do not own. Copy right issues. ) Maybe remove the image and just keep the link.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:16 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Texas has notoriously voted "RED" throughout history!
What's your definition of "red", and what's your definition of "history"?

Within my lifetime, Texas was known as a "Yellow Dog Democrat" state (parenthetically, I HATE the term "blue dog democrat" that I see thrown around online - the original actually has a meaning, as in "He'd vote for a yellow dog if it was a democrat"). While acknowledging that I'm older than dirt, I certainly hope I'm not old enough to be considered historical!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas