Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:21 PM

779 posts, read 2,246,271 times

Advertisements

I am thankful for:

My job that I work at.
The school I attend which complements my job.
The car I drive.
My friends and family.
The roof over my head.
My projected plan to move to Texas after graduating college.
And last, but definitely not least, Jesus Christ for coming into my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 05:58 PM

52,683 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Default Thank God For Miracles

Thanks, CC and autotech, for mentioning faith. I'm also thankful for faith in a great big God, not to mention a great church home where I worship every week. You know, folks, my life is an absolute miracle. Blessings are counted each day for me to go from a situation where the doctors didn't think I could live a normal life because I was diagnosed with autism at age 4 (I was born that way) to my situation today with hard work and determination to rise above it, that isn't just a blessing to be thankful for, it's a miracle!

And I'm even more thankful that I still live in a magnificent state which, while already big, seems to get bigger and better all the time! Hook 'em Horns, and go Texas!!

Old 11-11-2008, 06:12 PM

779 posts, read 2,246,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Thanks, CC and autotech, for mentioning faith. I'm also thankful for faith in a great big God, not to mention a great church home where I worship every week. You know, folks, my life is an absolute miracle. Blessings are counted each day for me to go from a situation where the doctors didn't think I could live a normal life because I was diagnosed with autism at age 4 (I was born that way) to my situation today with hard work and determination to rise above it, that isn't just a blessing to be thankful for, it's a miracle!

And I'm even more thankful that I still live in a magnificent state which, while already big, seems to get bigger and better all the time! Hook 'em Horns, and go Texas!!

You are truly a trooper and I commend you for your fight with autism. Your positive attitude will take you a long way and God will continue to sanctify all of your needs.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:37 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
I'm thankful for my family and friends and to live in the greatest country in the world where we enjoy our freedoms every day thanks to our soldiers and veterans. I'm especially thankful that I live in the great state of Texas where it is almost the middle of November and I'm sitting in my living room in a tank top and shorts with the windows open, that last month my electric bill (2300 sq. ft. home is totally electric) was only $50.30, woohoo! how great is that! Of course, with the perfect weather we've been having, I've not had to run the A/C or heat. Just great weather! I'm thankful I can live outside of town where I can have cows and horses and little bit of breathing space. It is a nice life and I thank God every day for being for fortunate.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:52 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
Quote:

That's fantastic you have totally risen above autism. I've worked with kids with this, and they are some of the coolest kids I've ever met. May God always keep you safe and continue to richly bless your life. Wow, when life gets me down, I don't know what I'd do without knowing Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I doubt I'd make it without my faith in Him, and I thank Him every day for choosing me to be part of the family of God.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
That's fantastic you have totally risen above autism. I've worked with kids with this, and they are some of the coolest kids I've ever met. May God always keep you safe and continue to richly bless your life. Wow, when life gets me down, I don't know what I'd do without knowing Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I doubt I'd make it without my faith in Him, and I thank Him every day for choosing me to be part of the family of God.
I won't ever completely conquer it, because autism will always be there. It was about increased awareness. Thanks for the good words.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:18 AM

Default Lending A Hand

What are you thankful for this season?? Let us know right here.

Another thing I'm thankful for the impact that I'm able to have to another person's life through the auspices of City-Data. Occasionally, I'm given the opportunity, along with others here, when somebody needs something or has a question or just needs help, and that we were able to stand in the gap at just the right time in that situation. When I've made a difference, and when we've made a difference, that speaks volumes. In some cases, we get to hear follow-ups and good results that came from that help. It's those moments that I'm also thankful for.

Let's hear from more of you Texans now with more good stuff. Remember: no politics, no dirty laundry. Thanks.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:18 AM

595 posts, read 2,721,716 times
I'm thankful for so many things.
A husband I've been married to for 27 years.
2 wonderful daughters who make me laugh.
A mom who sets the perfect example of how to be gracious and elegant while she takes care of her husband who is in hospice.
A wonderful church family.
Friends that have been there to provide a shoulder to cry on when things get rough.
A beautiful home.
My husbands job ...which is secure and provides wonderful benifits.
Clients in this crazy world of Real Estate which keep me busy!
The rest of my wild and wonderful family who I love and they love me.....very much!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:45 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
That were Texans. We could of been born in another state ( scary huh ).

I am Thankful for so many things.. some of them would be the friendships I have forged on and off line, my family being close to gather around the thanksgiving table once more this year. My wife would top the list, I am most thankful for her, because she loves me knowing I am this much of an ass, she has given us 3 wonderful kids and thinks of others before herself. So she is the think I am most thankful for, she makes me a better man than I am alone. I am thankful for healthy honest debate, conversations. I am thankful for City-Data, it give a place for all our different views to be shared and helps people with one of the most difficult things in the world.. MOVING! So thank you for contributing, thank you for giving me pause, thank you for making me think in new ways, and thank you for the support and friendships along the way. So in the end I give Thanks to you.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:55 AM

285 posts, read 677,553 times
Quote:

Thank you for your inspirational post! Our 2 year old granddaughter doesn't talk YET and has been diagnosed with dyspraxia. I'm trusting God for His miracle for her.

I'm thankful that so many Texans speak freely of their love and commitment to God even on an Internet board. It is wonderful to be around so many who love our Lord here.

That we are transitioning to my husband's retirement and living in Texas full time. I'm thankful that we will move here in God's time and He will take care of details such as the economy and our house selling.

For our two wonderful daughters, sons-in-love, our granddaughter, and our grandson who is due to arrive on December 15.

For the Internet, cell phone calls to Europe, and Vonage so I can talk to our daughter in Denmark every day even while she was in the hospital for 7 weeks (grandson wants to be born early).

For the ability and means to fly to Denmark to help them for 4 weeks and to return for another 4-6 weeks next month (her mother-in-love is with them now)

That my husband and I will spend Thanksgiving at the TEXAS- A&M game - Hook 'em Horns! I'm thankful for my husband of 35 years.

For the new friends I am making here and for the old friends we've located after a 35 year absence from this great state

For our Church homes here and in Virginia and for special friends all over the world

For Case44 starting this thread and all the sweet posts I've read so far. Thanks to all for sharing!

Lori
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas