Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 05:32 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times

Advertisements

Texas will become a BLUE STATE as soom as the URBAN AREA'S
over shadows the SUBURBAN and RURAL AREA'S which could start
in 2012 or 2016 or 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 09:03 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I'm not a lib.......

The really scary thing is that Texas just barely stayed red 2008--and NM, where I now live--went blue, along with others.

We can hope that the recent elections indicate that some are finally waking up and realizing just what they elected--voter fraud/dead people notwithstanding.
President Map - Election Results 2008 - The New York Times

55.5% McCain and only 43.8% Obama is not just barely staying red. That is a solid majority, even with all the backlash against Bush and the massive Obama hype. Texas is in no danger of going blue.

That is roughly equivalent to:

Mississippi (56% McCain, 43% Obama)

Kansas (56% McCain, 41% Obama)

West Virginia (55.7% McCain, 42.6% Obama)

And a larger Republican margin of victory than other states typically considered solid red:

South Carolina (53% McCain, 45% Obama)

Georgia (52% McCain, 47% Obama)

North Dakota (53% McCain, 47% Obama)

South Dakota (53% McCain, 47% Obama)

Montana (49% McCain, 47% Obama)

Not to mention the states that have recently been red that went blue:

Florida (51% Obama, 48% Obama)

North Carolina (49.9 Obama, 49.5 McCain)

Nevada (55% Obama, 42% McCain)

Virginia (53% Obama, 46% McCain)

To put this in perspective, Texas was as red as these states were blue:

Minnesota (54% Obama, 44% McCain)

Colorado

New Jersey

New Hampshire

Texas is in no danger of going blue.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Texas will become a BLUE STATE as soom as the URBAN AREA'S
over shadows the SUBURBAN and RURAL AREA'S which could start
in 2012 or 2016 or 2020.
I highly doubt that.

1. Austin and El Paso are the only two reliable blue cities in Texas with any sort of a huge majority. Dallas is getting up there, but Houston and San Antonio are only very slightly blue. The difference in SA was only 29,000 votes and the difference in Houston was only 18,000 votes. Those are easily offset by the red margin of victory in the surrounding counties alone. Dallas had 110,000 more blue votes than red. However, the 70,000 more red than blue in Tarrant county, and the 60,000 more in Denton county and 72,000 in Collin county cancel out and overpower the Dallas county advantage.

2. Texas has a lot of suburbs and a lot of middle sized cities spread across the state that are solidly red. Texas is no Illinois with one huge blue city dominating very lightly populated rural areas.

Source: President Map - Election Results 2008 - The New York Times

And this was in an election with Republicans at their most unpopular.....

Old 11-25-2009, 12:59 AM

206 posts, read 503,599 times
attaway boys, pour it on. Lets get these libs on the run and keep em going all the way into Louisiana. Things are looking up now that the global warming alarmist/liars have been exposed. The world ain't flat after all. Lets roll Texas!

Old 11-25-2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman15470 View Post
attaway boys, pour it on. Lets get these libs on the run and keep em going all the way into Louisiana. Things are looking up now that the global warming alarmist/liars have been exposed. The world ain't flat after all. Lets roll Texas!
Hey! What do y'all have against Louisiana

Lousiana's a nice conservative red state.... why ruin it? I say run em out towards New Mexico....that's already a lost cause... Maybe they can keep going all the way to the Left Coast.....

Old 11-25-2009, 07:37 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Hey! What do y'all have against Louisiana

Lousiana's a nice conservative red state....

Love the Democrat Senator that toes the party line on "Health Care", don't you? That Mary Landrieu ... the best that money can buy!

I won't mention Cold Cash Jefferson!

There's a couple of hard core Conservatives, eh?

Old 11-25-2009, 07:51 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
If ... and "if" would be the operative word here... If Texas MIGHT have ever gone blue. Don't think it will now. The looming collapse of the US Dollar by the Dems quadrupling the deficit with more deficit spending planned and US economy destruction with such as the Cap and Trade legislation will show the Democratic party as being anti American philosophy as envisioned by our founders.

I don't think fly-over America (Texas is in fly-over country) wants a European style economy and its chronic weak economies with 9%-15% unemployment. Too much common sense in Texas. Can't say as much about Kalifornia or the upper East Coast ... they're either idiots or brainwashed. You decide!

Old 11-25-2009, 08:12 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
President Map - Election Results 2008 - The New York Times

55.5% McCain and only 43.8% Obama is not just barely staying red. That is a solid majority, even with all the backlash against Bush and the massive Obama hype. Texas is in no danger of going blue.....
I hope you're right, but that was still too close for my comfort. Not solid enough!

Hard to tell about New Mexico. Albuquerque just elected a Republican mayor, and I live in the only conservative district (South Central) in the state. I will work to see that Steve Pearce regains his seat, which he gave up to run for the senate.

Too many have their hands out for all the gimmies and freebies/welfare.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:33 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
I think there has been only one Republican elected in Dallas County since 2005.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I hope you're right, but that was still too close for my comfort. Not solid enough!

Hard to tell about New Mexico. Albuquerque just elected a Republican mayor, and I live in the only conservative district (South Central) in the state. I will work to see that Steve Pearce regains his seat, which he gave up to run for the senate.

Too many have their hands out for all the gimmies and freebies/welfare.
Well there weren't too many other states with a large population that had a better margin than Texas did this cycle.

Oklahoma was the reddest in the country at 66% McCain

Utah was close to that

Alabama behind those two

Most of the other red states were below 60% McCain, except for the lightly populated states like Wyoming and Idaho....

I do agree with y'all, too many people are going around with a sense of entitlement today, it's a real shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas