Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 01:56 PM

195 posts, read 655,473 times

Advertisements

Houston has the best followed by Dallas, and San Antonio. You have to thank Port Arthur for UGK, Waco has the Texas Money Boys, Corpus has a few as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 02:58 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,870,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
im aware of the chopped and screwed movement, its more a regional thing, i live in texas, and all that chpping and screwing never reall hit over here, local artist here, underground artist, tend to be more "lyrical" that houston rappers. Im glad that texas got its shine a couple of years ago, but me myself have always been an east coast hip hop fan, so in texas nobody really brings it lyrically like say nas [illmatic] mos def, talib, ***** [reasonable doubt] i guess you gotta be sippin syzurrp to enjoy chopped and screwed music!
Oh really? Post some of them. I doubt any El Paso rappers are more lyrically talented than the likes of K-Rino, ZRo, or Scarface.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:21 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,049,021 times
Quote:
im aware of the chopped and screwed movement, its more a regional thing, i live in texas, and all that chpping and screwing never reall hit over here, local artist here, underground artist, tend to be more "lyrical" that houston rappers. Im glad that texas got its shine a couple of years ago, but me myself have always been an east coast hip hop fan, so in texas nobody really brings it lyrically like say nas [illmatic] mos def, talib, ***** [reasonable doubt] i guess you gotta be sippin syzurrp to enjoy chopped and screwed music!
Guess you haven't heard T-pains new song??? Nas sucks to me.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:26 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,189,211 times
K-Rino, ZRo [who the phru*** are these cats?] scarface is cool, nas sucks cmon, you dont know what you talking about, check "illmatic" thats the epitome of a classic hip hop album!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Guess you haven't heard T-pains new song??? Nas sucks to me.
Leave.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:19 PM

195 posts, read 655,473 times
I'm a black man from El Paso and we do listen to screw in EP. Pretty much all of the S.U.C. especially Z-Ro are lyrical. I personally like Z-Ro, Lil Keke, Fat Pat, H.A.W.K., Big Steve aka Mafioso, Big Pokey as my favorites from the click with much love to the rest of the S.U.C. Screw hit the black and white people in EP mostly though. I've noticed that a lot of the Mexican Americans in EP listen to west coast stuff. However, there are a good amount of mexicans americans in EP who jam screw and other Texas artists as well. Levow, you shouldn't post on this thread because it's about Texas Rap. Especially since you don't know Z-Ro, leave the thread! We could give a damn about some East Coast rap on this thread! Big Reg

Old 11-26-2008, 12:25 AM

I heard yall love SPM out there (let's not think about the garbage he did)? I know SPM is well known in California (especially Los Angeles).

Old 11-26-2008, 12:36 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,387,513 times
Chopped n Screwed music is big in Texas. For the ABN Gang its S.L.A.B.ed music. Thats my favorite right there. Trae and Zro. Followed by Keke, Bun B, Kyle Lee, Lucky, Hawk, DJ Screw and some others. You can thank Texas for the Southern pride. Thats all you hear in Texas music is about the South aka the Third Coast. ATL is more about dance and crunk music. Lil Jon is ok, other then that there isn't much of ATL I like.

I like mexican rap too. Juan Gotti and SPM are cool. I hate Chingo Bling.

Anyways, I think Texas underground rap is the best music out there. Its the "realest" most definetely.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:30 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,189,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfmccoy View Post
I'm a black man from El Paso and we do listen to screw in EP. Pretty much all of the S.U.C. especially Z-Ro are lyrical. I personally like Z-Ro, Lil Keke, Fat Pat, H.A.W.K., Big Steve aka Mafioso, Big Pokey as my favorites from the click with much love to the rest of the S.U.C. Screw hit the black and white people in EP mostly though. I've noticed that a lot of the Mexican Americans in EP listen to west coast stuff. However, there are a good amount of mexicans americans in EP who jam screw and other Texas artists as well. Levow, you shouldn't post on this thread because it's about Texas Rap. Especially since you don't know Z-Ro, leave the thread! We could give a damn about some East Coast rap on this thread! Big Reg

well its really quite sad what you "texas boys" think is lyrical, i dont like spm, i like some west coast, like hyero,pharcyde, dres stuff, murs, i mess with game once in a while, the only texas artist i have known, thats pretty lyrical is chamillionare, thats it!!!! I do like the geto boys, but i have never regarded their music as lyrical, sorry!

Old 11-27-2008, 01:36 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,387,513 times
Quote:
well its really quite sad what you "texas boys" think is lyrical, i dont like spm, i like some west coast, like hyero,pharcyde, dres stuff, murs, i mess with game once in a while, the only texas artist i have known, thats pretty lyrical is chamillionare, thats it!!!! I do like the geto boys, but i have never regarded their music as lyrical, sorry!
Chamillionaire is annoying! I cant stand his voice. His music sucks too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas