Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,106 times

Advertisements

most of yall are completely wrong there is hardly any crime here and most of the children are well behaved and yes the blacks and whites are seperated but by their own will it may be better so you want have any racism as it is with most other towns and cities! although the water is veryyyyyyyyyyyyy bad and you end up havin to buy lots of water! and theres not much for children to do outside of school and they need more programs and most of yall are talking about the crime rate where is i live right in ladonia and there is hardly any crime at all although they had a drug bust but they caught all them people where is every where else there is drugs to and don't try and make ladonia seem as bad and say yall town is better because the fact is everywhere you go isn't perfect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,928 times
Well I don't live in Ladonia, but have lived in Delta county most all of my life and since Supreme Beef closed down they don't have any law enforcers there other that what drives through occassionally so I'm sure that the crime rate would be through the roof considering the amount of alcohol that is sold in that town. But I will say they do have a lot of beautiful homes when they are taken care of and not vandilized, but you still have the bank and the local health clinic that is broken into on a regular basis.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,668 times
well it seems that no one has posted in awhile so I will update on the town of Ladonia. I have lived in Ladonia for almost 6 years now. Well its 2011 so here is what I have seen living here. I live in the south part of town just on the egde of town and all the people I live around are a good group and I love all them. We all watch out for each other and even have block partys together. But this is on the south side of town and there are no houses up for sell at this time. The rest of the town well I can only tell you the truth. As long as you dont mind the starving animals that people keep in there front lawns like the chained up starving horses on depot street then this is the town for you!! as long as you dont mind the city counsil being investigated by the fannin county DA and the Texas Rangers office for couruption then this is the town for you!! If u dont mind a child pedofile working on our fire department whos victim was a 6 year old girl but the city and fire dont want to get ride of him cause he is a hard worker then this is the place for you.Now I am just going to list stuff,,,monthly drug bust,,crack heads riding there bikes with no shirt, minors working at the beer store (no lie check it out for urself) drunks riding there lawn mowers to the beer store, the sound of bass at 3 in the morning, Ohhh and the bank got robbed to many times so they moved out and we have no bank now. We do have a cop now for the last 4 months and he is a really good guy but he only works 23 hours a week. When fannin county used to patrol it was only ten hours aweek. Ohhh and if your old and you have a heart attack the wait time for an ambulance to come is about 25 mins. And all of this is all wrapped up in a 5 mile radias,,,I dont send my kids to the schools here I ship them to honey grove cause the school sucks. but if u can handle all this then this is the town for you!!! but dont take my word for it move here and find out yourself...OHHH and one more thing we had another drive by shooting in the projects a few weeks ago but no one was hurt..

Old 05-17-2011, 12:59 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
It truly sounds like paradise on earth. I can hardly wait not to move there.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times
Only Beaumont is worse

Old 05-17-2011, 08:24 PM

869 posts, read 2,954,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Only Beaumont is worse
but Port Arthur is worse than Beaumont...sooooo

Old 06-12-2011, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 6,707 times
Ladonia Texas is a nice town. I have lived here almost nine Months and the people are real sweet and they get involved with the community!

Old 04-08-2015, 07:55 AM

23 posts, read 111,919 times
Ladonia has changed these past few years..kicking and screaming while being dragged into the future LOL Crime and drugs exist in every town unfortunately. That being said, it is minimal compared to bigger towns. Most people here are friendly, waving as they drive by or stopping to chat. Our biggest problem was the cop that reigned terror on the animals and people here but since he has been gone, things have settled down, even tho some of us are still suffering with the aftermath left by said cop. The town has added to the list of beer stores, several resale and antique shops along with privately owned, no kill shelter, a motorcycle leather shop and tattoo emporium. If you have questions, then stop in and and sit a spell, at any one of the places. If you desire a small town and no traffic..then that is here. I think the dark side of Ladonia is fixin ta see the light of day, one small step at a time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas