Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:33 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times

Advertisements

Back in the 40s when they had the FM roads going up all through the ranches in Texas, farmers/ranchers were calling for the necks of politicians and screaming murder for tearing up their land.

Just a century later, these same vocal groups could not thank the politicans enough. Will the TT be the same? I dont' know, but I do know that we have no other choice..change is inevitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 09:48 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Back in the 40s when they had the FM roads going up all through the ranches in Texas, farmers/ranchers were calling for the necks of politicians and screaming murder for tearing up their land.

Just a century later, these same vocal groups could not thank the politicans enough. Will the TT be the same? I dont' know, but I do know that we have no other choice..change is inevitable.
multinational corporations are backing this. this is not for the public good. it's an attack on property rights, the sovereignty of our nation, our borders, Texas truckers, farmers, ranchers, and tax payers, and it will forever change the face of our state.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:06 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I concur. The entire point of TTC is to further their agenda, to make us all one big happy family....and to me, it borders on treason, as does Bush's refusal to enforce the laws against illegal immigration. His refusal to pardon the USBP agents Compean and Ramos, in favor of a Mexican drug runner makes me sick. But it is all part of the grand plan.

Secession seems like a great idea...!

I haven't registered to vote here yet....and I may just forget the whole thing. There are no good candidates, and the next four years (God forbid, 8??) don't look very good.
Surely, surely, whoever we elect will not be the disaster that George W. Bush was/is. The three we are looking at now are no prizes, but I can't believe that they can possibly screw things up as bad as George and his friend Rick Perry.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:16 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Change may be inevitable, but that doesn't mean that we can't, and don't have a responsibility to, think about what kind of change we want and don't want and try to impact that change. That premise is, after all, pretty much what our country was founded on, correct?

If the "change is inevitable, so you might as well lie back and enjoy it" mindset were in existence back in the 1700's, we'd still be singing Rule Britannia as our national anthem.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Surely, surely, whoever we elect will not be the disaster that George W. Bush was/is. The three we are looking at now are no prizes, but I can't believe that they can possibly screw things up as bad as George and his friend Rick Perry.
I can....and I believe that any of the three are much, much worse. Having said that, as another poster said, both Bush and Perry make my skin crawl, too.

I see the TTC as a very, very bad idea because of the land grab (eminent domain is illegal for furthering private entities, but it is abused anyway) and the further erosion of our sovereignty. The worse you blur the borders south OR north...the worse it will become for the United States as a whole.

Illegal immigration is already destroying it bit by bit.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:07 PM

20,513 posts, read 33,513,431 times
I am very glad to see that most Texans do not want this atrocity to happen. I was against it the very day I heard about it. We have enough road in the state as it is and with gas going up and not showing any signs of coming down, why waste our land and time. Why not just pave over the entire state while we're at it, Rick Perry and GWB. We'll be the envy of the western world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas