Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 11:52 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times

Advertisements

Is this a safe place to live or is this a area on the way down?
I mean looking at realty sites and there are alot of beautiful homes for sale, alot so are the residence running out of this town or is this a town on the way up?

Also could i get a few opinons on Iowa Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 01:23 AM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,634 times
Iowa Park is a prison town, that makes a difference to some people, but not everyone.

Anyone who knows anything about weather knows Wichita Falls is in the middle of tornado alley. It personally doesn't bother me because the chances are still slim your gonna die in one, and I am an adrenaline junky, wouldn't mind being a storm chaser at all...lol. Anyway, don't know much else about either.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Anyone who knows anything about weather knows Wichita Falls is in the middle of tornado alley. It personally doesn't bother me because the chances are still slim your gonna die in one, and I am an adrenaline junky, wouldn't mind being a storm chaser at all...lol. Anyway, don't know much else about either.
LOL I remember reading in some "Texas dictionary" type book where the writer outlined the part of the state constituting "Tornado Alley." Anyway, Wichita Falls was referred to as "the undisputed capital"

I was born and raised here and yes, we have taken our share of "deadly tornadoes" over the years. Interestingly, all have been in early April (April 2, 1958, April 3, 1964, and April 10, 1979). I used to do a bit of storm-chasing myself, although haven't in some years now. Like you though, I still get that adrenaline rush and sense of excitement during a severe weather situtation.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:06 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Thks all

Old 01-10-2009, 07:29 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Thks all
Kerrymac? I apologize for not replying to you so far as Wichita Falls and surrounding areas are concerned. Instead, I got to posting something about the attraction that tornadoes seem to have for our area! That was tacky and rude of me.

Anyway, I will be happy to send you and help you in any way I can so far as information about Wichita Falls and all.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:08 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,238,155 times
There are several threads on this site regarding Wichita Falls. It seems to stay about the same size....lots of new road construction, tho, which make it seem more modern. Air Force base thereand a very good university...that means there are quite a few non-natives living there. Quite a few wealthy oil people but mostly middle class working people.....oil industry, banking, agriculture, medical field. Good mall, good places to eat if you like steak and Mexican food. It's a medical center for that part of the state as well as southern Oklahooma. If the houses seem cheap to you it may just be that you are comparing them to New York prices....WF, however, is less expensive to live in than many cities in Texas. There are some beautiful homes in the SW part of town especially. The summers are hot, the winters are moderate and the weather changes from day to day....wind blows quite a lot. Lots of nice trees in town where they have been planted, nice yards, but the countryside doesn't have many trees...farms, cultivation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas