Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:46 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,325,909 times

Advertisements

Is RO*TEL Rotel Main Page mainly a Texas and Southwest staple? I mean, how else would ya make King Ranch Chicken!!! hee hee!

I was talking to a good friend from the Right Coast tonite and she wasnt real sure if she knew what I was talking about.

Had a great dip today at work, made with Rotel:

2 cans undrained Rotel
Jimmy Dean sausage (the crumbles) warmed up
2 blocks of cream cheese softened

mix and serve warm with tortilla chips. so easy but SO delicious.

so answer my question and add your favorite Rotel recipe! (by the way, their website, link above, has some great recipes, old standards)

Last edited by NOTAM; 01-16-2009 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 10:49 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,884,838 times
Never Heard of it.. and I am about as far southwest you can get in Texas.. El Paso. Maybe its a more South than West thing.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:51 PM

What? No way....Are you serious? Maybe it's cuz you dont grocery shop or cook? Ask your wife!!
I just started rackin' my brain and even recall my fellow coworkers making hot sauces and dips and stuff with Rotel in Georgia! And I know I was able to buy it at the grocery stores when I was displaced in Georgia! There is no way I could have survived 3 years without Rotel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Never Heard of it.. and I am about as far southwest you can get in Texas.. El Paso. Maybe its a more South than West thing.

Last edited by NOTAM; 01-16-2009 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: add

Old 01-16-2009, 11:02 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,223,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
Is RO*TEL Rotel Main Page mainly a Texas and Southwest staple? I mean, how else would ya make King Ranch Chicken!!! hee hee!

I was talking to a good friend from the Right Coast tonite and she wasnt real sure if she knew what I was talking about.

Had a great dip today at work, made with Rotel:

2 cans undrained Rotel
Jimmy Dean sausage (the crumbles) warmed up
2 blocks of cream cheese softened

mix and serve warm with tortilla chips. so easy but SO delicious.

so answer my question and add your favorite Rotel recipe! (by the way, their website, link above, has some great recipes, old standards)
Yikes, that sounds wonderful. I think I'll make it at our next work luncheon. Thanks!!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:20 PM

oh it's GOOD stuff. i dont even like sausage. i'm a bacon person. but i couldn't stop dippin tortilla's into this dip. it is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Yikes, that sounds wonderful. I think I'll make it at our next work luncheon. Thanks!!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:50 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,216,146 times
RO-TEL....one of the 4 major food groups in Texas.....you mean it's not in the rest of the world???

Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 AM

uh-that's what i thought. the things you just "assume" when you have lived in Texas most or all of your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleTX View Post
RO-TEL....one of the 4 major food groups in Texas.....you mean it's not in the rest of the world???

Old 01-17-2009, 04:12 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,884,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
What? No way....Are you serious? Maybe it's cuz you dont grocery shop or cook? Ask your wife!!
I just started rackin' my brain and even recall my fellow coworkers making hot sauces and dips and stuff with Rotel in Georgia! And I know I was able to buy it at the grocery stores when I was displaced in Georgia! There is no way I could have survived 3 years without Rotel!
WOW, got a bit nasty there.. Uhm for your info I am the one who cooks mostly.. my wife does as well she is Italian and makes many of the best pasta dishes ever.

I also do most of the shopping.. WOA a man that cooks and shops, and cleans the house, and holds a job.. no way.. he must be lying. No I am just better than your husband thats all. ( see how stupid it sounds when people make rash judgements when they have no clue what or who they are talking about? )

Maybe I am more creative and don't have to rely on a can to make a snack food.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:50 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,996,387 times
I have had it before, certainly not my favorite though. But, don't forget, I am a transplant from up north, and have only been here since '95 ...heck, I don't even care for Ice Tea (I am sure I will get some grief over bringing that up!!! lol).

Ian

Old 01-17-2009, 06:16 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,797,628 times
I haven't been able to find Ro*Tel around here lately. Although I haven't looked so hard because I forgot about it. On my trip to the store today I'm going to search high and low for the stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas