Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:22 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvalle_mayne View Post
Way to be swayed by propaganda in the media. Have you ever been to the border personally? You have MILLIONS of Mexcians vs. just thousands of Border Patrol agents. And first and foremost the BP's main priority is drug smuggling prevention which they actually do a very good job of. Also the highest percentage of illegals flooding in the U.S. was late-80s and early-90s and since then its actually been on a decline the only difference is the politicians decided to bring it to the forefront of the news due to their lack of regulation of foreign relations in the middle east. How do I know this? Easy, my father's a Border Patrol agent and if you would like to talk to him about foreign and border relations feel free to send me a message.
I agree! Having a cousin that is also a Border Patrol Agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 AM

336 posts, read 697,940 times
It's not just Texas that is abounding with Hispanics...US census this year showed that Hispanics
took top in the popluation...I couldn't find the page again...but if I remember correctly...it was
like 35 million...30 something million bi-racials...16 million white and only 700 something thousand
blacks....times are changing...and seems that the mexicans like Texas...if it gets any freakin
hotter with global warming...they will be the only ones living here... :P

Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri722 View Post
It's not just Texas that is abounding with Hispanics...US census this year showed that Hispanics
took top in the popluation...I couldn't find the page again...but if I remember correctly...it was
like 35 million...30 something million bi-racials...16 million white and only 700 something thousand
blacks....times are changing...and seems that the mexicans like Texas...if it gets any freakin
hotter with global warming...they will be the only ones living here... :P

uuummmmm .... your math doesn't make a lick of sense ..... either for state population or for the nation as a whole........

somehow i think that you are just trying to stir a pot that doesn't need ANY more stirring.......

Old 06-05-2009, 05:32 PM

17 posts, read 88,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
Do NOT move to South Texas unless you are prepared to, and dont mind being a minority. I am a Texan, and was uprooted to Georgia for 3 years thanks to the Army, and finally got back to Texas and chose South Texas because of a high paying contract...thinking that Texas was Texas. IT AINT.
South Texas is a WHOLE OTHER COUNTRY. You can compare East, North, West-they have the "Texas" feel to them...but South Texas is MEXICO.
I am telling you right now-it is NOT Texas. I am a female blonde blue eyed Anglo and stand out everywhere and am stared at like I am a freak. I have ZERO social life-i am semi attractive (or so they say) and have not even been asked out on a date and i have been here 6 months, and have no real friends. In the workplace, i have "acquaintances" but i have nothing in common with them. oh by the way, they think i TALK FUNNY. they think i have an accent. Ya know why? cuz i guess i have somewhat a Texas drawl or twang...which DOES NOT EXIST HERE! so another reason i dont fit in.
they call every woman here "mami" or "mama" or something like that...its a mexican term of endearment. i cant get used to it. my terms of endearment for my patients are "sweet pea" or "sugarpie" or "honey" or "darlin"...i dont call anyone MOMMY except MY MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!
and they call all males even young ones "pappy"....
it's freakin wierd.
oh and top it all off with wimpy law enforcement. i am used to feeling secure and protected by TOUGH TEXAS LAWMEN...NOT HERE. they are a bunch of wimps and all they do is take part in corruption...those drug runners can just pay them off...you should see the deputy sheriffs who come in with inmates to my hospital-they look like they are not at all self-assured and look about 18 years old! i am tougher than they are!!
it's PATHETIC.
choose WEST TEXAS AT ALL COSTS. i will. i am outta here by Oct when my lease is up
All I've gotta say is AMEN sista u are right! They make fun of southerners in South Texas. And get this they say if your white then you're redneck.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:33 PM

Default Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
Do NOT move to South Texas unless you are prepared to, and dont mind being a minority. I am a Texan, and was uprooted to Georgia for 3 years thanks to the Army, and finally got back to Texas and chose South Texas because of a high paying contract...thinking that Texas was Texas. IT AINT.
South Texas is a WHOLE OTHER COUNTRY. You can compare East, North, West-they have the "Texas" feel to them...but South Texas is MEXICO.
I am telling you right now-it is NOT Texas. I am a female blonde blue eyed Anglo and stand out everywhere and am stared at like I am a freak. I have ZERO social life-i am semi attractive (or so they say) and have not even been asked out on a date and i have been here 6 months, and have no real friends. In the workplace, i have "acquaintances" but i have nothing in common with them. oh by the way, they think i TALK FUNNY. they think i have an accent. Ya know why? cuz i guess i have somewhat a Texas drawl or twang...which DOES NOT EXIST HERE! so another reason i dont fit in.
they call every woman here "mami" or "mama" or something like that...its a mexican term of endearment. i cant get used to it. my terms of endearment for my patients are "sweet pea" or "sugarpie" or "honey" or "darlin"...i dont call anyone MOMMY except MY MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!
and they call all males even young ones "pappy"....
it's freakin wierd.
oh and top it all off with wimpy law enforcement. i am used to feeling secure and protected by TOUGH TEXAS LAWMEN...NOT HERE. they are a bunch of wimps and all they do is take part in corruption...those drug runners can just pay them off...you should see the deputy sheriffs who come in with inmates to my hospital-they look like they are not at all self-assured and look about 18 years old! i am tougher than they are!!
it's PATHETIC.
choose WEST TEXAS AT ALL COSTS. i will. i am outta here by Oct when my lease is up
All I've gotta say is AMEN sista u are right! They make fun of southerners in South Texas. And get this they say if your white then you're redneck.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter pep View Post
azzurri, have you moved to south texas? any feedback on experiences. I am also from Michigan and am considering moving to McAllen for a job.
Ok...I moved to South Texas around 3 years ago...just DON'T do it. You will be put down by from racism...you'll have to learn spanish, and it's ugly and hot. you may like heat like most...but trust me NOT this heat. from May till October it'll be in the 100's seriously it can stay in the 100's without getting back to the 90's for weeks and weeks. It was 85 degrees last christmas.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:27 AM

5 posts, read 11,696 times
Default West Texas Livin in San Angelo

Warm, Very Friendly, Beautiful lakes, rivers and parks, big art and music scene, great tourist attraction, low cost of living, great schools and ideal for retiring people and family living. San Angelo has always been in my heart and is now my permanent home. I have lived all over Texas and love it here. Check out this web site for more information: San Angelo Texas real estate homes properties and online real estate search

Old 06-19-2009, 03:56 PM

100 posts, read 446,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patterson7 View Post
Kinda like how you think all Mexicans are illegals right? It's a double edge sword.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:32 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwiginton59 View Post
Warm, Very Friendly, Beautiful lakes, rivers and parks, big art and music scene, great tourist attraction, low cost of living, great schools and ideal for retiring people and family living. San Angelo has always been in my heart and is now my permanent home. I have lived all over Texas and love it here. Check out this web site for more information: San Angelo Texas real estate homes properties and online real estate search
I was shocked to see San Angelo (I grew up about 80 miles south of there) with the nationwide high of 108 last week....dayum!!

It's usually Presidio, Wink, Pecos or Laredo that have those hotter temps!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:56 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,594,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patterson7 View Post
Ok...I moved to South Texas around 3 years ago...just DON'T do it. You will be put down by from racism...you'll have to learn spanish, and it's ugly and hot. you may like heat like most...but trust me NOT this heat. from May till October it'll be in the 100's seriously it can stay in the 100's without getting back to the 90's for weeks and weeks. It was 85 degrees last christmas.
You say this like it's a bad thing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas