Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Well...if you are a San Gabriel Valley Conservative or a South O.C. Conservative who was fleeing illegal aliens and taxes, then yeah...you are welcome here in My State. If you are some left-wing hipster priced out of some artsy area, then I really wish you would consider somewhere other than Texas.
How about if I'm a San Gabriel Valley liberal who was priced out of California but is also pro-business, pro-religion, and pro-Texas? People are more difficult to categorize than just conservative/liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 07:59 AM

2,960 posts, read 3,529,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
How about if I'm a San Gabriel Valley liberal who was priced out of California but is also pro-business, pro-religion, and pro-Texas? People are more difficult to categorize than just conservative/liberal.
I'm not trying to generalize here friend...much of what is on this thread should be taken with a grain of salt. I no longer considered myself a democrat when it became obvious that they wanted to give another amnesty to illegal aliens. Democrats have had control of much of California for some time now and they have screwed that state with massive spending.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:16 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Democrats have had control of much of California for some time now and they have screwed that state with massive spending.
You've got a point there. California is bankrupt...such a shame.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:21 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,274,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCC View Post
If you mess with Texas, then you might want to leave.
Trust me, I don't litter Texas, but there are many who do and they are native Texans. My neighbors can't even keep their yard in decent shape, pathetic to the max. Littering one's own Texas yard is incomprehensible to me as well as littering the countryside. Shall we ship out the natives that are doing this? I say, "Yes." Find a place to dump all of the people who can't stop littering any state; some place across the ocean would be nice. No, better yet, a place in the middle of the ocean so no one has to look at the litter they leave behind.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth2 View Post
Wait, what's that make you?
It definitely doesn't make me a Democrat. I'll claim Republican.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 AM

3,977 posts, read 3,660,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
It definitely doesn't make me a Democrat. I'll claim Republican.

Ahh you guys warm my heart, make me smile and break out in laughter each and every day. (snif) I think I love you all!

Old 02-28-2009, 08:49 AM

467 posts, read 1,044,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Trust me, I don't litter Texas, but there are many who do and they are native Texans. My neighbors can't even keep their yard in decent shape, pathetic to the max. Littering one's own Texas yard is incomprehensible to me as well as littering the countryside. Shall we ship out the natives that are doing this? I say, "Yes." Find a place to dump all of the people who can't stop littering any state; some place across the ocean would be nice. No, better yet, a place in the middle of the ocean so no one has to look at the litter they leave behind.
I've never understood why a group of people so proud of their state would drive their pickup full of trash down the highway with the tailgate down, scattering their crap for miles. I really do believe it's a Texas thing, because I haven't seen this elsewhere, and those guilty of doing this didn't look like transplants to me.

I even had one fella cut me off when he pulled his truck out in front of me and swing into my lane, sending his lawnmower on wheels flying out the bed of his truck and right across the top of my hood/bumper. When I stopped to help him put it back, I suggested he *might* want to raise the tailgate. His response? "Why don't you do it?"

There's a lot about Texas I don't miss at all...

Old 02-28-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieTX View Post
I've never understood why a group of people so proud of their state would drive their pickup full of trash down the highway with the tailgate down, scattering their crap for miles. I really do believe it's a Texas thing, because I haven't seen this elsewhere, and those guilty of doing this didn't look like transplants to me.

I even had one fella cut me off when he pulled his truck out in front of me and swing into my lane, sending his lawnmower on wheels flying out the bed of his truck and right across the top of my hood/bumper. When I stopped to help him put it back, I suggested he *might* want to raise the tailgate. His response? "Why don't you do it?"

Well, my mom raised me and I raised my son to know, there is good and bad in everyone and everything. No way can any one place or person be perfect. It's just not in us.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieTX View Post

I'm a transplant and I know what you're saying. This is just one thing that drives me nuts about some of the people here. In my relatively small town, I know who are natives and who are not. Of course, there are some delightful and neat natives and some pretty messy transplants. I'm just tired of driving around see Sanford and Son yards. Ugh!!

Yep, there is a lot of poverty in Texas, but that's no excuse for laziness and sloppiness and ignorance.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:57 AM

Sanford and son yards???? I thought I lived next door to them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas