Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 09:00 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,274,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth2 View Post
Sanford and son yards???? I thought I lived next door to them!
I do live next door to one of them, but thank gawd for privacy fences. Even her dad told her to clean up the mess. Three adults living there and no one has the energy I guess. Actually, the front isn't bad, but the back, oh my. Then they dump the cat litter box over their back fence to an open area where I walk my dogs. Sickening, and she even told me she wasn't going to do that anymore. Grrrr!! I have to make my one dog that I walk who isn't on a leash stay away from that mess. How dare she dirty what's left of nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 09:04 AM

3,977 posts, read 3,660,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I do live next door to one of them, but thank gawd for privacy fences. Even her dad told her to clean up the mess. Three adults living there and no one has the energy I guess. Actually, the front isn't bad, but the back, oh my. Then they dump the cat litter box over their back fence to an open area where I walk my dogs. Sickening, and she even told me she wasn't going to do that anymore. Grrrr!! I have to make my one dog that I walk who isn't on a leash stay away from that mess. How dare she dirty what's left of nice.

Yeah, mine use to throw dead rats in the alley, which is my driveway.. I know all about bad neighbors. That is exactly why I am looking for some land!

Old 02-28-2009, 07:59 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,529,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieTX View Post
I've never understood why a group of people so proud of their state would drive their pickup full of trash down the highway with the tailgate down, scattering their crap for miles. I really do believe it's a Texas thing, because I haven't seen this elsewhere, and those guilty of doing this didn't look like transplants to me.

I even had one fella cut me off when he pulled his truck out in front of me and swing into my lane, sending his lawnmower on wheels flying out the bed of his truck and right across the top of my hood/bumper. When I stopped to help him put it back, I suggested he *might* want to raise the tailgate. His response? "Why don't you do it?"

There's a lot about Texas I don't miss at all...
Are you generalizing the entire State on this isolated experience, why should the good folks of Texas listen to this slander against Texas? You think about it friend.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:46 AM

271 posts, read 809,642 times
MaryBeth2
You spoke very highly of Corpus Christi earlier so I was wondering why you haven't moved back to your "heaven on earth"? The reason I'm asking is it's on my short list of places to move along with San Angelo and San Antonio.
I've lived in and left Texas and come back again and overall this state is the best in the country.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
MaryBeth2
You spoke very highly of Corpus Christi earlier so I was wondering why you haven't moved back to your "heaven on earth"? The reason I'm asking is it's on my short list of places to move along with San Angelo and San Antonio.
I've lived in and left Texas and come back again and overall this state is the best in the country.

Hi Desert Dog. Yes, we loved Corpus.. Even if I didnt spell it right! We started out there, but could no way afford it 20 years ago, I know we can't now. That is one gorgeous place though, with the nicest people. I still think it's a great place to live.
Thanks for asking. Makes me know you are paying attention.
The part of Texas we're in now, is close to the swamp lands of La so it is miserable humid!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:57 PM

MaryBeth2
La has the hugest flying bugs I've ever seen which brings up another question, does CC have a lot of mosquitoes like La or does the ocean breeze keep them at bay? Also why do do think it is so unaffordable in CC? From looking at Craigslist it doesn't look to awful bad. and finally which has the worst humidity CC or where you are now? Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
MaryBeth2
La has the hugest flying bugs I've ever seen which brings up another question, does CC have a lot of mosquitoes like La or does the ocean breeze keep them at bay? Also why do do think it is so unaffordable in CC? From looking at Craigslist it doesn't look to awful bad. and finally which has the worst humidity CC or where you are now? Thanks for the reply.

Interesting questions. I think that wind keeps the bugs away. The family we had down there complained that after a while it gets to you. I guess we weren't there long enough, because we loved it. The humidity is another thing. I dont know if it was because it was so long ago (many pounds on my part) or what, but I didnt mind that either. I was just so in love with the beautiful beaches and blue sky that I didnt see anything wrong at all. I have not been back in years. Makes me wonder what my opinion would be now. As far as the cost!! Well, it costs a lot more down there to live for us. We can live here a lot cheaper. I would think housing and taxes. Have you compared the taxes? Got me curious too. But to have a decent house there, it would cost you. I hope you have more money than I do.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:11 PM

MaryBeth2
Not a lot of money just a lot of dreams.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:17 PM

Now you are talking my life!

Old 03-01-2009, 02:33 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
As a native of the Texas hill country, La Coste (pop.397), I loved the one season as G-d intended. Regrettably, and unbelievably, my health forces me to move up north as the heat and humidity are too much with my asthma. I can't even take the dogs outside in back, much less walk them!
My asthma was terrible in Austin, but almost non existent in Northern Colorado (or anywhere else in Co). I now live in AZ. Its between bad and good now.

I left Texas, lost nearly half of everything we owned to get outa there, and I would do it again and again if I had too.

Cant explaine why I was so miserable. The heat was my excuse at the time, but AZ heat in the summer aint no bowel of Ice Cream either. Could be the lack of mountains.

HEB was the only thing I miss about the entire state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas