Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:17 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Does your obsessive idolization of the state make you feel any better?
Yes.

Quote:
The OP asked if anybody ever wants to leave. I answered his question.
Good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 01:37 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
getmeoutofhere - if you tried my neighborhood I think you would have a different opinion.
I grew up in your neighborhood. I spent 15 years on Lakewood Blvd. My family still maintains a house there.

Doesn't change my opinion, though I will say that area is one of the very few almost-tolerable areas around.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:47 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
Quote:
Maine, Vermont, or New Hampshire. Washington and Oregon are in the mix as well, but far behind the initial 3.
Well, the first three are rated tops in safest states in America. I would love to live up there, but I don't think I could stand the cold weather. Of course, I hate the heat here, but shall I move again, I have to have a happy in between.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
As a native of the Texas hill country, La Coste (pop.397), I loved the one season as G-d intended. Regrettably, and unbelievably, my health forces me to move up north as the heat and humidity are too much with my asthma. I can't even take the dogs outside in back, much less walk them!
The heat and humidity bothers me and I don't have asthma. It's just not good. My older dog really suffers in the hot weather, poor baby. I don't leave my canines outside either. It's just too much to stand.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:42 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Well, the first three are rated tops in safest states in America. I would love to live up there, but I don't think I could stand the cold weather. Of course, I hate the heat here, but shall I move again, I have to have a happy in between.
I was born in the wrong state.

The other mornings, when it was 30 or 35 degrees out, I had my windows down when I drove into work.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:21 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,008 times
My husband and I 'happily' left Texas 7 years ago for the promise of beautiful weather and great foliage in southern California. I would have happily stayed in the lone star state, but he was eager to leave. Oh how quickly we learn what's really important in life! I've been trying to get us home for 3 years now....and it looks like '09 might finally be our year. As a previous poster mentioned, some ground kissing will be in order when we cross the border...

Old 02-09-2009, 10:21 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I've lived in TX all my life (well, not yet) and like it, but the spring severe weather and summer heat/humidity are hard for me to take. I'd rather live in the mountains of far west Texas where the humidity is much lower, or in New Mexico. I like mountains and dry climates, but finding a job in the places I like most is difficult. That being said, Fort Worth is a great place to live.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
I was born in the wrong state.

The other mornings, when it was 30 or 35 degrees out, I had my windows down when I drove into work.
I moved to the wrong state weather-wise. I am sitting here sweating right now because of the 90%+ humidity and it's only about 63 degrees outside. Oh, how I dread what's coming. If my house is warmer than 60 degrees inside, I'm too warm. I hardly run my heat in the winter and when I do, I set it on 55 degrees. When we had the ice storm a few weeks ago, I was out walking the dogs that afternoon. It was about 32 degrees or less and it felt so nice. If the 5 to 6 months of summer only had a few breaks, maybe I could stand it.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
My dh and I would happily move to someplace with four seasons, but a good job and family obligations keep us here.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:03 AM

4 posts, read 14,281 times
I want to get back to Arizona someday. I miss camping, 4 wheeling, shooting, hiking, mountain biking in the wilds. You can't do that in Texas unless you own a large ranch. Or know someone who does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas