Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,250 times

Advertisements

Now that we have the Presidential race behind us, the next big race here in Texas will be the 2010 Governors race. Rick Perry is expected to run for a third term, and Kay Bailey Hutchison is also expected to run. Both, as we all know are Republicans, but are there any Democrats, Independents or Libertarians that you would like to see running against either Perry or Hutchison (whoever wins the Primary)?
Personally I would like to see Carole Keeton Strayhorn run, but she is running for mayor of Austin, so there is probably a slim chance of her running for Governor.
Who would you like to see run for Governor of the Great State Of Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 06:23 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
As long as the State of Texas doesn't allow for a runoff election and the person with a plurality of the votes is declared a winner, the third party system here is complete garbage. Perry got re-elected in '06 BECAUSE OF Kinky Friedman and Carole Strayhorn splitting the vote. Being elected when 61% of the people didn't vote for you is pathetic.

Personally I want to see Kay Bailey knock off Perry in the Republican primary because I'm for anybody but Goodhair.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:04 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,974,838 times
Carol Keeton Rylander Strayhorn Cadillac Brougham is as useless as ***** on a boar hog. She was a lousy Mayor in Austin and was a relatively decent comptroller. She reached her peak as the State Comptroller. She's not a candidate for governor I would vote for. She's changed political parties about as many times I change toilet paper in my bathroom.

However, we seem to have enough idiots who believe that Governor Pretty Hair is so effective as a leader that they re-elected him in the last election so nothing suprises me anymore.

Bluescreen and I both agree - I think Kay Bailey, a former cheerleader just like our current governor, will do a better job. Realistically, I want to see who she picks as Lt. Governor, because this position has more power over the Legislature than the Governor itself under our Constitution.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:18 AM

544 posts, read 1,667,470 times
shoot -- pretty boy wants to run for the senate anyway -- time for a change in austin

Old 02-09-2009, 11:59 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,250 times
Kay Bailey is just a female version of Rick Scary......why on earth would we want her up there trying to run things?

Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,025,249 times
I nominate Phil Hardberger. His term as mayor of SA ends soon.

The former Air Force Capt. has an impressive history. He is a former lawyer and judge with degrees from Baylor, Columbia, and Georgetown. He served as executive secretary of Peace Corps under Kennedy and played a role under Johnson.

He has done a superb job of elevating San Antonio in his only 4 years as mayor.

Mayor's Office - City of San Antonio

Old 02-09-2009, 01:32 PM

398 posts, read 1,416,839 times
Every night before bed I get down on my knees and pray that Kinky runs and wins.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:14 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan55 View Post
Every night before bed I get down on my knees and pray that Kinky runs and wins.
If Kinky runs, the Republican wins. Third party doesn't work in TX. Sorry.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
Carol Keeton Rylander Strayhorn Cadillac Brougham is as useless as ***** on a boar hog. She was a lousy Mayor in Austin and was a relatively decent comptroller. She reached her peak as the State Comptroller. She's not a candidate for governor I would vote for. She's changed political parties about as many times I change toilet paper in my bathroom.

However, we seem to have enough idiots who believe that Governor Pretty Hair is so effective as a leader that they re-elected him in the last election so nothing suprises me anymore.

Bluescreen and I both agree - I think Kay Bailey, a former cheerleader just like our current governor, will do a better job. Realistically, I want to see who she picks as Lt. Governor, because this position has more power over the Legislature than the Governor itself under our Constitution.
In Texas the Governor and Lt Governor are elected separately. You could even have different parties elected for them.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:59 PM

398 posts, read 1,416,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
If Kinky runs, the Republican wins. Third party doesn't work in TX. Sorry.
Did you go to the colleges to learn yourself that well?

Kinky still owns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas