Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:48 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,011,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Hello....you LIVE IN THE FORT WORTH AREA!

YOU ARE NOT FROM DALLAS!

So I would hope YOU care about Ft Worth.

I am on the border. I really don't consider myself in either area, I consider myself to be living in Hell.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:49 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
My dad was offered a transfer to Houston with a very nice salary, but turned it down. A few friends in his company took up the offer and warned him about moving there; saying it isn't very kid-friendly and the schools are not good at all compared to where we lived.
So what? Is he somehow more enlightened than the rest of us? And I'm going to assume this was at least a decade ago. Houston didn't even have its new downtown park until a year or two ago.

Houston is a huge place. For every lame part of town with "not enough playgrounds" (cited in the below link as a judging point) and schools with low graduation rates, there's another part of town that's great to raise children. But what would you know? I'm raising children here... are you? Where is your experience? Why are you in the Texas forum? Are you aware that a suburb of Houston just 20 miles from downtown continually makes the "best places" lists, ranking #3 in the country a few years ago? Are you going to tell me this is still a bad place to raise my children? They certainly don't seem to think so, and neither do I -- we have a nice new house with a big yard, great neighbors, sidewalks, big trees, parks, shopping, lots of children's activities, world-class medical facilities, a nice zoo and one of the country's best children's museums a short drive away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
NYC is on that list too... I'm surprised you don't think that should automatically invalidate it.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,592,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I am on the border. I really don't consider myself in either area, I consider myself to be living in Hell.
Shoulda thought of that before you moved to ROANOKE!!!!

But Roanoke is never considered to be part of Dallas, nor the border. I have never once in my life heard someone make that claim. It's part of Ft. Worth.

The border would be the Collin-Denton line, maybe a little farther west of that, but definitely not Roanoke. Maybe you foreigners want to change it, but at least to the natives, Roanoke is either part of Ft Worth or else a little inconsequential country town (kinda like Plano).

Old 08-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,093,737 times
213 posts of discussion over 7 months that doesn't seem to be in any way helpful. Since the motto of City-Data is "We are here to help each other," I have decided to bring this thread to a close, so that another, more helpful helpful thread can take its place on the front page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas