Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 04:50 PM

17 posts, read 35,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
....that is TERRORISM, besides being a hate crime.
I don't disagree that it is terroristic in nature, I was just commenting that it doesn't meat the legal threshold to be considered terrorism, therefore they won't be tried as terroists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Welcome to our forum. You do seem to look upon the members of the worlds largest street gang thugs as being not capable of doing no wrong.
That's what you call taking my words, twisting them, exaggerating the intent, taking them out of context, and let's see what else, making no attempt at all to be accurate about them.

Crime in all sectors of our society is present and to a lesser or greater degree, with few exceptions, the percentages are reflective of our society in general. Law enforcement is a tough jib and there are good ones and bad ones, but to call policemen and policewomen "the worlds largest street gang thugs" makes me believe you have been a victim in some way of a bad cop, or else you got what you deserved and blame the world in general and cops in particular.

If there is a "world's largest gang of creeps" it is the vast majority of federal politicians, whom our ignorant body politic continue to vote back into office year after year after year, all the while not even realizing how the thugs are giving away our national treasure, enslaving our children and grandchildren and their children ad infinitum.

BTW, thanks for the welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 05:01 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Who's gonna stop them? Me? You? Your govt wont. They hold the gun with a backup tucked into their sock restraint. Just try and badmouth them and you will be swallowing a whole lot of lead

Kinda like the Fox guarding the Hen cage among the good ol boys.

And I do not agree with you that some are good. What I do believe is some cops, like politicians go in with good intentions, to help, to serve. But the temptation to go sour is so great. There is so much dirty money and it's enough to go round.
Well, what is your suggestion? A land without law? A land without law enforcement? I don't think, no, I KNOW that would not be an ideal situation either! There are plenty of good cops out there. A few bad apples shouldn't spoil the whole bunch. The bad ones should be held accountable for their actions and brought to justice. I know that it's not going to be me or you who stop them. It needs to be more on a federal scale.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:37 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless Native View Post
I don't disagree that it is terroristic in nature, I was just commenting that it doesn't meat the legal threshold to be considered terrorism, therefore they won't be tried as terroists.

That's what you call taking my words, twisting them, exaggerating the intent, taking them out of context, and let's see what else, making no attempt at all to be accurate about them.

Crime in all sectors of our society is present and to a lesser or greater degree, with few exceptions, the percentages are reflective of our society in general. Law enforcement is a tough jib and there are good ones and bad ones, but to call policemen and policewomen "the worlds largest street gang thugs" makes me believe you have been a victim in some way of a bad cop, or else you got what you deserved and blame the world in general and cops in particular.

If there is a "world's largest gang of creeps" it is the vast majority of federal politicians, whom our ignorant body politic continue to vote back into office year after year after year, all the while not even realizing how the thugs are giving away our national treasure, enslaving our children and grandchildren and their children ad infinitum.

BTW, thanks for the welcome.
Them's some pretty big words coming from some one with 2 whole posts. I twisted nothing I promise. I think Im on your side. In fact I agree 1000% with your entire last paragraph. I just put pigs into the same catagory as politicians, all crooked, all corrpt, and never told the truth in their life.

But welcome anyway....honest ! You are no dummy. We will just never see eye to eye when it comes to the donut connoisseurs. I have no place for them and no I was never in trouble with them. I keep my distance when Im standing on line behind them in Shipleys Donut shop and thank my stars that my stomach has not grown like theirs. And no I would not call on them under ANY circumstances. I can handle my own thanks.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:01 PM

17 posts, read 35,830 times
Quote:
Them's some pretty big words coming from some one with 2 whole posts.
Now now, I know you aren't so shallow to believe my opinions have merit proportional only to the number of posts I have made.

How about a good laugh?

When I was younger (stressing the "er" part because I am still "young") I was a certified hellion. I have no idea how many times I was arrested but more than 12 and less than 20. Somewhere in that parameter.

My first arrest was for assault and battery . . . . . . drum roll please . . . . . . . . on a police officer! Scouts honor. One of those "bad cops" was picking on me and that didn't sit well with this feisty young Irish brawler. It happened in the parking lot of a place called "Mars" which was a game room type thing with live bands on weekends. Just outside Garland city limits in Dallas county.

That was the inauspicious, humble beginnings of my approximate 15 year personal rebellion against authority. My own rage against the machine. Thankfully I outgrew it but I must admit I had a lot of fun and have many fond memories.

I have known quite a few cops over the years (and I'm not referring to the ones who've cuffed me and hauled me in) and I can say with certainty that the ones I knew well have been honorable and honest. Yes probably some were bad and I didn't know, but as you say we'll have to just agree to disagree on this. No big deal.

We agree on the important stuff that the oligarchy in D.C. are the real problem. Now if we could somehow figure out a way to pith off all the bad cops and focus their ire on the scumbags in Washington . . . . .

P.S. I now have 3 posts!

Old 03-14-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless Native View Post
Now now, I know you aren't so shallow to believe my opinions have merit proportional only to the number of posts I have made.

How about a good laugh?

When I was younger (stressing the "er" part because I am still "young") I was a certified hellion. I have no idea how many times I was arrested but more than 12 and less than 20. Somewhere in that parameter.

My first arrest was for assault and battery . . . . . . drum roll please . . . . . . . . on a police officer! Scouts honor. One of those "bad cops" was picking on me and that didn't sit well with this feisty young Irish brawler. It happened in the parking lot of a place called "Mars" which was a game room type thing with live bands on weekends. Just outside Garland city limits in Dallas county.

That was the inauspicious, humble beginnings of my approximate 15 year personal rebellion against authority. My own rage against the machine. Thankfully I outgrew it but I must admit I had a lot of fun and have many fond memories.

I have known quite a few cops over the years (and I'm not referring to the ones who've cuffed me and hauled me in) and I can say with certainty that the ones I knew well have been honorable and honest. Yes probably some were bad and I didn't know, but as you say we'll have to just agree to disagree on this. No big deal.

We agree on the important stuff that the oligarchy in D.C. are the real problem. Now if we could somehow figure out a way to pith off all the bad cops and focus their ire on the scumbags in Washington . . . . .

P.S. I now have 3 posts!
PS now you also have your first REPs compliments of ME!!! And if I could meet you I would shake your hand if your a guy or hug you if your a girl. Anyone who would punch the lights out of a pig is a friend of mine. I betcha later after spending time in jail and asked if it was worth it you let out a great big HELL YEA and a YEE HAHHH !!!!

Good thing that incident did not happen in a small town jail or they would have killed you. They can kill us peasants with no consequence ya know.

I knew you were alright. I complimented you on your vey first post saying I knew you were pretty sharp. I just thought you came on too strong.

Maybe we can put our heads together and do something about this "highway robbery" by the street thugs.

Where I am we have the oink oinks following the Trail Riders on the way to the Rodeo and giving tickets to riders who's Horse drops some mess. Trail Riding has been a Texas tradition for hundreds of years and now we have money hungry pigs following us looking to extort/rape us if a Horse does what's natural. Where will it end ? ? ? ? ? ?

Good day to you my friend !!!

Old 03-14-2009, 05:47 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I know they had a similar set up like this in Florida. It just amazes me that crap like this can go on for so long. What really pisses me off is the fact that it took a Chicago paper to shed light on it. The Houston papers should have reported this years ago.
Enough said period

Old 03-14-2009, 06:47 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Default Why am I not shocked about this happening in Texas?

Especially in what seems to be the most racist part of a racist state.
San Antonio and Austin are bright spots against that, but come on.

Nation & World | Texas town stops black motorists, seizes assets | Seattle Times Newspaper

Basically, cops are pulling over and taking property of "supicious people" and about 99% of them are black or hispanic.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:01 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
Yeah, there's another thread on this exact same subject if you would actually look. Instead, you came on here looking for a flame war in a state which I'm guessing you've never been to. I say that because you think Texas is a "racist state" even though we're minority majority. It's only in the very rural parts that you get this type of racism, and that's in every part of the country whether you want to believe it or not. Stay in the Politics and Controversies forum where you belong.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:08 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,679,286 times
Mod note: The last two posts were moved to this existing thread on the same topic.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Especially in what seems to be the most racist part of a racist state.
San Antonio and Austin are bright spots against that, but come on.

Nation & World | Texas town stops black motorists, seizes assets | Seattle Times Newspaper

Basically, cops are pulling over and taking property of "supicious people" and about 99% of them are black or hispanic.
While there is racism everywhere, I just dont feel Texas is that bad. I just dont see regular folk talkin racist things like you might be suggesting. I do know cops are about as racist as the KKK. And your last sentence pretty much highlights that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas