Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:22 AM

1,560 posts, read 1,263,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaretie View Post
I think what everyone needs to remember is where this happened -- Texas. Look at what Bush did for eight years. He bankrupt the entire country but no lawyer will get that money back. And I saw Brokeback Mountain.. ok.. the previews.. but everyone knows cowboys are repressed homosexuals and cops are one step away from that.. not that there's anything wrong with being gay, but being repressed will often lead to entitlement issues. It's just a shame. The best way to fix this issue to for Texas to raise the pride flag high and let the world know why they wear big hats, chaps, and high heels.
Wow; what a wonderfully short-sighted, inconsiderate, and inaccurate (not to mention off-topic and slightly homophobic) comment you have bestowed upon us!

I do not like George W. Bush and never did, but he did not bankrupt the entire country; that was done via corporate greed, which has been around since long before either you or I were born. Besides, I do not understand what finances have to do with your statement about "where this happened"; are you arguing that all Texans are morally bankrupt, or greedy? Either is irrelevant to whatever point it was that you were trying to make.

The "Brokeback Mountain" comment was little more than an ignorant dig at people and a place that you have no knowledge or understanding about. Saying "not that there's anything wrong with being gay" after using it as a pejorative also makes you a bit of a hypocrite; it's akin to laughing at someone for having a handicap but following the laughter with "not that there's anything wrong with it". And the bit about "entitlement" was just bizarre; entitlement to what? The ability to be gay? To be in the closet? The group discount at IHOP? What?

As far as the remark about "big hats" and "chaps", I own neither nor do I know anybody who does. But if I did, you can rest assured that I would indeed wear them proudly because yes, I am proud to be a Texan, and an American, where I am guaranteed the freedom to do so.

By the way; wasn't Brokeback Mountain set in Wyoming?

Last edited by lothartheterrible; 05-06-2009 at 09:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 11:56 AM

898 posts, read 2,562,989 times
Don't feed the trolls. And there is a special place in Hell for someone that takes people's life savings and spends to on themselves under the guise of the law.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:01 PM

1,560 posts, read 1,263,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Don't feed the trolls. And there is a special place in Hell for someone that takes people's life savings and spends to on themselves under the guise of the law.
Yeah, I came to that realization after it was too late to delete the post.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:37 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,306 times
Did you know Tenaha, TX chief police officer is Black and most of the officers are too?

I think U.S. 59 is a major drug trafficking in the world.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:22 AM

2 posts, read 4,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
Did you know Tenaha, TX chief police officer is Black and most of the officers are too?

I think U.S. 59 is a major drug trafficking in the world.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???

Old 05-30-2009, 05:32 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choderus View Post
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???

Yep.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:32 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
The chicago tribune... the bastion of journalism...

lets see PROOF.. instead of allegations.. not anecdotal stories from proclaimed innocent grandmothers.. but proof...

Forfeiture laws are excellent for putting a hurting on drug dealers

If a department is abusing them the feds will step in, happily, so that some young hotshot AG can make a name for themselves to get a federal judgeship.....

Lets see.... if I work the ghetto Im going to stop minorities,,, hmmm,, and if your white Im going to stop you immediately because you are
a) a lost tourist waiting to be the next victim
b) A doper looking to score
C) A crook looking to hook up

We are BAGGING on the police because they are doing a great job.... I think this forum is getting polluted with liberal thinkers who react with emotion and not fact..

Lets see HOW the investigation plays out... and if the coppers are wrong... THEN fry them.. but dont be so quick to heat the skillet just yet...

Old 05-30-2009, 10:47 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times
Tenaha has the most delicious crystal meth........i never tried it dont worry...thats just what they say on their youtube videos

Old 07-07-2010, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleTX View Post
Tenaha is right on the Louisiana border in deep East Texas. Lots of meth labs and drug traffic in the area.
i just wish some of you would live here for awhile befor you start saying crap about this town like this. i have lived here for 2 years and 90% of the people i have met are nice people and drug free!!!!!!! and did you know the % of white and black people is only a .3 there are 47.4% blacks and 47.7% whites so get over it and stop putting this small town down if you do not like it then go around it!

Old 07-07-2010, 03:39 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
the post is from over a year ago--no one would be paying any attention to it if you had not reposted on it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas