Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:34 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I've gotten to the point that I'm totally ignoring him and I wish everyone else would as well and maybe he would just go away. Kind of like I am now going to do w/ this thread. I have no use for people that want to try to stir up crap.
You know, I think you're right, I was definitely getting the feeling of being a fish that was rising to bait.

If no fish rise, in my experience, the wise fisherman moves on to someplace where the fish do bite. Wonder if that's what's happened here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 07:25 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Are you Bush? or a Texas Republican? If so, than you may or may not want to read my comments & others on the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum about Bush and those who support him.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/

That is very different than what I keep repeating. Over and out Forget it!
No, I am NOT Bush. I am also not classified as a "Texas Republican". I was myself in attendance and a primary rep for my congressional district that the district Democratic Convention. My-my. Don't you seem to be the stereotypical out-of-state misinformed person like we have seen so many of. Just because I am a Native Texan, something that George W. IS NOT, does not mean that I vote straight Republican. Geez, and unbeknownst to many most of Dallas County was heavy Democrat. LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
You know, I think you're right, I was definitely getting the feeling of being a fish that was rising to bait.

If no fish rise, in my experience, the wise fisherman moves on to someplace where the fish do bite. Wonder if that's what's happened here?

I know, and i just answered the fool. Oh well. I felt the urge since they did respond back w/ the typical 'tude that they know ALL about US.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
No, I am NOT Bush. I am also not classified as a "Texas Republican". I was myself in attendance and a primary rep for my congressional district that the district Democratic Convention. My-my. Don't you seem to be the stereotypical out-of-state misinformed person like we have seen so many of. Just because I am a Native Texan, something that George W. IS NOT, does not mean that I vote straight Republican. Geez, and unbeknownst to many most of Dallas County was heavy Democrat. LOL!!!
Right on, sister I know the large cities in Texas are mostly Democratic. Now we need to get the rest of the state to leave the nasty GOP!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:59 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Right on, sister I know the large cities in Texas are mostly Democratic. Now we need to get the rest of the state to leave the nasty GOP!
"We need" to leave the rest of the state right where they are. By the way, anyone who calls you a "Looney Leftist" or wishes a tsunami to hit California and kill her people is a bit off his or her rocker. In all of my years, I have never heard of a tsunami to hit the coast of CA anyway so the fool won't get his or her wish and looney isn't necessary to use with leftist.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:00 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,575,994 times
Happ, you still haven't answered about how bashing Texas on the General US forum is any better than coming on the Texas board and doing it, but wait.... you've done that too...... I still want to hear your answer.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:13 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Happ, you still haven't answered about how bashing Texas on the General US forum is any better than coming on the Texas board and doing it, but wait.... you've done that too...... I still want to hear your answer.
How many times do I have to repeat myself? Do you speak poorly of a person to their face or privately so as to not offend them? When people visit Texas from California they never criticize or put down Texas politically because that is not being gracious. But behind closed doors you might want to express misgivings.

On a political forum the subject is how states vote & Texas gets a lot of criticism for voting Republican. That's why it is great that Texas is going back to its Democratic roots

Old 03-30-2009, 08:20 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
Funny how it's getting lots of criticism for voting Republican when it's one of the few states around right now that isn't going straight down the toilet and lots of people fleeing Democratic states are coming here.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Funny how it's getting lots of criticism for voting Republican when it's one of the few states around right now that isn't going straight down the toilet and lots of people fleeing Democratic states are coming here.
Yes, and that's probably the only way happ will get his or her wish of Texas returning to her "Democratic roots." What a pity that will be!!

Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
I love California. It's beautiful. I don't particularly care for the Californians I've met. I've found them to be very superficial, shallow, overly consumeristic and anti intellectual. I can't say I dislike ALL Californians, just the ones I've met. The fact that they cashed out before the bubble burst and came to Austin to buy up expensive houses and not live off their equity is kind of annoying, too.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I love California. It's beautiful. I don't particularly care for the Californians I've met. I've found them to be very superficial, shallow, overly consumeristic and anti intellectual. I can't say I dislike ALL Californians, just the ones I've met. The fact that they cashed out before the bubble burst and came to Austin to buy up expensive houses and not live off their equity is kind of annoying, too.
From what you say, California has certainly changed in the past 30 years. I hate to hear her people described as such because they were not like that years ago. I guess any populated place has its share of undesirable residents. I have friends and family there and I can assure you they are not like that which you describe. You are right; it is beautiful and its people shouldn't make one think of it as a sorry place, but unfortunately, it's the people that ruin places faster than anything, hence making it a sorry place in this day and age. Of course, those I know would beg to differ with any of us who think that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas