Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:14 AM

98 posts, read 220,633 times

Advertisements

I like it...

Your thoughts on this event? Will there be a big turnout? Will it fizzle?

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 04-15-2009 at 09:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,292,489 times
drama queens

Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,632,523 times
I think its a great idea whether it succeeds or fails........protesting is one of our rights we have and we should use it when necessary.
Drama Queens? Hardly! People protesting excessive taxation and government spend are no more "dramatic" than those protesting war!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:37 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,304,323 times
I support all type of peaceful protest, because that's part of democracy
I just don't like it when a national news media is the one pushing for those protests instead of just average people.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM

898 posts, read 2,564,035 times
It kind of annoys me that "conservatives" didn't feel this way when Bush was spending like a madman, but it's still nice to see the opposition. Hope everything goes well today

Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
You forget - people DID feel this way when Bush was President and the Republicans ran Congress. We voted them out and listen to the false promises of the Democrats that they would be better - they would bring "change".

They didn't, things are getting worse, not better . The "people" have few options. We can wait for another 18 months and "vote" again but look at what's happening in the meantime. Out of control deficits, the largest spending bill in our history that nobody ever READ, a Trillion dollar Budget and proposed legislation that will more than double our energy bill.

Anyone who thinks the Tea Parties are only about "conservatives" is simply not paying attention. People are saying ENOUGH of these bailouts, bonuses, out of control spending, printing money.

As to the Texas Tea Parties - Texas is holding more than any other state in the union, 68. I think these events are aimed more at Congress than at the President. Congress is in control of writing and passing the bills - the President can ask but it is Congress that provides.

I don't like what they are providing - I'm attending a Tea Party to say that.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 PM

898 posts, read 2,564,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You forget - people DID feel this way when Bush was President and the Republicans ran Congress. We voted them out and listen to the false promises of the Democrats that they would be better - they would bring "change".

They didn't, things are getting worse, not better . The "people" have few options. We can wait for another 18 months and "vote" again but look at what's happening in the meantime. Out of control deficits, the largest spending bill in our history that nobody ever READ, a Trillion dollar Budget and proposed legislation that will more than double our energy bill.

Anyone who thinks the Tea Parties are only about "conservatives" is simply not paying attention. People are saying ENOUGH of these bailouts, bonuses, out of control spending, printing money.

As to the Texas Tea Parties - Texas is holding more than any other state in the union, 68. I think these events are aimed more at Congress than at the President. Congress is in control of writing and passing the bills - the President can ask but it is Congress that provides.

Oh I know some conservatives spoke up during the Bush admin. but the number was very low until the last few days. The thing that bothers me is Fox News and Republican leaders using the tea parties to their advantage. Oh well, any speaking out against out of control spending and taxation is fine by me.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:34 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,716,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
The thing that bothers me is Fox News and Republican leaders using the tea parties to their advantage.
You should know by now that each media outlet is going to take sides: MSNBC/Liberal/Democrats, CNN/Democrats, Fox/Independents/Conservatives.

Get used to it.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:17 PM

96 posts, read 207,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Get real, everybody knows that this event is nothing more than another failed attempt to bash President Obama. Polls show that the majority of Americans Approve of Obama's budget. The reason why Texas is holding so many, is because TX is probably the Largest Red state. One day you will wake up, look at the major sponsors of these events, and realize that this was all just a sham to try and establish a Republican base.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,903,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Oh I know some conservatives spoke up during the Bush admin. but the number was very low until the last few days. The thing that bothers me is Fox News and Republican leaders using the tea parties to their advantage. Oh well, any speaking out against out of control spending and taxation is fine by me.
I see Governor Unaccountable is also using the microphone to bolster support for his re-election in 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas