U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 11:20 AM

6 posts, read 16,618 times

Advertisements

Humm Red Oak? Have not heard of that one Yet. I will look that one up. We did hear yesterday about a place called Kennedale. Maybe he should look south due to the information I am getting about the traffic North of Arlington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 11:25 AM

6 posts, read 16,618 times
I did not know about the road work that is going to tie things up for the next 5 yrs. Ouch! Don't think I want my hubby in the car for hours. Too bad Argyle schools were looking inticing. Good according to Schooldigger.com and small for the kids. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:45 PM

36,943 posts, read 58,267,640 times
google a map with your husband's work address and look at the towns that show up on the map--
use the direction check to check the mileage--at least for the towns themselves...

I think you need to get general grasp of geography locally...and you can add probably 15-20 min to what ever Google gives as drive time each way for rush hour/construction/and getting to the freeway minutues...

then when you find something in your drive time window--do a search in Fort Worth or Dallas boards (dpending on if the town is Tarrant or Dallas county)

Old 06-09-2010, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,815 times
Argyle is not a nice small town if you are a middle-class family. The rich are vicious here, and there are alot of them. There are way too many rich wives here with too much time on their hands. They don't have to work for a living like the rest of us so the only other thing to do is stir up trouble. I would never recommend living here. Children that come from families without money are treated terribly by children whose families are wealthy, and some of the parents seem to encourage this behavior. Steer clear!

Old 06-09-2010, 03:35 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,130,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTxGirl38 View Post
Argyle is not a nice small town if you are a middle-class family. The rich are vicious here, and there are alot of them. There are way too many rich wives here with too much time on their hands. They don't have to work for a living like the rest of us so the only other thing to do is stir up trouble. I would never recommend living here. Children that come from families without money are treated terribly by children whose families are wealthy, and some of the parents seem to encourage this behavior. Steer clear!

Apparently someone had a bad experience with mean kids.

Argyle is a very nice place. Mean kids are everywhere.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 920 times
Actually, RocketTxGirl's description seems to be pretty accurate as far as I'm concerned. There are alot of upper class, and they do seem to treat people as if they are better than everyone else. I know I've personally been treated with disrespect from the people here on many occasions. I wouldn't recommend Argyle either. There are alot of nice small towns nearby though.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:50 PM

77,784 posts, read 102,198,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janbug View Post
Humm Red Oak? Have not heard of that one Yet. I will look that one up. We did hear yesterday about a place called Kennedale. Maybe he should look south due to the information I am getting about the traffic North of Arlington.
If schools are important to you check out Coppell. So you have even a 45 min commute, that isn't nearly as long as many people have and there aren't many areas in the DFW area that are nicer or more family oriented.

Nita

Old 06-26-2010, 09:34 PM

5,086 posts, read 7,237,501 times
Arlington is a big place. If Hubby is working in south Arlington then you might want to look south to the Mansfield area. Lots of growth happening there, good schools, and a bit more middle class than the suburbs north of Arlington like Colleyville and Southlake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas