U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 PM

5 posts, read 13,840 times

Advertisements

My comment would be its ok to bare arms to protect us. But the thugs that get them and harm people thats a different subject. Those need to be removed from their hands. Then there or those that I have dwelt with in a rural part of Texas. The bad thing is its a residential area outside of the County. My neighbor has the rights to shoot all day long if he likes. It to close in our area. I do wish they had a place that he could go and practice and not bother the rest of us his neighbors. Actually its to close for comfort especially when he has been threatening my pets and making all this ruckus just to disturb me. There are others that even work in lawyers offices that cannot do anything about their distruptive neighbors. As for as I am concerned someone needs to check him out and see if he has a loose screw. He has no regards for his neighbors. That would be the time I would think the laws need to be adjusted. The right to peace and quiet and that is one reason I live in the country. Now if I had more acerage between us that may help. But I don't and rebuilt after a major hurricane. I certainly don't have the money to move and I am not letting him chase me away from my home. You should see the thing he lives in called a house. Use some of that money to fix it up. But he rather terrorize his neighbors.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 11:07 PM

5,007 posts, read 14,435,210 times
I think the only rational response is obviously to get bigger and better guns than he has.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,660,594 times
The problem with criminals with gun isn't with guns, it's with criminals.

The problem with your neighbor's guns isn't his guns, its him and your relationship to him.

Guns are inanimate objects, amoral and unmotivated. It is *always* the person behind the gun that chooses to do wrong.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:35 PM

593 posts, read 1,290,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
The problem with criminals with gun isn't with guns, it's with criminals.

The problem with your neighbor's guns isn't his guns, its him and your relationship to him.

Guns are inanimate objects, amoral and unmotivated. It is *always* the person behind the gun that chooses to do wrong.

I agree. If you got problems with your neighbor, then get yourself a gun and let his dogs, cats, etc. know it too.

I don't agree that we need laws outside the city in rural neighborhoods governing what everybody does on their own property. If others in your community feel the same way as you then ask the state for a city charter and pass your own laws and pay for your own city council and whatever else your city would need.

As far as checking him out psychologically, someone should check you out for suggesting that we legislate one more thing in Texas. Really, we need less government not more. Sounds to me like you just don't want to deal with or are too scared to deal with your neighbor.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:15 PM

42,661 posts, read 81,714,061 times
There is no law against having a loose screw, not even in Texas. I bet yours are not all countersunk and snugged down according to torque specs, either.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:34 PM

86,053 posts, read 79,961,971 times
Excellent suggestion ATX..let them incorporate their few blocks into their own city and outlaw guns inside THEIR city limits.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:45 PM

5 posts, read 13,840 times
Thanks for the input on gun laws. We all have opinions and yes I am dealing with my neighbor.

Last edited by didis56000; 04-30-2009 at 07:05 PM..

Old 04-30-2009, 07:07 PM

468 posts, read 1,153,857 times
People fear angry dogs more than they fear guns.. at least in LA.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:03 AM

157 posts, read 309,291 times
If your neighbor is doing this to irritate you, and you get tougher gun laws passed, he will find other ways to irritate you. Then all you have done is impose tougher gun laws on the rest of the people.

I'll bet there are already laws on the books that address this problem but as usual they are not enforced. So why pass more that only affect the rest of the public? Is he out there shooting late at night? Then enforce the noise ordinances, or Breach of Peace laws. Does he shoot in the direction of your house? How close are you? That can be Reckless Endangerment. Etc, etc.

The government doesnt want to take 'guns off the street' like they say they do. They want to take them out of the home. The only people that will abide by tougher gun laws are law abiding citizens. Eventualy the only people with the guns will be the cops and the robbers.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:28 PM

10,444 posts, read 47,771,264 times
Since when do laws stop people from doing as they please? We do not need any new laws of any kind. There are already more laws then any society who calls themself free need.

Pizz on the law and those domestic terrorists who are supposed to enforce them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>