Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the best city in Texas?
Houston 63 19.50%
San Antonio 71 21.98%
Dallas 75 23.22%
Austin 66 20.43%
Fort Worth 24 7.43%
El Paso 5 1.55%
Corpus Christi 12 3.72%
Lubbock 8 2.48%
Arlington 3 0.93%
Other 23 7.12%
All 1 0.31%
None (The Hank Hill Mentallity) 20 6.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:29 PM

5 posts, read 11,084 times

Advertisements

Austin should be by far the best and why Lubbock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 06:30 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,974,972 times
San Antonio

Old 08-30-2010, 06:35 PM

go austin

Old 08-30-2010, 06:43 PM

Austin is somunch better than San Antonio,i know SA has some sightscing but Austin i still sow munch better with hippeys a billion clubs and alot more

Old 08-30-2010, 06:46 PM

Default why

why Astin is somuch better

Old 08-30-2010, 10:44 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramshovlin View Post
Austin is somunch better than San Antonio,i know SA has some sightscing but Austin i still sow munch better with hippeys a billion clubs and alot more
I bet Austin has better schools than Aubrey, Texas.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:10 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,869,544 times
i didn't pick san antonio in this... but it's nice to see it in the lead. at least the city as a whole gets more love than their san antonio spurs.... i'm a huge fan of theirs.

but back to the topic, i enjoy visiting every city and have found that there is always something awesome about each city. only i'd prefer to live in austin because it's a place i can identify myself with a little better. and i could literally walk all over the city without a problem and still be close to home. i can even live without a vehicle here and still be able to get to places.... it's something that is less likely in other parts of texas. and that's why i love austin.... plus, oh the so many hippy girls!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 02:21 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,869,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramshovlin View Post
why Astin is somuch better
because of all the hippy girls showing lots and lots of skin! and all the clubs and bars in walking distance from each other.... austin just offers a different lifestyle that i don't think is any comparable to other cities. here in austin it's okay to be a dishwasher or a busser and living off of tips and still be living a decent life having lots of fun. there's like a network of friends here.... everybody knows everybody. here you can hang out with lawyers, cops, dentists, stoners, rastas, models, artists and actors all in one single night.

now i know that this isn't what makes a city entirely the greatest.... but for those who like to live this lifestyle this place is great. and as i've mentioned before every city has something that makes it great... for austin this is it.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:06 AM

437 posts, read 925,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denda View Post
I would vote for Lubbock. Very friendly people.

I would too. The people are very gracious. It has great medical facilities and is easy to navigate. Humidity and the cost of living are very low. It's also neat and clean. I love the music! You can find good live music somewhere every night-----the Depot District is an especially good time.
San Antonio comes in a close second. Beautiful city, feels much smaller than it really is.

Last edited by rr2005; 08-31-2010 at 09:28 AM..

Old 10-19-2010, 10:55 AM

12 posts, read 22,802 times
Lubbock! We are located in the Southern High Plains, and have some of the best weather in Texas. We have a reputation for sandstorms (ironic, yes?), but new methods of farming have lessened those to 1 or 2 in the Spring.
Weather aside, we are a city of 250,000, we are a medical hub with hospitals rivaling the best in the nation, but certainly better than most in other larger cities. We have Texas Tech University, with 30,000 students, a law school, a medical school and a school of nursing attached, along with Lubbock Christian University, Wayland Baptist University and South Plains College, and award winning Junior College.
We have a thriving arts district (we are the home of Buddy Holly), with an absolutely amazing local pool of talented bands and many venues where you can hear quality live music of any genre most nights. We have 5 independent local theater groups, symphony, opera, ballet, rodeo, and Broadway attractions coming through annualy.
We are a conservative to moderately conservative town with churches, banks and dentists on every corner, or so it seems! People are friendly and warm and will still stop to help someone stranded on the road. We have an old-fashioned respectfullness about us, and we are generous. We throw our city council members out whenever they break faith with the voters, and have had very little problems with racial strife or gangs.
We are flat as a pancake with great big sky and breathtaking sunsets! We are 1 hour from the fabulous Lake Alan Henry reservoir and 20 minutes from Buffalo Springs Lake.
If you haven't been to Lubbock, don't take Spookmeister's word for it, you should visit and give us a look!
God Bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas