U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2007, 05:35 PM

5 posts, read 19,942 times

Advertisements

I always here people from other states talk about the nice places in Texas, but if you ask a native Texan about another state, they'll rip it to shreds. I know there is pride down here, but I don't understand all the hate?
Rate this post positively

Old 04-07-2007, 05:41 PM

3,073 posts, read 10,981,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzle42 View Post
I always here people from other states talk about the nice places in Texas, but if you ask a native Texan about another state, they'll rip it to shreds. I know there is pride down here, but I don't understand all the hate?
It's only some people. Everybody else could care less.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:49 PM

14,874 posts, read 38,747,248 times
Quote:
Yep, that's right all the other states just LOVE Texas and never, ever bash it. hahahahahahaha, that's a good one. LOL!!! Venture on over to the California board and I'm pretty sure you will find plenty of people that feel the exact same way you do (and most have never set foot in Texas, LOL). Then ya'll can sit around all day on the beautiful beaches of San Diego and trade stories of how awful Texas and Texans are.

The people in Texas do not hate other states as many of us travel to those states for vacations and/or business we just prefer to live here. Who really cares anyway?

Old 04-07-2007, 11:46 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,666,312 times
Quote:
The only bashing I've ever heard about texans is that they think they are better than everyone else. This is just an examplef what I mean: I know a women who lives and in Costa Mesa, she told me how much whe liked witchita falls and how it was a neat little town. Not even many texans like that city.
Comparing Costa Mesa to Wichita Falls...Yikes! I would definitely take CM.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:04 AM

3,494 posts, read 13,329,544 times
i dont "hate" other states, i just think that that the Lonestar State is the best place in the USA. if Texas didnt exist, then i would probably choose NM, WY, MT, or OK...........
like the old saying goes, it's hard to be humble when you're a Texan

Old 04-08-2007, 08:58 AM

2,761 posts, read 4,875,590 times
Ahhh, Texas, It's truly a state of mind.

My family's been here for generations. My Mother had gone to New York City to be with my Daddy back in WWII when he was stationed up here. She was pregnant with my older sister and when some of the native New Yorkers told her how great it was going to be that her child would be borned in New York City and therefore be a New Yorker, she let them know right quick that, Lord no, she was going back to Texas to have her baby and she did!!

Old 04-08-2007, 10:20 AM

216 posts, read 858,593 times
The same reason we all carry six shooters, have oil wells in our backyards, ride our horses down dirt roads, dodge tumbleweeds on our way out back to the water well, and feed our cows on the back forty ....

My wife and I have family in California, Arizona, Oregon, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Mississippi, Ohio, North Carolina, Tennessee, Massachusetts, and even New York City. We don't dislike them or the states they live in.

Just another fabricated legend created by those who watched way too much of J.R. and the series Dallas, or aren't fortunate enough to be Texans.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:23 PM

321 posts, read 1,359,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
i dont "hate" other states, i just think that that the Lonestar State is the best place in the USA. if Texas didnt exist, then i would probably choose NM, WY, MT, or OK...........
like the old saying goes, it's hard to be humble when you're a Texan
I agree.... just because Texas was a country unto itself before it became a state makes Texans feel very independent and strong that we can stand on our own. Its pride... It has nothing to do with other states.... We love our history and our life here.. Nothing wrong with that!

Old 04-08-2007, 02:25 PM

321 posts, read 1,359,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Ahhh, Texas, It's truly a state of mind.

My family's been here for generations. My Mother had gone to New York City to be with my Daddy back in WWII when he was stationed up here. She was pregnant with my older sister and when some of the native New Yorkers told her how great it was going to be that her child would be borned in New York City and therefore be a New Yorker, she let them know right quick that, Lord no, she was going back to Texas to have her baby and she did!!
Well stated.. Texas is a state of mind! My daughter lives in Manhatten but she will always be a Texan. All 6 feet of her in heels..

Old 04-08-2007, 02:50 PM

3,035 posts, read 13,558,211 times
Most Californians wouldn't dream of living anywhere else.

Texans are the same way.

Two very large states with lots of very proud people.

If you say 'well why are there so many people moving to TX from CA'

First off, CA is the size of alot of small countries, so it's not that many in the grand scheme of things. Also, for those that are moving, I think that is now more out of necessity (priced out of market, jobs, moving back to be with family, etc.) than desire to leave CA. However, these people will come to TX and most will assimilate over time. Then, the migratory effect will probably shift again once the home prices in CA come down and the job market catches up to TX.

There will always be people that migrate through the US in search of the right city for that particular point in their lives.

Where the complaining is heard is from people that migrate and do not expect to have to give anything up...it just doesn't work that way as there are trade-offs wherever you go and no 1 place is utopia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or