Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 12:27 AM

16,505 posts, read 26,102,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Its their most famed attraction...Its what they are known for.Even people who havent been to N.O know about Bourbon street....Its the first thing out of people mouth when discussing N.O....Yall know that!!!!...the other stuff is there but they're not attractions i.e Six Flags,Washington monument, Hoover Dam etc...Im not saying N.O is boring guys....Its just not a tourist city.
Just. Stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 12:44 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,385,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Just. Stop.
no you get real.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 AM

998 posts, read 1,317,144 times
Quote:
I have been to Bourbon street(multiple time in one visit).Hoever it was the only thing to do.Dallas has MANY attractions that I too can list for you but they are more popular with the locals not tourist(Hence why Dallas is still not known as a Tourist city).
And Yes Bourbon street could be considered an attraction...the only attraction...which appeals to a small demographic of people..similar to how 6th street is to Austin...Does EVERYBODY visit Bourbon and 6th street in N.O and Austn??...You Bet!!..but does that mean it automatically qualify a city as being a "Tourist City"?...No sir...Millions of people visit the state fair in Dallas.Does that qualify Dallas as being a Tourist city???...No.My point is that every city has festivals that are big; N.O does not have the monopoly on that.
You can't possibly be serious dude. Dallas is no where near the level of New Orleans when it comes to tourism. You lose all credibility even saying that. You're setting Dallas up to get embarassed. Tourism is the one industry that New Orleans certainly does better than any city in the South. Theres a reason why New Orleans has hosted multiple superbowls, final fours, a world's fair,etc. Its a city that people actually want to go to (and no, im not talking about business travel).

Old 07-27-2012, 05:27 AM

1,534 posts, read 2,753,208 times
Quote:
Its their most famed attraction...Its what they are known for.Even people who havent been to N.O know about Bourbon street....Its the first thing out of people mouth when discussing N.O....Yall know that!!!!...the other stuff is there but they're not attractions i.e Six Flags,Washington monument, Hoover Dam etc...Im not saying N.O is boring guys....Its just not a tourist city.
Nairobi is right - you really have no clue. When I am being a tourist in New Orleans, I do my best to avoid Bourbon Street.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:38 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,598,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
You can't possibly be serious dude. Dallas is no where near the level of New Orleans when it comes to tourism. You lose all credibility even saying that. You're setting Dallas up to get embarassed. Tourism is the one industry that New Orleans certainly does better than any city in the South. Theres a reason why New Orleans has hosted multiple superbowls, final fours, a world's fair,etc. Its a city that people actually want to go to (and no, im not talking about business travel).
I would say Miami is probably bigger than New Orleans in tourism. Both blow Dallas and Houston out of the water when it comes to tourism.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:28 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,385,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
I am NOT saying Dallas is better than New Orleans!!!!!!!!!!..In fact Im not even comparing the two at all.I used Dallas as an example of how you can have big events that draw millions of people and STILL NOT BE COSIDERED A TOURIST CITY....damn!!!....read people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas