Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutarian View Post
Muhnay...why do you take everything so personal?
"its to the death..and will involve my gun" ...seriously..you can't take a joke? Anyway...before you could draw your gun I would take you out with my lutarianjitsu....LOL!!!!!!!!!
See, here is another person saying I don't have a sense of humor.. I have tried and tried to show it.. but I guess it just does not come across.

Oh and Son, don't kid yourself.. your not that cool, quick, or tough. Besides you missed the point of what I had to say by a Texas Mile.

Last edited by Muhnay; 07-08-2008 at 01:12 PM..

Old 07-08-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Just an FYI~you'd be surprised to know that nearly every single post is read by a mod.

To answer the question~there is no way to block a member from a certain area. They are always making improvements so the day may come, but it's not here yet.
What a great day that will be huh Jammie. =)

Old 07-08-2008, 12:46 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
What a great day that will be huh Jammie. =)
You have heard the saying, "if you give them enough rope, they'll eventually hang themselves."

Old 07-08-2008, 01:50 PM

196 posts, read 640,695 times
Oh please Muhnay. There you go again.

You stated "Oh and Son, don't kid yourself.. your not that cool, quick, or tough"

First of all. I am in my 40's. Second of all...you know nothing about me so you don't know how "cool, quick or tough" I am or am not.

I tried to make light of things but you think you are a mister know it all and tough guy so I am done being nice to you.

I guess you don't remember me do you? Think you are all big and bad because you worked with the DEA?

Old 07-08-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Oh please Muhnay. There you go again.

You stated "Oh and Son, don't kid yourself.. your not that cool, quick, or tough"

First of all. I am in my 40's. Second of all...you know nothing about me so you don't know how "cool, quick or tough" I am or am not.

I tried to make light of things but you think you are a mister know it all and tough guy so I am done being nice to you.

I guess you don't remember me do you? Think you are all big and bad because you worked with the DEA?
I never worked for the DEA. Now go back and read what you just said to me, and apply it to yourself.. and then you'll figure out your whole problem.

I don't remember you.. thats how important you are in my life.

Now can you please get back on topic, or leave.. this back and forth stuff is getting old, and I am sure many here are quite bored with it by now. Besides an Admin will be by to warn us to chill or actions will be taken.. so lets do them a favor and move on, so they don't have to pull out the whipping stick.. ok?

Old 07-08-2008, 04:23 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Have a spare room ready for me.. =) Good luck in Utah. I think you will enjoy it. Buy that ladies house, the view she has is outstanding. make sure to let me/us know where you end up out there, and what your impressions are. ok?
I am sure I will love it.....mainly because I will be closer to my kids. I would love to buy that ladies house but it's out of my price range till the home is sold here. I will let you know how I like it but won't be moving there for three years. Am visiting in August to look at homes.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:22 PM

874 posts, read 2,894,268 times
Quote:
So no place more beautiful then Texas and no place with lower cost of living then TX uh? Have you guys done any intense travelling or lived anywhere else? Seriously. Just off the top of my head I can name Arkansas, TN, Kentucky, Ohio...and that is without even thinking...those places have a lower cost of living then Texas.

As for more beautiful. Northern California, Washington State, Western Montana, Arkansas, TN, Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maryland...I could go on and on.
I find it very difficult to see a way to do a true cost of living comparison between states; I know such comparisons do exist, but I don't know if I agree that they paint a true picture. It is much easier and makes more sense to compare cost of living between cities. Texas is so expansive and has a combination of major cities, medium-sized cities, small towns... How could there be one cost of living for all of Texas? Yes, the cost of living can be averaged among all cities in Texas, but that doesn't seem to be wholly accurate. For example, one site gives the cost of living index for Dallas as 93 and Beaumont as 75. That's a pretty big different just between 2 cities here.

Also, of course the perception of beauty is different for each individual. The point some posters are trying to make is that Texas has such a wide variety of climate, vistas, terrains, landforms, etc. that many people could easily find someplace that is beautiful for them. Texas can be broken into major regions, each with its own attributes. You have done the same in this post when stating that Northern California and Western Montana are more beautiful than Texas. So perhaps someone can find stunning beauty in one area of Texas and not like much of the view in another; to this person, Texas is still beautiful because their part of Texas is beautiful.

Last edited by buffy888; 07-08-2008 at 07:33 PM..

Old 07-08-2008, 09:00 PM

415 posts, read 506,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
If TN is so great then why did everyone abandon it and paint "GTT" on their doors?
And why is it not growing like gangbusters like Texas is? Hell, Houston and DFW grew faster than it from 2000-2007, and DFW will be larger than the entire state by next year, with Houston around 2011.

Someone sent me a DM saying how Texas is not the cheapest state and that so many states are cheaper than it. I sent him a link showing Texas #2 behind Oklahoma.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:25 PM

196 posts, read 640,695 times
Texas is not #2. No state tax. Ok. Higher housing, taxes, insurance, utilities does not equal lower cost.

Many states are lower but who cares. I have houses in a few but believe what you want.

One link showing Texas has number 2 means nothing. I could show you links that would not agree with that so whatever. I see that you Kofi/13 are one of those Texans that can't admit anything and are blinded.

Muhnay. Your arrogance astounds me. Please don't speak to me ever again.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:34 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:

Muhnay. Your arrogance astounds me. Please don't speak to me ever again.

You're hilarious, and I'm getting a chuckle from this silliness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas