Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:57 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
^ I don't think many people in the Dallas area mind having Oklahoma nearby.

Oklahoma only 3-4 hours northeast of DFW
Nah, I'll take the beach.
And Galveston is such a quirky jewel of a town, really unique.

Besides, you can drive 2-3 hours west of Houston to the Texas hill country and get much prettier (IMO) than Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post

Besides, you can drive 2-3 hours west of Houston to the Texas hill country and get much prettier (IMO) than Oklahoma.
To say the Texas Hill Country is much prettier than the heavily forested Southern Ozarks of Oklahoma is definately an opinion call.

Last edited by First24; 06-08-2009 at 11:29 AM..

Old 06-08-2009, 01:14 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
To say the Texas Hill Country is much prettier than the heavily forested Southern Ozarks of Oklahoma is definately an opinion call.

NO joke. I find no beauty in the Hill Country. Either you like green and lush or scrub brush and dust. People just like different things. BIMHO,now that the Hill Country is dotted with Ranchettes and Subdivisons, it's really lost it's charm.

Last edited by EasilyAmused; 06-08-2009 at 01:30 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 01:24 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,592,390 times
Quote:

The Hill Country is just as close to Dallas as it is to Houston.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
The Hill Country is just as close to Dallas as it is to Houston.
Almost.

Even so, I'll take the beach over the hill country. Else, I would have just stayed in Austin. Again, just another personal preference.

You guys can have your Oklahoma. I'll take the "no beauty" Texas hill country and stay in this great state for my weekend trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Houston Suburbs vs DFW Suburbs-texashillcountry.jpg   Houston Suburbs vs DFW Suburbs-texashillcountryfall.jpg   Houston Suburbs vs DFW Suburbs-texashillcountrytrees.jpg  

Old 06-08-2009, 02:18 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,669 times
Quote:
Almost.

Even so, I'll take the beach over the hill country. Else, I would have just stayed in Austin. Again, just another personal preference.

You guys can have your Oklahoma. I'll take the "no beauty" Texas hill country and stay in this great state for my weekend trips.
Awe, how full of Texas pride you are.

< sing > Texas, our Texas! All hail the mighty State!
< sing > Texas, our Texas! So wonderful so great!

The point of my response to TNRyan23 was to denote that Dallas being close to Oklahoma can be an asset, as that State has some beautiful areas to visit.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:21 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
Quote:
Almost.

Where was that third picture taken? That almost looks like something you'd find in New Mexico or Colorado.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:31 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Almost.

Are you sure that third picture is the hill country??? Looks like nothing in TX lol

Old 06-08-2009, 02:36 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
There's a pretty interesting pine tree species in that shot for Texas.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 PM

They were all off central TX info sites.

Go west of Austin/San Antonio, between the two, you'll see scenes like these (when there's not a drought).

Anyway, looks like yet another thread hijacked and going off topic, with some of the same offenders so I should have known better.

I stand by my original reply that the two cities have similar suburbs, but that Houston's have more variety IMO due to its geographical location near the pine forests and Gulf coast. Other than that, I'm done with this thread. Have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas