Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,455 times

Advertisements

Michael Jackson........nuff said.

Farrah on the other hand was just about every teenage boy's dream.
I had that famous poster hung on the inside of my bedroom door.
Boy I sure hated opening that door.

RIP Angel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 12:24 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
Yeah, I'm more affected by Farrah's passing than Michael's. She put up a courageous battle with cancer, while MJ just had a heart attack. And what a dish, indeed! She also made a couple of really good movies after Charlie's Angels. MJ was just too freaky for me, although he could surely dance.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
....he decided to become almost a freak, if you will.

How about total freak? To me, he was just disgusting.
I guess some of us come from the same place. I agree with you as usual. He was pretty much after my time, thus I can't judge his talent but other than that I have no feelings for him. This doesn't mean his death isn't sad for his family, but when people are carrying on about how much they loved him and will miss him forever, I wonder about them???? Maybe to some, loving his music and loving him are the same. To me, loving a person or animal is to know them...

Nita

Old 06-26-2009, 07:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Fox news tonight: Bill O'Reilly, at least; seemed to give equal coverage of them all. And even "So You think you can dance" (Nigel) mentioned all 3 of them. Of course, they started to play a mj video right before the commercial break. But he did mention meeting Farrah several months ago and she taught him how to make pecan pie.
The Fox news tonight must have been the second one, (repeat of O'Reilly) I say that because the normal, 1st hour which we watch was pre-empted. that and Sean...to cover MJ. Unless, only the first 1/2 was pre-emted and I switched to something else, which I did do.

Nita

Old 06-26-2009, 09:55 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,873,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess some of us come from the same place. I agree with you as usual. He was pretty much after my time, thus I can't judge his talent but other than that I have no feelings for him. This doesn't mean his death isn't sad for his family, but when people are carrying on about how much they loved him and will miss him forever, I wonder about them???? Maybe to some, loving his music and loving him are the same. To me, loving a person or animal is to know them...

Nita
I think the unexpectedness of Jackson's passing trumped Farrah and Ed McMahon... as sad as it was, Farrah's death was not the same kind of surprise.

Also, Jackson's fame was worldwide. I think he was the most famous person on the planet. Farrah, not so much.

I do feel some compassion for him, because whatever he became that so many people found strange disgusting -- it was ultimately a result of fame and exposure (and possibly exploitation) since childhood. In retrospect, you can almost understand his strange attempt to keep his children masked in public. At least they could walk into a store or restaurant (without him, of course) and perhaps have some semblance of a normal experience.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:01 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,488,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Does anyone find it weird though how they kind of ignored her story after the new of Michael Jackson came?
When Farrah Fawcett got to heaven, St Pete told her that she'd be granted one wish. Her wish was for all the children of the world to be safe. A few seconds later, Michael Jackson died.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:05 AM

38 posts, read 113,393 times
I think the Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson deaths are connected. Whats the connection?? Ryan Oneail. He was married to Farrah and his daughter Tatum use to date Michael Jackson.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:47 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejonestexas View Post
I think the Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson deaths are connected. Whats the connection?? Ryan Oneail. He was married to Farrah and his daughter Tatum use to date Michael Jackson.
Yeah, I thought of that "six degrees of separation" thing last night when watching a special on TV. I had forgotten that Michael dated Tatum.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:24 AM

1,621 posts, read 4,592,390 times
I'm only 19, but I've always though Farrah Fawcett was just gorgeous. She didn't really start showing her age until she got cancer--if you saw her in 2002 you'd never guess she was in her mid-50s.

She had the reputation of being knockout gorgeous across the state as far back as high school and college. Apparently, back when she was at UT the boys would just line up outside the Tri Delt house to try to get dates with her, and she was so nice that she didn't say no, so she'd have a date just about every night. One of my pledge brother's dad did that and got to take her to OU weekend one year--lucky guy.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:48 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,145,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Texas born Farrah Fawcett has died of cancer at 62. This is so sad to me. Despite some problems, she seemed to be a very sweet soul.

Yes she did seem to appear as a lovely sweet person and she will be greatly missed by all

R.I.P. Farrah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas