Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:35 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,359 times

Advertisements

When I went to junior high and high school in Livingston, Texas there is stories of an old 2-story house there that is supposedly haunted. Some of my friends went to it. One of them said they saw an Indian walking down the stairs of it and she and her other friends ran out quickly. And another story I heard was there was a piano there and it would play by itself (like a ghost is sitting there or something).

I never went to it, but I've heard about it. I have no idea where in Livingston it is located, sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 11:52 AM

222 posts, read 720,039 times
This is more urban legend rather than haunting, but when I was a kid (late 70s), my cousin chased and shot at what he thought was the "Hawley Him" that was scaring the horses on their land. I don't know if that legend still exists in Hawley or not.

As for hauntings, in Houston's bear creek park, there is supposedly some hauntings at the blue light cemetary (you see blue lights floating). Also, along Patterson Road near Bear Creek Park, the Langham Creek bridge is supposedly haunted. According to local legends, the ghosts of Civil War soldiers tap on your car if you park on the bridge with your lights out.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:13 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,607,655 times
Does anyone know the story of the closed bridge over in Arlington where those kids in the 80's supposedly drove off the bridge and they closed that road down? I know they closed that road and it's pretty eerie. A friend of mine and I actually visited this site one Halloween night a couple of years ago. It's off Greenbelt road I think.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:02 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,687,302 times
I had nearly forgotten about the Blue Light Cemetery! A friend of mine said she and a group of her friends had a scary experience there one night. It even involved the car stalling as they were trying to race out of there

Old 09-24-2009, 01:58 AM

34 posts, read 138,837 times
Big Springs has the Settles Hotel and the little building on the corner of Gregg Street and Sargent Paredez. Both places were used as brothels ironicly. There are also tales of Comanche lake hauntings with Native American spirits and one of the old high schools that is closed as well as the old Hogan-Malone Hospital and the state hospital and the veterans hospital and the old no longer used battered womens shelter building off of Scurry Street. All of these have a negative feel exept the entity at the veterans hospital, there one has a positve feel and the other to some has a negative feel but I find it to be neutral really.

Jefferson Texas holds many colorful legends also and the landscape ond town itself lends to this as it is a little on the "New Orleans gothic style" with bayous close. I feel a presence there when I walk those cobblestone streets. It has a positive feel also.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:22 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,238,122 times
There is Smileys grave in Garland. The plot is an entire family by the name of Smiley, the legend is the father killed his family before turning the gun on himself. The legend also says that if you lay on the grave some unseen force hold one down. The real truth is that the entire family died in a tornado.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:35 PM

1,560 posts, read 1,263,230 times
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the UTMB Face in Galveston.

Halloween's Unseen - Ghost Stories and Pictures

Old 01-25-2010, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 16,152 times
Question Hinkey

Does anyone remember the story of the "hinkey" in Oak Cliff back in the late 70's-80's? A teacher at D.A. Hulcey middle school would even tell the story of a man who crashed in the creek behind/near Birdie Alexander Elm.
i think the story was that the guys head had been decaptitated and the body wasn't found, so it roams the creek looking for it's body. A group of us witnessed something years ago that was explained of as a bear or the imagination of several people. We all saw it, and when was the last time anyone saw a bear in oak cliff?

Old 01-26-2010, 03:43 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,155 times
There is a story about a ghost called "ghost Betty" who haunts the Odessa High School auditorium. Her real name was Elizabeth and she was a student at OHS in the 60's. She was murdered by her boyfriend and he hid her body in a pond in Notrees. The boyfriend was acquitted of murder by reason of temporary insanity and supposedly Elizabeth wanted him to kill her.

For a while there was an urban legend that if you parked across the street from OHS and flashed your lights three times at midnight towards the auditorium (or honk your horn) then the auditorium lights would flash three times. Later, the windows of the auditorium where painted over then eventually bricked over when the building was remodeled.

Last edited by Lucidus; 01-26-2010 at 04:06 PM..

Old 01-27-2010, 04:20 AM

52,684 posts, read 47,937,079 times
Hey, guys, we might want to include this offering. It's a place where we don't know if there's any population at all.

Here's our link: Toyah Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas