Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Solis View Post
Yes, I would say that the 95% hispanic population down here where I live now has a direct correlation with the low divorce rate, and the high amount of kids that are willingly had by couples down here. Its kind of like how the US used to be in our grandfathers age, where couples would stay together forever, and had large families.

Seems to be a new trend in the US, small broken families, buy hey Bud Light is still cheap.

Btw, I am not anti anything, even though some may get that drift. I just tell it like I see it.
I think we all "tell it like we see it." Of course, we all don't see it the same way, but that's what makes the world go around.

This country is in a very sad state of affairs when people can't even raise their own children or if they do, they aren't doing a great job. Oh well, I raised mine, they're wonderful adults with morals and values that I greatly admire, and I needn't worry about others. By the way, I don't do alcohol, so I haven't a clue how cheap Bud Light is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM

185 posts, read 463,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I think we all "tell it like we see it." Of course, we all don't see it the same way, but that's what makes the world go around.

This country is in a very sad state of affairs when people can't even raise their own children or if they do, they aren't doing a great job. Oh well, I raised mine, they're wonderful adults with morals and values that I greatly admire, and I needn't worry about others. By the way, I don't do alcohol, so I haven't a clue how cheap Bud Light is.
I totally agree with you about parents not being what they used to be. Of course, I am generalizing, I mean of course there are great parents in all cities and states. But it seems there are way too many single parent homes, or homes where both parents work way too much, and kids are not getting the right messages and direction.

I, like you, do not worry about others business. However, when others consist of almost everyone else, then it could cause a problem for my extended family and friends. Its hard to raise kids to have morals and values that are admired, when every one and every thing around them appears to be without morals......morals and values have become old fashioned it seems.

But of course no one will really admit this...........of course I teach my kids morals and values, but morals and values of my choosing......or of MTV's and Myspaces, youtube, etc.

Whats the high school graduation rate now a days in US, about 50%. So only half the kids have the drive, ambition and discipline to even finish grammar school? But they know how to use the internet, so they'll be alright? And of course these high school dropouts make excellent parents, dont they? I mean, they know they can rely on foodstamps, housing, wic, medicare, and their Grandparents.........so why try right?

And just because its the 4th of July, almost. I'll say this, freedom can be abused. Seems the mindset in this country of ours now is, I can do whatever the heck I want to, I can raise my kids however I want to, I can get married as many times as I want to. I can lay on the couch as long as I want to. America is free, and it is the peoples choice how they wish to use or abuse this freedom.

Well Bud Light is not as cheap as Natural Light.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:05 PM

26 posts, read 79,235 times
Default Are Texas women wilder than women from all other states

I will tell you that Texas women are wild,beautiful and wonderful. They know who they are and are grounded. Be a man and treat your ladies with respect and friendship and you will be rewarded many times over! Do not put on the airs like many ignorant yankees do and you will do fine.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:56 PM

304 posts, read 1,326,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj04 View Post
I will tell you that Texas women are wild,beautiful and wonderful. They know who they are and are grounded. Be a man and treat your ladies with respect and friendship and you will be rewarded many times over! Do not put on the airs like many ignorant yankees do and you will do fine.

This is how Identify myself. I know who I am and even when jerks have to be intolerant and judgmental it only makes me more aware of what I have to offer. BTW, it's not that I need your approval: I have found my SO, who happens to be my best friend.

It's actually sad that I have to come up with a comeback because of the couple of ruded dudes on here. This is for you 2 Joe-Blows who have to be rude and say that if you are loud you are ignorant: NO, YOU are truly ignorant. I do agree that "loud" can be obnoxios, but I am more along the variety of excited and happy about life to the point that I can't contain it in my proper little female self. You can keep those wall-flower ladies, cause i certainly wouldn't want to have to fill that role.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: