Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:22 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,025,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
You obviously haven't been to that area lately. The project has already broken ground. The only two tenants I've heard of are an AMC movie theater and an outdoor/sporting goods store (cant remember the name).
It will be a Gander Mountain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 08:18 AM

384 posts, read 1,669,738 times
I just recently had to do a search of the area indoor pools since my daughter wanted to throw a going away party for her friend and what can you do with 20 or so 4th graders?! I called the area pools (in hotels) and our best bet was the MGM fundome in Odessa but they wanted us to rent 3 rooms. Other hotels would only allow us 4 guests to use the pool for every room we rented but I am happy to say that COM has started doing parties again and it's reasonable. (COM is the City of Midland Aquatics on A Street--used to be called Mabee) so just in case anyone needs a pool in the winter! (or summer, they do fun swim camps too) and they are doing a Christmas break swim camp too.

Pam

Old 12-18-2009, 09:01 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pammybear View Post
I just recently had to do a search of the area indoor pools since my daughter wanted to throw a going away party for her friend and what can you do with 20 or so 4th graders?! I called the area pools (in hotels) and our best bet was the MGM fundome in Odessa but they wanted us to rent 3 rooms. Other hotels would only allow us 4 guests to use the pool for every room we rented but I am happy to say that COM has started doing parties again and it's reasonable. (COM is the City of Midland Aquatics on A Street--used to be called Mabee) so just in case anyone needs a pool in the winter! (or summer, they do fun swim camps too) and they are doing a Christmas break swim camp too.

Pam
I loved COM Aquatics, especially after they really started expanding. I never did get to see everything they added after I left!

Have fun!! They had Olympic-caliber divers there in 2005, and it was a great show!

Old 12-19-2009, 04:38 PM

52,689 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
The $30 million expansion of Loop 250 is well underway and includes new interchanges at I-20 and B-20 on the East side of Midland. Construction should finish in 2011.

Also a new Stripe's truck stop is being built off I-20 and 158.

Here is a map showing some of the developments going on around Midland:

http://www.midlandtexas.gov/departments/development_serv/gis/maps/pdf/developmentmap.pdf (broken link)

Fantastic news!

Old 12-20-2009, 10:17 PM

Bonito Estates, a new 150-acre subdivision, is under construction off Loop 250 and Elkins Rd.

Midland also hired an architect to design a new est. $7 million municipal court building. It is proposed to be built on Illinois near the current facility.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:45 PM

SkyWest Airlines started two daily non-stop flights between Midland and Denver on December 17th.

This is the 4th airline company to come to MAF. Continental, Southwest, and American Eagle offer flights connecting Midland non-stop to Houston, Dallas, Austin, Las Vegas, and Albuquerque.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
An Alamo Drafthouse Cinema will soon be built adjacent to downtown (Indiana and A).
The project is being bid and will break ground early Summer 2010.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:07 PM

A new Carters Furniture store will replace the closed Dunlaps on Wadley. They will be moving from their downtown location.

Carter's Furniture - Midland, Texas

Graham Pharmacy is also moving to a new store and restaurant on Wall St.

A new CVS is being built where Taco Villa was demolished on the Andrews Hwy across from Midland Memorial Hospital.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:45 AM

384 posts, read 1,669,738 times
wow Midland is really growing! I just want to add how nice it is to come here now to read about Midland! thanks for the positive tone!

Old 12-21-2009, 07:42 AM

2 posts, read 4,610 times
It's very encouraging to see how much Midland is improving.
I am hopeful that the school system will as well. The earlier post about how bad the schools are was not a suprise to me . I graduated 1998 from Lee High and have to say after living in Tulsa, Ok that the school was very disappointing, poorly maintained and so focused on the state testing that the students don't really learn anything.
I still visit midland alot because my parents and my husbands family lives there so I will definatley look and see what improvements have been made
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas