Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,023,204 times

Advertisements

http://www.reatarealestate.com/properties_PDF/MidlandRetail.pdf (broken link)

This 100 acre development is located off Andrews Hwy near Loop 250. This will include a movie theater, restaurants, and 400,000 sf of retail.

http://www.gulfcoastcg.com/gulfcoast...ting_Flyer.pdf

Midland Market Place at the intersection of Wadley and Loop 250 includes several hundred thousand sf of retail.

The North Claydesta Center is another major retail development underway in the Claydesta Business District.

2 Walgreens and a CVS are under construction in the city.

$175 million in upgrades to the city are underway thanks to a bond. It will include a new 7-story tower.

Also under construction is Midlands outer loop which will be part of the La Entrada al Pacifico corridor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 07:30 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,028,593 times
Cool, it sure sounds like Midland is doing pretty well in these economic times we are in.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 PM

384 posts, read 1,668,826 times
Smile wow I live here

and didn't know that! If anyone out there is listening---My wish list is for a Whole Foods Grocery Store, an Indian Restaurant (as in from India) an indoor/outdoor waterpark, a Once Upon A Child Consignment shop, and an IMAX theater. Hey I can dream can't I? This is a great place to live, just missing a few things!!

Pam

Old 08-17-2009, 08:09 AM

5 posts, read 16,351 times
Oh I agree I want a Whole Foods as Well! But I bet we have a better chance at a smaller chain like Sprouts. At the 191 site they have already started work on bring in a Japanese Steakhouse, it is actually a second location to the one that is in Odessa called Osaka's. Also at the Loop 250 and Hwy 80 interchange to the west there is a huge empty area...that is currently under development as well for Retail shops and Planned Hotels.

Reopening the water park that used to be here would be a HUGE plus...completely remodeling and expanding the children's museum is needed, Plus I would LOVE a SUPER TARGET! That's all I want for Christmas is a Super Target LOL

If you ever wonder what is being built in Midland check out the Wonder what that's going to be over on Mywesttexaschatter! LOVE the videos every week!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:18 AM

Default thanks!

Great info!! Oh and don't forget "A child's place clothing store" If Lubbock has one, we should too!!!

Pam

Old 08-17-2009, 08:44 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,867,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pammybear View Post
and didn't know that! If anyone out there is listening---My wish list is for a Whole Foods Grocery Store, an Indian Restaurant (as in from India) an indoor/outdoor waterpark, a Once Upon A Child Consignment shop, and an IMAX theater. Hey I can dream can't I? This is a great place to live, just missing a few things!!

Pam
An IMAX theater would be just too cool...I love the one here, but money is an issue (the films are very expensive to both produce and show), so they don't change that often.

I'd also kill for an HEB here, but they are only in TX and Mexico.....they did a feasibility study for one in El Paso, but apparently nixed the idea. The HEB there was under remodeling when I left 2 years ago! I miss my Texas wines, too (St Genevieve in Fort Stockton)....Tampico's....and my vets.

Yep, Midland is doing pretty well.....

Just because a childish, immature basher who has nothing else to do rather than put Midland down doesn't mean that it's not a good place to live!

It has one huge downside that cannot be changed.....it's hot as hades! But I'd still take West Texas heat and relative dryness (most years) over the rest of the great state of Texas. I'm seriously considering returning, but to Alpine/Ft Davis/Marfa.....I'd have to drive to Midland for shopping and many services, but careful planning should minimize the number of trips.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 PM

80 posts, read 108,086 times
Well there were three developments in Midland that I know about in the last thirty days. I will recount them in the order that happened.
First, Midland Deputies acting childish during a training visit to Williamson County are under investigation for alleged disorderly conduct during training visit to Williamson County.

http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/08/13/news/top_stories/doc4a838ee135351849637342.txt
Second, apparently people are still putting burning crosses in people’s yards in the middle of the night in Midland. See the following link for the article that appears in Midland Reporter News.

MyWestTexas.com > News > Top Stories: MPD investigates report of burning cross in yard
Third, The Midland Independent School District, the whole district not just one school, was ranked as Unacceptable by the Texas Education Agency on July 31, 2009. See the link below from the Midland Reporter News for that article.

http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/08/01/news/top_stories/doc4a7381b2906d9855940719.txt
Does anyone in the forum know of any new developments happening in Midland? I personally think these three are more than enough.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 AM

Default waterpark

Hey MMJW or Cathy or Lucidus--why did the water park go under? I would imagine that it would be very popular especially between Midland and Odessa--Did you know that Lubbock has a water park? It closed for a year and a half and then reopened this past summer. Do any of the area hotels have an indoor pool with a slide or anything? Talk to you soon!

Pam

Last edited by pammybear; 08-20-2009 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: forgot a word or two!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,867,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pammybear View Post
Hey MMJW or Cathy or Lucidus--why did the water park go under? I would imagine that it would be very popular especially between Midland and Odessa--Did you know that Lubbock has a water park? It closed for a year and a half and then reopened this past summer. Do any of the area hotels have an indoor pool with a slide or anything? Talk to you soon!

Pam
From what I remember, the water park was a result of the boom--it did well until the next bust, around 1985 or so. After it closed, it deteriorated to such an extent (as well as being an area for graffiti and other negatives) that it had to be razed. It may have been as late as 1990, but I don't think so.

Don't they still have a water park in Odessa on the outskirts?

Lucidus/MMJW? Do y'all remember exactly what happened?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,023,204 times
I remember going there as a child in '90s. Hero's Water World was a blast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas