Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:50 PM

4 posts, read 6,981 times

Advertisements

StillKit - If you are still around here in Denison ...You are AWESOME!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 07:20 PM

stillkit you are AWESOME!!!!! Your post to Lallen2004 about moving here Fantastic.OH yeah I've got two things I'd like to say "To all of those city workers that drive around in the white cars stop giving your family rides to the grocery store on the taxpayers dime.That is for the blonde lady you know who you are............If your a DOG OWNER the city, Denison loves to pick up your pets BECAREFUL .They have a death sentence here, and a DOG ON A CHAIN IS LEGAL.That is just wrong and they won't do a freaking thing about it.So to the people out there that do chain their dogs if you can't afford a fence or take Fido out for a walk every few hrs. dont get a dog.....

Old 08-09-2010, 07:23 PM

Default Dallas people

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
We're some of the Dallasites that go back and forth to Lake Texoma. We have houses there, so no need for a B&B. I have seen plenty of B&B's come and go. They never last long. Folks I know who are going to spend some time in those parts are specifically headed to Lake Texoma and they rent cabins close to the lake, stay on their boats, rent a condo or room at Tanglewood, camp at one of the parks or just go for the day.

Downtown Denison has a lot of flea market type stores - junk stores - very fun to search for treasures. Dension is also the birthplace of President Dwight Eisenhower and there is a small house/museum you can visit. The dam that makes Lake Texoma is also in Denison and interesting. The town is just not much of a destination. Sherman has Austin College which is a well-regarded liberal arts school.

The Corps of Engineers is just pitiful. Just ridiculous, as far as being corrupt.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:26 PM

Why does everyone that comes from Dallas and the surrounding burbs always have to tell the locals "We are from Dallas" Guess what? We don't care

Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,458,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbean2008 View Post
Why does everyone that comes from Dallas and the surrounding burbs always have to tell the locals "We are from Dallas" Guess what? We don't care

And, it's easy to tell anyhow.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,458,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbean2008 View Post
StillKit - If you are still around here in Denison ...You are AWESOME!!!!

Yep. Still here.

Thanks.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:03 AM

Location: The Old Turkey Farm, 4 miles s. of Oklahoma/Denison TX
2 posts, read 2,762 times
Default What gives 'em away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
And, it's easy to tell anyhow.
So I'll be sure NOT to do it!

Old 07-14-2012, 02:23 PM

94 posts, read 384,600 times
Seems to me after reading about the place you'd have to be nuts to want start a business there!!!!

Old 07-16-2012, 06:40 PM

Location: The Old Turkey Farm, 4 miles s. of Oklahoma/Denison TX
2 posts, read 2,762 times
Unhappy True THAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucsonmom View Post
Seems to me after reading about the place you'd have to be nuts to want start a business there!!!!
Too true! Let alone "LIVE" here!! Wish I'd known about this site before I'd plopped my hard-earned money down and bought 3 acres of pure D Hell! If by some miracle I should ever be able to unload this place for near what I paid for it...

Generally, people are quite nice, but the town itself, near as I can tell, has been forced to remain unchanged since the 1950's, and not in a good way. We're not talking "Mayberry" here. Shame, really, 'cuz it COULD be a cool little place--if the folks in charge would ALLOW it to be.

But maybe that's just me...

Old 10-20-2012, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,175 times
Hi,
My husband and I are looking to relocate to this area, but now I'm kind of scared.
After reading how horrid the local goverment officials are there.
We are looking at homes in the rural area's about 5 to 10 miles out of the City Limits.
Please tell me it is'nt that bad in the rural area's.

I want to retire near my family,
I have been away too long.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas