Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Texas Vote Democrat In Any Of The Next 5 Presidential Elections?
Yes 36 46.15%
No 27 34.62%
No Way To Tell 12 15.38%
Who Cares. 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:56 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Most Hispanics vote with their pocketbooks and not with their Bibles. They lean left and have in every single election in Texas history. The GOP certainly isn't doing much to encourage change here--their policies reek of anti-Latino xenophobia and their economic policies do absolutley nothing to help the vast majority of Latinos economically. White businessmen may benefit from low taxes, but first generation Americans tend not to.
Seems very similar to blacks. While Blacks are mostly socially conservative, everything else is liberal and blacks tend to vote with their pocketbooks over their bibles as well. If the Hispanics again more power in Texas and the Republicans do not rectify their stance on some of the issues in the Hispanic community, it is not out of the realm of possibility to see Texas go democratic or blue within the next several election cycles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 06:18 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Who doesn't vote with their pocketbooks? A wealthy Black or Latino is more likely to vote Republican just like a wealthy White person is. Politics is all about money & greed anyways. All of the Blacks who voted for Obama just because he is "Black" are going to get shafted in the end, they're just too blind to see it right now.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Who doesn't vote with their pocketbooks? A wealthy Black or Latino is more likely to vote Republican just like a wealthy White person is. Politics is all about money & greed anyways. All of the Blacks who voted for Obama just because he is "Black" are going to get shafted in the end, they're just too blind to see it right now.
All the blacks I know well are strong republicans.

NIta

Old 08-18-2009, 07:52 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,592,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
that's something even Hispanics are finally agreeing on.
What the hell are you talking about? Do you know any Latinos?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:03 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
It doesn't really matter who is on the ticket for democrats. Blacks will vote democratic period. For some ODD reason, people now payed attention to the percentage of the Black vote for only this election when in reality, Blacks vote this way for Democrats for the last several generations. Basically, if Hillary won the Democratic nomination, she would have gotten in the high 80s or low 90s in percentage of votes and that is all that is to it. Why do you think we are going to get shafted anyway?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Oh & I'd like to see those Liberals try to take our guns away. It would be another Civil War all over again.
Wow, youre just makeing those stereotypes come to life.

If Texas left the Union, I think we would see a whole heck of alot of people leave. I would. Just because I wouldnt want to be a "Texas Citizen", but an American one. You sound just like the liberals who keep threatening to move to Canada if Bush was re-elected.

Basically I have no respect for anyone who gives themselves the title of Republican, Democrat, Conservative, or Liberal (to be clear Im not speaking to a particular person on here). By doing that, you just want politicians and commentators to think for you. If we had a nation of people who thought for themselves, I think it would be a better place. Instead, some people let a bunch of politicians do it for them.

The funny thing is that it seems that the Texas people are trying to pull the state toward the middle, but the politicians here are pulling the state to the right.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:50 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
The way things are going now with Obama & Co. I hope Texas says enough with this horse **** & secedes. Get it through your thick heads WE DON'T WANT GOVERNMENT RUN HEALTHCARE!!!

Oh & I'd like to see those Liberals try to take our guns away. It would be another Civil War all over again.
I'd love for Texas to secede. I'd be one of the first out. Have fun with all the extra taxes.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:52 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Yet, Obama won the vote with people who's income is over 250K+ per year.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:28 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,565,078 times
Wink Truth hurt much?

Has anyone heard the phrase Social Conservative, Fiscal Liberal? I think that's where many latinos are at politically.

And no it wasn't just McCain that LAtinos were voting against...who ever said that really doesn't know what they're talking about.
2000 Presidential General Election Results - Texas

And how many times do we have to have that same tired Gallup Poll thrown in our faces....did you even read the criteria for the poll???
Here...here's one saying that 30 states are SOLIDLY DEMOCRATIC and ONLY FOUR ARE STILL REPUBLICAN.

Political Party Affiliation: 30 States Blue, 4 Red in 2009 So Far

So much for that.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:53 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
I'd love for Texas to secede. I'd be one of the first out. Have fun with all the extra taxes.
I don't believe secession would happen; however, I believe Texas has the potential to be better off as long as it becomes the Republic the USA is supposed to be. Judging by the politicians currently in power (both dems & reps), there is no guarantee that a free Texas would be any different than the declining USA. I believe a Ron Paul kinda' guy is needed. But, that is my opinion. I definitely would STAY & fight for Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas