Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:39 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,399,901 times

Advertisements

Dallas Cowboys can stay the Dallas Cowboys. Many teams in the NFL have their stadium in the 'burbs of their namesake city. No problem here. I am a Cowboy fan (and always have been), but I must admit, that if San Antonio ever gets a team, they would probably bump the Cowboys to #2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 10:08 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,593,793 times
I'm a diehard Cowboys fan but Jerry is just a little too full of himself. This new $1.2 billion stadium is essentially a monument he built for himself. But people of Arlington shouldn't worry. They will reap huge benefits and tax dollars eventually from it. Laura Miller was an idiot to be against a new stadium in Fair Park. That's exactly where they SHOULD be playing.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:42 AM

15,705 posts, read 9,471,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
We're going through a funk right now..... They will get over it in due time.
Yeah, and the funk's name is Jerry Jones. Add Tony Romo and you have The Funk and the Punk!

Old 11-13-2013, 02:46 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,731,959 times
How about Jerry's Puppets? He is the Owner and General Manager. With so much control he wields, the Head Coaching job is just a title. Perhaps he should be the Head Coach.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:37 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,954,143 times
I'm glad I'm not a cowboy fan.

Putting up with Mack Brown and Jerry Jones at the same time would be just too much.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:22 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,468,773 times
I think the Equestrian riding Bovine Managers Of Irving flows better than Dallas Cowboys!

Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,841,032 times
You seriously brought this thread back up...?

(-_-')

Old 11-16-2013, 09:37 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
LOL!! Well, I personally have had NO use for the Cowboys in any form or fashion since the team was sold to that jerk Jerry Jones--and Tom Landry canned.

A**holes. I wouldn't care if they lost every single game this season. This is all ridiculous--if I were still watching them and cared whether they won or lost, I'd much rather see the games in the comfort of my own home!!
Well stated!

My husband officially switched his allegiance to the Saints this year. Of course, I was already there but now we get to BOTH enjoy watching the Saints kick some Cowboy arse.

And don't even get me started on Romo. Without saying what my husband calls him (it would be offensive to some, but let's just say it RHYMES with Romo), I'll just say that I am sick and tired of looking at his perpetually confused and wounded expression. The man is no leader. I am not saying he's not a good quarterback in other ways - he's definitely got talent. But he's not a natural leader, like so many other NFL quarterbacks obviously are.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:27 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,829,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well stated!

My husband officially switched his allegiance to the Saints this year. Of course, I was already there but now we get to BOTH enjoy watching the Saints kick some Cowboy arse.

And don't even get me started on Romo. Without saying what my husband calls him (it would be offensive to some, but let's just say it RHYMES with Romo), I'll just say that I am sick and tired of looking at his perpetually confused and wounded expression. The man is no leader. I am not saying he's not a good quarterback in other ways - he's definitely got talent. But he's not a natural leader, like so many other NFL quarterbacks obviously are.
LOL!! Thanks! And now, over four years later, I STILL don't have any use for the Cowboys, and I haven't watched a game in over three years!

And....I agree with both of y'all.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:54 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,755,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GSstage1 View Post
How about Jerry's Puppets? He is the Owner and General Manager. With so much control he wields, the Head Coaching job is just a title. Perhaps he should be the Head Coach.
I'd bet a nickel to a doughnut he'd take that job over as well if it didn't require him to stay right there on the sidelines throughout every game. LOL That luxury box suits him better for the most part (that meaning unless he just wants to mingle on the sideline ~ which he has done ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well stated!

Yep, that's been a pretty popular nickname for Romo. And you are so right on the money about that expression he puts on. OMG I'm like . . . just grow a pair! I also agree 100% he is no leader and that is part of being a good quarterback - just being able to throw the ball isn't going to cut it. But old Jerry thinks he's the greatest QB to come down the pike, best in the league right now to hear him say, so that is all that matters - what Jerry thinks.

I remember a while back they did tell Romo to mingle more with his teammates on the sideline rather than stay apart from them all the time and I watched a little and saw he was making an effort. I don't know if it continued or not, I just can't stand to watch them and if I happen to watch even a little of any Cowboy game, it is to root against them. My gawd, I'll tell you how bad I can't stand them anymore, I actually was rooting for Philadelphia when they played them and yes, I was a diehard 'hate the Eagles and Buddy Ryan' person. If anyone had ever told me that one day I would be rooting for the Eagles to win, I'd have told them they were crazier than a loon. LOL What a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I STILL don't have any use for the Cowboys
You & me both!

I've called them many names since old Jerry took over, Cowgirls, Cryboys, etc. Basically, every time you listen to their excuses, the name crybabies comes to mind and Lord help, don't they realize that just because they say we need to improve on this or that and then go out the very next week making the same lame plays, they are not improving their image and seriously, fans get sick of it year after year.

Oh well, although Jerry wants to win and have the best team in the NFL, he wants to play the big shot even more and therein lies the crux of the problem. One of my biggest gripes with Jones is the fact he'll take on any scumbag player if he thinks it will help the cause, it doesn't matter one bit what their morals are. Great role models for the younger generation to look up to. Too bad.

Then of course, having to look at and listen to all his little spineless 'yes men' he has paraded through. It is just downright sickening. Go any team BUT the Cryboys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas