Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 06:18 PM

101 posts, read 359,061 times

Advertisements

Anyone had any problems with BNE of Texas? I have sent everything, but was told could take up to 3-6 months before I can get My license. related to past criminal history, two misdemeanors that are 10 and 14 years ago before I became a nurse and I have not been in trouble again. Is it really going to take this long.

CM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 09:04 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Can't answer this directly as I have no direct experience. I do know, or at least feel very strongly, that our state organization is trying to elevate the level of professionalism in the ranks.

My original license was in Texas but have gotten 3 other states over the years. I suppose you are not coming from a reciprocal state. Good luck!

Old 05-05-2007, 06:00 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
That does seem like a long time. Can you get a temporary while you're waiting for everything to get finalized?

Old 05-05-2007, 07:18 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
TX BNE has always been VERY quick....i have had my RN license in TX for almost 16 years now. Renewals are done very quickly, all within a week.
Georgia on the other hand.......takes several months...thank God I worked for the government and didnt need my GA RN license for my primary place of employment! (you can use any state RN license on military/govt installations). btw, once you get your TX RN, DONT LET RENEWALS PASS YOU BY-it is a valuable RN license to have because of the reciprocity-your TX RN license is good in about a dozen or more states! great for travelers!

Old 05-06-2007, 09:25 PM

101 posts, read 359,061 times
Unable to get a temp. due to the the investigation. My plans are to take an assignment the first of June. without my license I might have to take a job here in FL, that would mean staying in FL for the summer.
It only took them 4 days to respond to my first application, so I hoping that this investigation would not take that long, but I 've only got about 2 weeks before I need to go some where. Thanks for ya'll help
cm

Old 05-07-2007, 08:36 AM

gosh Florida is HARDER....i remember considering doing a travel job in FL and they require freakin FINGERPRINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dang!

Old 05-07-2007, 12:48 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
gosh Florida is HARDER....i remember considering doing a travel job in FL and they require freakin FINGERPRINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dang!
texas is starting to require fingerprints, now. i think all new licenses will require fingerprints, and existing nurses will be required to get them over the next few years.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:42 PM

i have had my TX RN now 16 years, just paying renewals...but will be granted renewals even when they start fingerprinting cuz i have no criminal history lol...worked for Dept of Defense/Army and the criminal justice system here in TX so been fingerprinted for those jobs (not license)........i am a good girl hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
texas is starting to require fingerprints, now. i think all new licenses will require fingerprints, and existing nurses will be required to get them over the next few years.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:55 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
me too!! i've never even had a ticket!! but it's kinda scary, though!! my dh has licenses in several states--even new mexico requires fingerprints. they sure don't require as much for physicians, huh!? it amazes me how they can move around the country at will, but we nurses are subjected to so much scrutiny. and what's the deal with all these "imposters" you see in the newsletter!!! they always seem to get these cushy jobs as dons and clinic positions!!!!

Old 05-08-2007, 06:47 AM

yeah....it's a scam..to make money for the licensing bureaus. there is NO reason why the whole USA cant have one universal RN licensure with all 50 compact states. i mean, you can work in any federal, military, indian reservation in any state, with ANY state license, so if it is good enough for THEM, it should be good enough for any civilian facility in any state.
about the imposters, i have noticed that many get jobs in private practice settings, or nursing homes, not in big corporate hospitals where background checks are more inclusive.......
but a TX RN license is so valuable-at least it compacts with, i dunno, maybe 16 states now? great for travelers, so BIG PROPS to TX BNE for making it possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
me too!! i've never even had a ticket!! but it's kinda scary, though!! my dh has licenses in several states--even new mexico requires fingerprints. they sure don't require as much for physicians, huh!? it amazes me how they can move around the country at will, but we nurses are subjected to so much scrutiny. and what's the deal with all these "imposters" you see in the newsletter!!! they always seem to get these cushy jobs as dons and clinic positions!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas